secret message... i just cant figure it out! help!

Guest isuit

Guest isuit

ok, my friend told me had a secret and that it was hidden in this message:

the only hint he gave me was that the 0's were dividers.

i thought i figured it out, but he told me i was wrong...

here's what i got

a +1 +18 -51 pattern

and if u hold alt and type the #'s (including 0's) on aim it makes a pattern

i have NO IDEA! anybody got any better ideas?? :confused:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

æ, ø and å are three vowels that are used in the Norwegian and the Danish writing systems. In Norwegian, 'æ' equals the vowel in 'cat' or 'plait', the 'ø' is more or less equal to the vowel in 'rough' or 'tough', and the 'å' equals the 'aw' in 'drawer' or the 'o' in organ.

We have got 02 29 02 30 02 48 01 97 01 98 02 16, or possibly (by 0 being dividers) 229 230 248 197 198 216. But you have already seen that.

Makes Σµ° ┼╞ ╪ any sense to you?

I think this has gone on long enough.

We must become more creative to solve this puzzle.

Can you kidnap a pet from the originator of the puzzle and extort the answer out of him that way? :cool:

• 2 months later...
229 230 248 197 198 216

It looks like 8-bit binary... i thought it might be ASCII, but putting "(number);" gives å æ ø Å Æ Ø again.

and if u hold alt and type the #'s (including 0's) on aim it makes a pattern

does the same on vb... is that directly imputting ascii?

• 4 weeks later...

13 5 14 17 18 9

M E N Q R I

ok, that's not it. i took out the dividers and added each group of three and wrote down the corresponding letter for each group.

j3h148...with a keyshift....i never was good at decoding

if you take out the separators and convert each chunk into binary, you get: 11100101 11100110 11111000 11000101 11000110 11011000.

if you add each of the ones in each chunk, you get: 5 5 5 4 4

those in binary is: 101 101 101 100 100

eh, this is going nowhere

229 230 248 197 198 216

something odd is that they're all within a certain range: 197-248. that's not that big of a range. maybe that has somethign to do with it?

btw, is your friend someone that would use complicated codes or ones that would be fairly simple?

perhaps cards in a deck... I dont know seeing as the range is 52.

6 groups of 3 numbers. I tried putting two groups into ceasar's boxes, but i got more gibberish.

222234908 and 112991786 are the two groupings.

would anyone know how to convert the 6 groups into matrices or anything?

A great man once postulated that entire libraries could be stored using a rod with a single mark on it. Measuring the length of the rod up to that mark(with incredible accuracy) you'd come up with some kind of fraction of a distance(i.e., 3.156714509847520475609867). The measuring instrument could feed these digits to a machine. Converting the numbers in the decimal to binary and then using binary to represent characters, it could print out the library! I don't know why that came to my mind...

What I was thinking was that perhaps the numbers stood for words rather than letters?

A great man once postulated that entire libraries could be stored using a rod with a single mark on it. Measuring the length of the rod up to that mark(with incredible accuracy) you'd come up with some kind of fraction of a distance(i.e.' date=' 3.156714509847520475609867). The measuring instrument could feed these digits to a machine. Converting the numbers in the decimal to binary and then using binary to represent characters, it could print out the library! I don't know why that came to my mind...

What I was thinking was that perhaps the numbers stood for words rather than letters?[/quote']

That's awesome, but rather impractical seeing as even a marginal error could turn the last thousand books into gibberish.

yes but even if the number stood for words we would have no way of determining which words...

if the differences between the numbers is 52 perhaps it has something to do with twice the amount of letters in the alphabet.

• 2 weeks later...