Car alternator to DC motor

Michael1919

I have an old car alternator , is it possible to convert it to DC motor which will have permanent magnets on the rotor , I have seen on the Internet so that it can work in the generator mode , can and in motor mode ?

The stator's coil acting in bad condition, all three wires are breaking with the coil , I soldered them , can it will be able to do correctly. I questioned a diode , coil and the place where the soldered, and it shows that OK. I'm all that disassembled and pulled out, and when connect stator to the battery , there is no magnetic force of attraction , put the rotor in, or other ferometal and no attractive, whether it is a bad sign , whether there should be a force of attraction, I still don't have magnets and ask from this reason?

BLDC is probably a better option , but for me, more complicated and more expensive, I also damaged the rotor's coil.

I am sorry for my bad english. Greetings

Edited by Michael1919

Welcome.

The amount of effort, time, sweat, tears and money to do such conversion for a novice can be beaten over 100-to-1 by getting a motor from a wreck car boneyard for a couple of dollars. Starter, window actuator, blower fans,...

Feeding 12VDC into the stator from the external + terminal will produce no magnetism as there is built-in diodes preventing current.

Study how it works first, then for a learning experience go ahead for a chance of frustration. It was made as alternator; and that is what is supposed to be for.