New wine festival and the Crucifixion

granpa

Jesus (Samson) was arrested on 1-14 (Passover) but was executed on 3-15.

3-15 is the New wine festival. The παρα-σκευή of the passover. The day of παρα-shekar (hyper-drunkeness).

When large crowds get drunk people die.

Pilate, therefore, entered into the praetorium again, and called Jesus, and said to him, `You are the King of the Jews?'

Jesus answered, `Not an earthly king. I am a different sort of king'

Pilate, therefore, said to him, `So you are a king then'

Pilate, therefore, having heard this word, brought Jesus without -- and he sat down upon the tribunal -- to a place called, `Pavement,' and in Hebrew, Gabbatha; and it was the day of παρα-shekar (hyper-drunkeness) of the passover, and as it were the sixth hour (noon), and he said to the Jews, `behold, your king!'

But the people didnt understand what this meant so Pilate put on a little show to show them what it means. Pilate knew there would be a total eclipse that night.

Jesus was tied to the cross 3 hours later at at 3 pm.

If 3 pm was the 1st hour of the crucifixion then 8 pm was the 6th hour.

From 8 pm till 11:30 pm (june 14 of 29 AD) a total lunar eclipse came over all the land.

(The moon being symbolic of God)

When the eclipse ended Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "My God, my God, why did you forsake me?

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/JLEX/JLEX-AS.html

Pilates symbolism would have been clear to the people of the time but unfortunately in the centuries that followed the new wine festival was expunged from the Bible (replaced by Pentecost), the lunar eclipse was forgotten, and God began to be thought of as being more like the Sun than the moon.

These are the feasts of the Lord, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.

In the fourteenth day of the first month (1-14) at even is the Lord's passover.

And on the fifteenth day of the same month (1-15) is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.

In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.

Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:

And he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you: on the morning of the sabbath the priest shall wave it.

And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the Lord.

And ye shall count unto you from the morning of the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering (1-12); seven sabbaths shall be complete (1-19, 1-26, 2-3, 2-10, 2-17, 2-24, 3-1)

And from the morning of the seventh sabbath shall ye number 15 days (3-15); and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the Lord.

Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals; they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the Lord.

And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be for a burnt offering unto the Lord,

Harvest%20seasons%20in%20modern%20Israel

Edited by granpa

I would add that the 15th year of Tiberius would be 26 AD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius

According to Suetonius, after a two-year stint in Germania, which lasted from 10−12 AD, "Tiberius' returned and celebrated the triumph which he had postponed, accompanied also by his generals, for whom he had obtained the triumphal regalia.

And before turning to enter the Capitol, he dismounted from his chariot and fell at the knees of his father, who was presiding over the ceremonies.”

"Since the consuls caused a law to be passed soon after this that he should govern the provinces jointly with Augustus and hold the census with him, he set out for Illyricum on the conclusion of the lustral ceremonies."

Thus according to Suetonius, these ceremonies and the declaration of his "co-princeps" took place in the year 12 AD, after Tiberius return from Germania.

The 1st year of Tiberius was 12 AD

The 15th year of Tiberius would therefore be 26 AD.

Wasn't the 15th year of Tiberius when Jesus was baptized?

Was it. And so?

I fail to see the point you are making. Perhaps you could write a succinct (single sentence) statement of your thesis. That might make it possible to decipher the rest of your incoherent rambling.

Am I to assume you are questioning traditional dates for the crucifixion of christ?

• 1 month later...