How can someone like animals more than people?

Lyudmilascience

To be perfectly frank, that doesn't really help your position.

I'm not sure but if this comment refers to me I have to clarify that I do not take any positions on this, what I wrote is just a loose, subjective observation based on a very small number of people.

Prometheus, you said it is possible to love someone and still leave them. When you said "leave", do you mean just not being physically there but still talking and connecting with the person?

Both i guess. Sometimes people are able to separate but maintain some line of healthy communication. Other times the break has to be clean. I'm just basing this on personal observations, i don't really know any more about than any one else.

Lets face it.

Most human beings on this planet today are outright evil and selfish.

Animals are better than humans in almost every way.

Animals never offend you, animals never say mean things to you, animals aren't so greedy and corrupt and animals never do bad things to each other for no reason.

Only humans do these bad things to each other therefore animals are way better than humans.

I know I sound like a misanthrope but it's true. Most people on this planet are shitty and greedy.

Edited by seriously disabled

Animals never offend you, animals never say mean things to you, animals aren't so greedy and corrupt and animals never do bad things to each other for no reason.

Except the way you define these things, the animal can't lose, so humans are automatically going to fail in your eyes. The way you define "offend" is probably unattainable by any animal we normally come in contact with (i.e., offense requires intention, but animals never intend to offend). Animals can't speak so they can't say anything, mean or nice. The way you define greedy and corrupt are standard to humans only. Why isn't a bear gorging on stored months of honey considered greedy? Why isn't it corrupt for a cowbird to lay its eggs in another bird's nest so it doesn't have to raise its own young?

And you're really setting up confirmation bias with a phrase like "for no reason". You always assume animals have some natural reason for doing bad things to each other. It's OK for male lions to kill another male's children, because that's natural for them, right? And orcas can play with a seal until it drowns rather than just chomp on it after it's too tired to fight anymore, because... well, there must be a reason, right? This kind of thinking automatically favors any other animal over humans, for none of the right reasons.

Lets face it.

Animals are better than humans in almost every way.

Only humans do these bad things to each other therefore animals are way better than humans.

I know I sound like a misanthrope but it's true. Most people on this planet are shitty and greedy.

I do not believe most people are selfish or evil. I would hope that most people do not believe this. most of the ones i know do not. most people are kind, they want friends, we need to work in teams for survival. animals do not have comprehension of evil or corrupt. they can not be compared to humans because they are different psychologically. a misanthrope is a person who dislikes human kind, so I agree you sound very misanthropic, glad you know that, but I do not think that is a true reflection of society. It is not to your advantage to live with this point of view that most people are immoral or evil. It is probably hard for you to make friends in life, or maybe you dont even want friends.

Actually, a small percentage are outright evil and selfish, and a small percentage are saintly and compassionate. Most human beings on this planet today are somewhere in between.

QUOTE: "Animals are better than humans in almost every way"....

How?

QUOTE "animals never do bad things to each other"..

What rot. You know nothing about animals then, NOTHING at all - they can be VERY cruel to each other indeed.... when a lion takes over a new pride he drives off the old lion or kills it - then he kills ALL of the cubs, leaving the mother distraught, then rapes all of the females... yea, animals are better, sure. pfft! what total nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...