10 blinks off the guilotine

A long time ago something came up in a conversation with a friend about how long you can see or how long you "live" essentially after you die. My friend said 10 seconds and told me a story or something he heard. It goes like this: Somebody's wondering the same question and says to somebody else, when the guilotine goes down and my head comes off, I will blink for every second I can see/live/whatever, So the guilotine comes down, and his head comes off, and it blinks ten times, one for each second.

So I didn't believe him and said it was probably just a muscle spasm or something like a snake's jaws do when it's killed while snapping.

Any thoughts?

Sorry about how vague this is, the conversation came up 8 years ago, and the naivety of it is because we where in the second grade.

So I didn't believe him and said it was probably just a muscle spasm or something like a snake's jaws do when it's killed while snapping.

Actually, those aren't muscle-spasms; the snake is still alive, and can live for over 10 minutes. Because they have such low metabolisms, it takes a lot longer for the lack of blood to the brain to kill them. It's an exceptionally cruel death.

Mokele

Why don't you try just not killing it? They're not hurting anyone, even the venomous species. Over 70% of venomous snakebites are caused by people attempting to catch or kill the animal. Just leave it alone and let it do what it evolved to do.

Mokele

Guest Nua

well, when your head is cutted off u r dead immediately, but guss what

if this head properly install in lab (brain need glucose , o2 , and so on there whould be a life dead brain or head , but for how long , one day , i don't think so ...:D

cheers