Learn Basic Chemistry

1145climber

Hey all. Im in 9th grade, currently taking physics. Chemistry isnt until junior year, and thats a while. i dont want to wait two more years. so...

does anyone know of a website that has like an online cirrculum that teaches basic chemistry? ive seen some cool sites that go through physics, chapter by chapter, just like our textbook, but i havent found any for chemistry. Im a smart kid and a quick learner, as well as being interested in the subject. so, any tips on where/how i could start learning chemistry? thanks for any ideas.

Yes. Especially the textbook coming out later this year with pictures of my phosphorus in it. ;) (Okay, I'll admit, this post was some spam. heh. But I do agree that nothing beats a good textbook with pictures and questions/answers in it).

the main thing is expierence in chemistry, you learn so much from demonstrations, id start with books and get yourself a good supply of basic chemicals: unitednuclear.com

once ur semi knowledgable and can safely weild chems, this is the BEST site for chemicasl. Not only are the chems not pyrothecnics, but the come in a fairly large variety and in good sized containers. By "good" i mean not too big, not too expensive.

(p.s. : the also have good lab equipment)

Heres the site: http://www.hometrainingtools.com/catalog/cat_chemistry.html

Well...we basically took an "into to chemistry" course, it's just the mandatory academic (advanced) Science course I took, we learned the basics...the elements, how table is organized, all the models of the atoms and models that made a big different (Gold Foyle, Electrolosys etc) mainly focusing on the atom at the last part...

I LOVED it though...took quite an interest in it and I think I'll be taking Gr 10 Academic Science first semester next year, and Gr 11 Chemistry 2nd semester...but....yeah, I just took an interest in Chemistry and kept reading after the unit was done...

Sorry to hijack the thread...Yes my name refers to nitroglycerin