Quoting and linking (split from unable to quote or copy & paste)

one moderator implys that it was a rule of forum that we should quote/announce our another thread's link or other members' link which are opened / commented interior this forum. he said that we are allowed to quote the original that comment instead this.

at first I would ask a reason for this rules?

and secondly , isn't it more difficult to find that comment and QUOTE comment?

because it's longer way.

so I suggest to change this rule.

it doesn't seem useful.

one moderator implys that it was a rule of forum that we should quote/announce our another thread's link or other members' link which are opened / commented interior this forum. he said that we are allowed to quote the original that comment instead this.

at first I would ask a reason for this rules?

and secondly , isn't it more difficult to find that comment and QUOTE comment?

because it's longer way.

so I suggest to change this rule.

it doesn't seem useful.

It's OK to mention a quote from Stephen Hawking. It's NOT OK to link to a reply you made in another thread that mentions the quote. That's promoting/advertising, and while it's not commercial, it's also unnecessary and unappreciated. It's better to just copy/paste and give credit for the quote from Hawking in the current thread.

People don't want to click your link. Because that's the longer way. It's not useful.

It's OK to mention a quote from Stephen Hawking. It's NOT OK to link to a reply you made in another thread that mentions the quote.

1)That's promoting/advertising, and while it's not commercial (!), it's also unnecessary and unappreciated. It's better to just copy/paste and give credit for the quote from Hawking in the current thread.

2)People don't want to click your link. Because that's the longer way. It's not useful. (this reaaon is not enough or doesn't seem enough logical)

sorry to write lack word.

my keyboard i spoilt and sometimes it does not write some words. (the correct form should (have) be(en) "one moderator implys ....we should NOT quote ...." ("NOT" Could not be written ,sorry for this)

1) I NEVER SUPPORT SOMEONES WHO ARE DISHONEST! (yur comment seems like to reminiscent something just like CONFLICT OF INTEREST (!)

2) may I ask ,why did you prefer to use that (subject) pronoun : "your" , this was not necessity , and why don't you prefer to criticize your own ideas before criticizing any idea?

while ,this have some good ways in your opinion , this is not enough to reach that goal (that you implied to be easier to use the forum)

as you see ,I enjoy to write long comments at scientific subjhects and please be aware that I WILL ALMOST EVERYTIME BE SERIES AT SCIENTIFIC SUBJECTS.

I prefer to write long ,REASON: to be able to give all details so as not to make feel someone missing required detail and so to make them prefer criticizing quickly (This is intention).

sorry to speak so strictly to an elderly scientist. but you have not Cused all else ways if you are complaining now from this tongue

(it's including a bit tension,but this is not right for manner of science to create USEFUL results)

That is because you do not understand what he is implying because you do not speak the same language.

I have been feeling exhausted ,I don't agree this idea.

be aware that ,I will add you to my ignored list if you continue this subject.

my explanations which are up to now should be enough

Except that your explanations are incoherent ramblings because you continually fail to accept advice about your incorrect use of the language from native speakers. That is very ignorant. . Fine - ignore me then - I'm finished with you.

PS - and it is not an 'idea' of mine - it is a statement of fact based on observation. You are too far up yourself to realise you need help.

Edited by DrP

But you seem a bit disracted in your ideas.

And this is irrelevant to the discussion at hand: about links and quoting.

Linking to another thread in general is discouraged, and linking to a thread in speculations is forbidden (speculation is never to be used to support any other argument)