Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --- OPENS FRIDAY!!!

Lance

Are you bringing your towel?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you bringing your towel?

• YES, I'M GOING FRIDAY!!!!
    • Yes, but I'm not going on opening night.
    • No.
    • I'm not going to see it at all, you nerds.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it opens friday here too... although can't really remember...

and as stated:

<Klaynos> urr I wasn't planning on taking my towel, need to try and appear as non-geeky as possible

the books are top of my next to start reading (again, got them for xmas read them immediately been too busy to read again :()

I think it opens friday here too... although can't really remember...

I just read that it opens worldwide friday. If everybody brings their towel the world will be united for but one night!

I can`t beleive so many of you Do Not take your towels out with you or are even Ashamed to! :(

personaly, I wouldn`t be without mine or a pan galactic gargle blaster or 2 :)

still, I supose this is earth afterall, and you can`t be expectected to know all the rules yet, being only the 3`rd most inteligent species here.

it gives me Such a headache thinking about it all :(

*sigh*

post #8

why did i somehow expect you were going to say that, i mean it`s not as if i HAVEN`T HEARD IT ALL A zillion times :(

but i supose it probably made you happy to share it *Sigh*

really rather depressing isn`t it :(

anyway, you`re all probably bored by now, so am i, wreched isn`t it.

Oh feoted grunttle buggy on a lurgid bee.. actualy i can`t be bothered to finish i...

british humor, towels, and amazingly euphoric robots called collin (hes my favorite), time travel, atleast one instance of spontaniously existing penguines, and tea.

hang-on-wait, is this made by hollywood? i dont think a us company can have done it very well...

Gonna see it on Friday, it's my birthday too. :)

Supposedly the film isn't amazingly funny, or at least not as funny as the book, and they've had to cut out large bits. What worries me is that I heard Disney made it, though maybe only in a peripheral part (I can't find the info online at the moment).

Good choice for Marvin's voice actor though. :)

have you ever read terry prattchet? hes the closest in wrighting style to douglas adams (wrighter of HG2G) that i can think of.

without giving to much away, its about space travel.

does anyone know which books its based on? from previouse incarnations of the story, it seems as if its random what bits of which books any given version will follow, and what order it will follow it in (eg, i think the first book is the aall of the first radio series and the last half of the second radio seriese - the first half of the radio series doesnt come till book three or something)

I'm fully prepared to be dogpiled upon when I ask; what is this movie (I know it is based on a book) about? Whats the deal with "towels"? I am a fan of good scifi, so I am naturally interested.
It hovers above the unlearned and unrefined in much the same way a brick doesn't.

Careful or we'll start reciting Vogon poetry at you.

Actually, in terms of continuity, storyline, and overall general pointfulness, the books are quite poor. Parts of the third and fourth books completely contradict the earlier ones, and the fifth not only does the same again but kills off a central character of the fourth book in a footnote, and then devotes a whole second footnote to describing their partner's sadness about this (almost the whole fourth book was about their relationship).

It just happens that all this doesn't matter, because the books are some of the funniest things ever created by man. Unfortunately, a lot of the humour is in the actual language rather than the dialogue or action, so any movie will miss out on a lot of it.