I Am A Creationist!

SimonFunnell

I am a daft, stupid, ignorant fool that believes the universe was created in a mysterious and magical explosion some unknown time in the past simply because Einstein, who didn't believe such nonsense, told me it was 'beautiful'.

Using the same magic and mystery the universe accidentally created life just so dog could eat dog. There is no meaning to life, we are going to die and that is it. And of course religion is responsible all the wars despite the fact it is the Godless heathens with all the weapons, all the money and even the power to make laws by which it is decided who gets rewarded and who gets punished and what those rewards and punishments should be (i.e. they want to play God).

Yes, I am a completely deluded creationist.

Edited by SimonFunnell

I am a daft, stupid, ignorant fool that believes the universe was created in a mysterious and magical explosion some unknown time in the past simply because Einstein, who didn't believe such nonsense, told me it was 'beautiful'.

Using the same magic and mystery the universe accidentally created life just so dog could eat dog. There is no meaning to life, we are going to die and that is it. And of course religion is responsible all the wars despite the fact it is the Godless heathens with all the weapons, all the money and even the power to make laws by which it is decided who gets rewarded and who gets punished and what those rewards and punishments should be (i.e. they want to play God).

what is the point of admitting your stupid? just stop believing in creationism, you clearly know that's why people see you this way and its easy to just stop believing in it.

Unlike some others I don't think your beliefs make you stupid or intelligent.

They are after all subjective BELIEFS, and have a foundation in your life experiences and circumstances.

This is however, a science forum. And we discuss things that can be backed up by observation, experiment and at least some math.

Beliefs by definition, cannot. So there really isn't anything to discuss then, is there ?

Also, some people on this forum are displaying their own ignorance and intolerance by claiming higher intelligence than you.

And they should know better.

Here we argue with facts and math, not with name calling.

Unlike some others I don't think your beliefs make you stupid or intelligent.

They are after all subjective BELIEFS, and have a foundation in your life experiences and circumstances.

I guess it depends somewhat on just how stupid or intelligent those beliefs are, no..? If you really believe in a 6-day creation six or seven thousand years ago, well...

...believes the universe was created in a mysterious and magical explosion some unknown time in the past...

Explosion is not really the right word here - it gives the impression of something like a chemical explosion. We are not sure at all what happened very close to 't=0', but shortly after that we have a good picture. It is called the Lambda CDM model.

...simply because Einstein, who didn't believe such nonsense, told me it was 'beautiful'.

You can make some great predictions using rather generic big bang models such as the abundance of light nuclei - and guess what? - these predictions fit well with what we observe.

Using the same magic and mystery the universe accidentally created life just so dog could eat dog.

Again, you are just picking out gaps in our knowledge rather than brining anything to the table to discuss. Exactly how life emerged is not understood - well all accept that and take it to mean 'work in progress'.

There is no meaning to life, we are going to die and that is it.

Life is what you make of it and you bring meaning to your own life.

And of course religion is responsible all the wars...

This is clearly not true.

...despite the fact it is the Godless heathens with all the weapons...

Not true, lots of religious groups have weapons - ISIS for example!

...all the money and even the power to make laws by which it is decided who gets rewarded and who gets punished and what those rewards and punishments should be (i.e. they want to play God).

Some of these people will be religious.

So do something about it.

I guess it depends somewhat on just how stupid or intelligent those beliefs are, no..? If you really believe in a 6-day creation six or seven thousand years ago, well...

The problem is that lots of people are brainwashed as children. So I would not link directly what one believes with intelligence.

This is a triple straw man.

Science does not say the universe was created.

Science does not say there was an explosion.

It isn't accepted just because "Einstein said so".

And you wonder why people become impatient with your repetitive rants?

If you demonstrated a mature and open-minded willingness to engage in discussion (even if you didn't learn from it) then you might get a bit more respect.

As it is, you always start out with a series of false statements, then claim that any attempt to explain your errors is an insult or disrespectful, and start throwing insults around.

Look, I did not start with the insults, I tried to keep it civil but when people are aggressively and viciously attacking you (calling someone a crackpot for instance) it is hard to keep your cool and not fire something back.

Look, creationism, big bang, same thing, the universe was created some time in the past by unknown forces.

Creationism is just for show, Christians don't really believe it, it was just designed to try and get big bangers to see how there own creationism is nonsense.

All the worlds religions, at the highest level, teach the same things. You cannot read a holy book and think you have understood it, you have to hear the associated oral stories to fully understand what is going on. However these oral stories are only shared with souls that treat other with dignity and respect and are genuinely seeking the truth. If you do not have these qualities you will be fed some bullshit story that sounds like it could be plausible but is not true. This is part of the science of religion, the purpose is to divide those who want the blessings of the earth (gold diggers) from those who want the blessings of heaven.

For example, these big bankers are seeking the riches of earth, they pay themselves as much possible while paying others as little as possible. Furthermore they are just gamblers who use absolutely nonsense mathematical equations to decide which projects to throw money at hoping that the gains are greater than the losses. Of course if one knows the truth about the modern banking system one will realise that it is owned by none other than Jesus' secret society who's logo you can find everywhere:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pyramid+with+eye&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi82umI8KTOAhXsKcAKHYrrDRYQsAQILg&biw=1279&bih=1291

So my point here is that the big bang is no different to creationism, it is creationism without a God.

Edited by SimonFunnell

Look, creationism, big bang, same thing, the universe was created some time in the past by unknown forces.

The difference is that scientists say 'we don't know what happened at t=0'. Creationists say 'we do know what happened at t=0, God did it'. The difference is huge.

Creationism is just for show, Christians don't really believe it...

This depends on what Christians you ask and what version of creationism you mean.

...it was just designed to try and get big bangers to see how there own creationism is nonsense.

There is no nonsense in saying 'we don't know'.

So my point here is that the big bang is no different to creationism, it is creationism without a God.

This depends on what you mean. We think that whatever was at 't=0' was natural and it was some natural phenomena that started the expansion of the Universe. But again, we don't understand physics at this extreme.

Simon - How does the Laryngeal nerve in a giraffes neck fit with your design beliefs vs evolution? It was the final nail in the coffin on creationism for me. When you step back from it and realise the bible is complete fiction it all seems so clear and obvious mate. No one knows what happened right at the start and you wont find the answer in fictitious books.

Also - I never saw anyone insulting you - if you feel insulted by being told you are wrong and refuse to investigate the actual facts then you ARE a crackpot - that's not an insult just an observation. Prove whoever it was that said you were wrong by engaging in sensible reasoned conversation rather than forcing a work of fiction on people.

The above rebuttals are all sound imo, read them and think about how dumb your opening post actually sounds.

Ok, you are a ignorant, arrogant fool. Now that is not a very nice for me to do, but you insist I am a crackpot based on your theories and evidence which is all subjective. Its all opinion, none of it is logically coherent, its a guess, a stab in the dark. People 'feel' as if I am a crackpot so therefore I am, that isn't logic. I have told people I have realised Einstein's dream and all they can do is call me a crackpot. What would you do if someone called you a crackpot? What would you think of them? There is a saying treat others as you would like to treat yourself, go and review my posts it is always someone else starting with the insults. They are the true crackpots.

The difference is that scientists say 'we don't know what happened at t=0'. Creationists say 'we do know what happened at t=0, God did it'. The difference is huge.

The other difference is that the scientists conclusion is based on evidence, while the religious view isn't.

But I don't think Simon will accept either of these statements.

Its all opinion, none of it is logically coherent, its a guess, a stab in the dark.

It is not opinion or guesses. It is well tested theories based on evidence. Your repeated lies about that don't really help your case.

I have told people I have realised Einstein's dream and all they can do is call me a crackpot. What would you do if someone called you a crackpot?

How about: prove them wrong? Show us that you really do have a model, and that it fits with the available evidence.

Simon - please stop with this rant and try not to cross you two similar threads.

As I said in the other thread. If you have been attacked then use the report button.

The other difference is that the scientists conclusion is based on evidence, while the religious view isn't.

This is a good point. And because of this science can develop and scientists can change their opinions. Science is always to some extent 'work in progress' and new ideas are put forward all the time - and most are shown not to be good ideas!

Look, I did not start with the insults, I tried to keep it civil but when people are aggressively and viciously attacking you (calling someone a crackpot for instance) it is hard to keep your cool and not fire something back.

Except that's not what happened. You posted something in a certain style, with a certain content, and someone said that earns some score from the crackpot index. That's attacking what you posted, not you. It's not particularly vicious, either. And the one sure-fire way of defending your ideas is to post evidence supporting them, which you have steadfastly refused to do.

And having borne false witness by saying you aren't a creationist and now proclaiming that you are, perhaps you can understand why skeptical people don't believe you when you claim to have something but won't share it.

I am not a creationist, as previously stated the universe is a spatially infinite and eternal kind of cellular automata (the underlying architecture of the universe).

It is big bangers that are the real creationists.

The problem with the very intelligent people on here is that they are not very wise.

You keep asking me to prove like I am in some obligated to share it with people, you keep demanding I prove it, no one has ever once asked kindly.

Richard Dawkins and many other people are white suprematists who demand everyone learn and respect their viewpoint and culture while applying exactly the opposite principle to others how do not share their own. It is hypocrisy, its hypocritical. Fine, if you think other peoples beliefs are nonsense, that is ok, but just keep it to yourself and treat them with dignity and respect rather than insulting because you don't personally believe this, that or the other.

I don't believe the big bang, its complete and utter nonsense, but I don't think people are stupid for believing it.

Edited by SimonFunnell

It is big bangers that are the real creationists.

But not in the sense usually associated with the word 'creationist'.

You keep asking me to prove like I am in some obligated to share it with people, you keep demanding I prove it, no one has ever once asked kindly.

If you are not going to share, then why bring it up at all?

Richard Dawkins and many other people are white suprematists...

Is this an attack on Dawkins? I am not sure that this forum allows such unfounded attacks.

I don't believe the big bang, its complete and utter nonsense, but I don't think people are stupid for believing it.

What is it that you don't believe about `big bang' cosmologies? Maybe people here can help you - or maybe that is better off in another thread.

Which God or "creator" do you think created the universe?