Regarding the pressure within capillaries... PART 2

Es R

At the venous end of a capillary, consider these values: within the capillary, hydrostatic pressure is 18 mm HG and colloid osmotic pressure is 28 mm HG. In the interstitial fluid, hydrstatic pressure is 0 mm HG while colloid osmotic pressur eis 1 mm HG. What are the net hydrostatic pressure and the net colloid osmotic pressure? What is net filtration pressure and does fluid move in or out of the capillary?

It's called I'm in still in undergrad and God forbid I had a slip of the mind and capitalized the second letter. I didn't even know or care what HG meant in this case. I'm reading a physiology book, not a chemistry book. For all I know, HG could be an abbreviation for hemoglobin or something. I don't really understand this physiology material, nor do I care to. I live in america so we are forced to waste and extra two years and double the tuition on pointless classes called general education requirements. That is what this is.

Edited by Es R

If you don't care to understand physiology, you won't. It's such a beautiful discipline, but requires great interest in it to be fully understood.

Ergo, I'm not sure if I can be much of a help here, since I'm not sure my help will 'arrive good', or be appreciated to the extent it is supposed to.

Dude... I'm sure you're brilliant. You must be as good as your credentials on here are. Physiology personally does not interest me. That does not means it's bad or that I'm bashing it. All it means is that it's not my forte. I'm doing three different assignments at once and my dog just died, so yeah... Again, this is a general education requirement for me. I am forced to pay for it just so my college and the government can milk me for as much as they want. It is not my major. that doesn't mean it's bad. It just means that I don't have interest in it and I just want to get these damn answers so I can pass the class and move on with my degree.

Your education will benefit you in the long run and stop you being an ignorant moron when you are older. There is nothing wrong with obtaining an awareness about things that don't really interest you. Things on your curriculum are there for a reason. You might not see their relevance now but the information you learn now may be seriously helpful in the future.

If you are THAT disinterested in it then maybe you are on the wrong course?

Maybe you don't know what it's like to be forced to dish out thousands of extra dollars for redundant classes that don't pertain to your future occupation... This is why education is a joke. Gen eds are only for the sake of making the colleges twice the cash by keeping students enrolled for an extra two years. There is no reason to extort people and hold their degree over their head, laughing at them, because they didn't become "well rounded" by slaving over a bunch of redundant classes that don't pertain to their future career. They'll forget 95% of those gen ed classes anyway. You know it's true.

How about instead of criticizing me, someone actually gives an answer to my question? I came here for a reason. I was getting sick of Yahoo Answers. Half the time on it, people write stupid stuff as an answer just for the sake of being stupid, and the other half the time, they're just flat out rude and yell at you.

Edited by Es R

How about instead of criticizing me, someone actually gives an answer to my question?

Just answering questions on the homework help part of the forums is just not how things work here.

And I'm flattered, but no, I am not brilliant.

EDIT: oops, it's not even in the homework help section.

Edited by Function