The Secret Science Of Religion

SimonFunnell

I notice a lot of atheists are always insisting we religious people study your wacky science.

Another thing I have noticed is that because atheists have never studied religion, they are basically ignorant of its science.

Discuss.

I notice a lot of atheists are always insisting we religious people study your wacky science.

I don't believe you. After school, is anyone forced to study science?

Another thing I have noticed is that because atheists have never studied religion, they are basically ignorant of its science.

Sadly, that is not true: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2010/09/28/130191248/atheists-and-agnostics-know-more-about-bible-than-religious

Statement one Is half true, but science is not "wacky"

Statement two is just outright false.

Strictly, since he says "I have noticed that..." it may be that the statement is "true" in his world- but delusional.

However, if you consider the bit where he says "atheists have never studied religion" inl ight of the observation that some people were theists and became atheists it is very difficult to see how one could believe it..

Hence my question about him being a troll; I can't distinguish what he has written from what a typical internet troll might write.

However, I would insist that someone who wants to criticise current science should actually learn science first.

That has nothing to do with religion, though. We probably get far more people making up their own "theories" based on ignorance of science than we do people claiming that science must be wrong because of religion.

You could also just go to a religious school.

Huh?

And why is this under Physics?

Discuss.

I would wish that more theists really knew what their holy books really say.

Since I have indeed studied religion, especially the christian one, read the Holy Bible several times and from what I've seen so far you haven't a clue about religion or science...

I smell troll..

Another thing I have noticed is that because atheists have never studied religion

How can you justify this claim?

For an (anecdotal) example, I went to a Catholic school for most of my primary and secondary school years and I had to read and "reason" about the bible though I never really bought it (I just wanted to pass my religion classes). Would you consider that studying the religion? Or does this not count because I admittedly couldn't for the life of me believe that the book I was reading was true?

Edited by andrewcellini

!

Moderator Note

Due to the complete lack of physics, I'm moving this "discussion" from Physics to Religion.

Also SimonFunnell, making blanket assertions about atheists is only going to make this another 8 page non-informative waste of everyone's time. Do you think you might actually engage in this discussion honestly, and provide more than just wavy hands to back up what you're claiming?

Don't bother replying to me, reply to those who've shown interest in your topic!

Ok, well let me introduce myself, my name is Simon Funnell, you can read my resume here:

http://www.synthesisacademy.org/organisation.html

I am currently launching a political party to unite the whole of the UK in preparation for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic games.

https://www.facebook.com/TheProvidentParty

I plan on being Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Of Great Britain as well as establishing a small university dedicated to martial arts

here in busy and beautiful Birmingham, the heart of the country.

I have a simple dream, it is to see every child on the planet with food in their stomachs, knowledge in their minds and courage in their hearts.

And I am deadly serious when I say that, I mean what I say.

Would you like to kindly introduce yourselves please?

Thank you.

I have a simple dream, it is to see every child on the planet with food in their stomachs, knowledge in their minds and courage in their hearts.

Ironic, from someone so strongly opposed to learning and evidence.

And I note that you are continuing your usual strategy of continually changing the subject to avoid answering any questions. Maybe politics is the right place for you.

Discuss.

What is this "Secrete Science" of which you speak? It's my understanding that Religion is rooted in faith, which is the antithesis of science.

Ok, well let me introduce myself, my name is Simon Funnell, you can read my resume here:

http://www.synthesisacademy.org/organisation.html

I am currently launching a political party to unite the whole of the UK in preparation for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic games.

https://www.facebook.com/TheProvidentParty

I plan on being Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Of Great Britain as well as establishing a small university dedicated to martial arts

here in busy and beautiful Birmingham, the heart of the country.

And I am deadly serious when I say that, I mean what I say.

Would you like to kindly introduce yourselves please?

Thank you.

Oh, I see...never mine. Good luck with your campaign and good luck Britain.

Edited by DrmDoc

!

Moderator Note

SimonFunnell, it sounds like you'll need a lot of time spent elsewhere in order to achieve your goal. I would suggest that we're just holding you back with all our talk of reality. You need to find someplace else to inflict with your brand of reasonableness.

Don't open up any more threads like this. We're a science discussion site, and you have no science. If it seemed even somewhat obvious you wanted to learn some, you'd be more welcome. As it is, you're wasting everybody's time, including your own.