separation of Quebec province, am I the only one against this?

blackout

Obviously the people of Quebec don't know the full economic toll it will take on them. Once they get done paying for the military, and all other services that were formally centralized, they will probably wish they hadn't.

Obviously the people of Quebec don't know the full economic toll it will take on them.

Well the people of Quebec choose not to seperate at the last referendum so they probably do have a pretty good idea off what it would have cost.

The separatist people base their theory on the french language so...

english...french...that's just a "language war", and for me, this is more like a religion war. Me, I don't care about language or religion that people practise, the important things are the values. By the way, language is just a mean of communication. And we can speak as much as we can. After having finish my high school (it remains me just 1 year!) I will go to Vancover to improve my spoken english then maybe in Germany to learn german...

Guest lordroho

Our government is crazy to allow a separatist party to be in our parliament,it smacks of treason..their members should be kicked out!!

I say..Let Quebec seperate but first they must pay back all the money they borrowed from the Canadian government..

Whose currency who they use?..France is on the Euro...maybe their own money?

If we blockaded the St. Lawerance they would be hooped..

So..Quebec City would be alone because it seems to be the strong hold of the separatist movement and What about power ...where would they get their electricity from? because North Quebec would vote to stay in Canada..

They would lose most of their major companies head offices to other Canadian cities..

And in closing,I have no respect for a bunch of separatist hypocrites, who on one hand seem to have no problem collecting a pay cheque from the taxpayers of Canada,while on the other hand are trying to break up the country !!

By the way, I'm an "evil" separatist, and I find this topic very funny because I have NOTHING, really NOTHING against english-speaking Canadians and I'm often surprised how much anti-separatists hate us. It's really sad.

I've heard very little about this issue. Do French-speaking Canadians think they have the right to form a separate nation-state simply because of language differences? It raises the issue of what sort of differences are needed for the formation of a separate nation-state. For example, what legitimizes or delegitimizes Taiwan being separate from China?

For example, what legitimizes or delegitimizes Taiwan being separate from China?

Taiwan separation is legitimate cause China is communist (I hate them also) and Taiwan people don't want to be communist.