Simple memory experiment.

PeterPants

Hi all,

So I've got a little experiment everyone can do.

Simply write down the memory of an event that happened today on a piece of paper, in as much detail as you can, then fold it up the paper and put it away somewhere, some time later (remember how long, a day is good, a week is great, more is better) rewrite down the memory again in as much detail as you can, you can repeat this as many times as you want.

If you could share the results that would be great. I've done this experiment many times and found quite a lot of memory drift.

of course this is only mildly scientific, it has many flaws, any recommendations to improve data would be appreciated, any feedback on the experiment would also be happily received (negative feedback preferred)

• 2 weeks later...

OK

Transcriptions

7 Sept 2016

Not much has happened so far today - but I did go to Tescos for some fruit and groceries. Queued up as per normal and walked straight past Summer who is a check-out worker who is very friendly. She called me back and complained that everyone was ignoring her. She chided me for forgetting my clubcard. She was writing a greetings card in red/purple ink.

19 Sept 2016

On my way to work I popped into Tesoco to pick up some groceries. At checkout I walked to a free till but was called back by a women I know called Summer. She joked that everyone was ignoring her. She was writing a greetings card in purple-ish ink.

====

Forgot the club card - but then I always do