deja vu

Guest Neorampage

Guest Neorampage

I was wondering if anyone here has ever experienced deja vu. I am not talk about life altering visions. I am more interested in simple vision.

The reason I am starting this topic is because I have had many vision over the past ten years. They where never any major events just simple things.

(Example: this morning I was at my mother house and I had not seen her yet but I could describe what she would say when she first saw me and by no mean was this one of our normal conversation.)

I have seen many people say this type of thing happens to them a week or month before hand but mine tend to happen six or more month before the event.

I also was wonder if anybody that these "visions" suffers from a mental ailment I myself have bi-polar. I have been wondering for a while if my bi-polar is the reason I have these deja vu moments.

Tom R.

I experience deja vu three or four times a week, when everything slows down, and perfectly matches a vague but solid memory (normally regarding a conversation while walking someplace, or in the car). I'll have dreams that are absolutely dull, boring, eventless, but a week or so later, I'll realize they closely match a real event.

I used to get deja vu in school, usually while waiting around for next class - something would happen and I already know what the order of events would be just before each occured. I think this is the 'classic' case, where the time difference isn't really quantifiable, the one that is usually given as an example that supports the idea of some kind of perceptual delay or loop.

I don't know if the examples that begin this thread really fall under the heading 'deja vu' - maybe prophetic [but boring] dreams?

I have experienced deja vu before also, it happens often. There are many "extra sensory" things that most humans can do, like when people say "i have a feeling that its going to be a bad day today" etc etc.

The human mind, as i see it, has many more possibilities than we can imagine.

I heard once about a woman who had some of her brain missing, but could still function as a normal person, going about normal day tasks as if nothing was wrong... I will try to find a link so you can all have a look.

Its evidence like that which illustrates the point that there is something more to the human mind than we know. It can do many things, and these "extra-sensory" things, "psychic powers" or whatever you want to call them, probably fit into the category of what the mind can do.

There are countless accounts of how people have been able to perceive things with seemingly no information, other than what is referred to as "gut feelings"

Guest ang

i experience deja vu as well, and have always thought it was really cool...but could never explain it. mine are usually triggered by some sort of signal, which i match up to something i had "seen" before, and then i can tell what is happening. i don't suffer from any known mental ailment, but i have had these visions for as long as i can remember. i also cannot pinpoint when i had these previous visions, whether it be 3, 6 months or longer...i just know i had "seen" whatever event previously.

on a related note, i do also have quite realistic premonition-type dreams...the odd part is that i do not remember my dreams very often, and when i do, some of them come true in real life. for example, last summer i dreamt that my boyfriend and i had gotten into a bad car crash...and the next day it happened, and i was not driving, so it was not in my subconscious to drive badly or anything. but for this reason i do get somewhat weary of the future when i do remember my dreams...the complexities of the human brain will never cease to amaze me. :)

"atinymonkey", you are being a little vague! i dont quite understand what you are referring to?

The mind tends to fill in the gaps to help you understand and process what you perceive. For instance, when you are reading your eye flicks across the page rapidly from one section to the next. In between the flicks the eye processes no information at all, and the mind fills in the blanks to present the eye with a complete picture. Effectively it shows a 'screensaver' image of what it supposes should be there. The flicks are called saccades: -

http://www.4colorvision.com/reading/saccades.htm

They demonstrate how the imagination fills in the blanks. When a person is losing eyesight, the mind tends to imagine things at the edge of the vision that the person is expecting to see. This can be people, or objects, and when the person turns to look the object or person simply is not there. The mind invented it to fill in the gap.

This capacitity of the mind to present perfectly formed images is a demonstration of how complex your perception is, and shows how the mind is capable of taking very little information to make a massive leap to a conclusion. This skill is often labled 'extra-sensory' or a 'psychic' as you described, by people who think they are imagining an unlimited potential to the mind. In reality describing that skill as precognative or psychic is grossly underestimating the complexity of the brain.

You were on the right track with the reasoning, just not the result.

I've had deja vu quite a few times. Often i'll think woah - this has happened before but I wont be able to say what comes next but as time progresses it'll feel exactly like it should do (and how i then "remember" it).

The most amazing times was when I was really young and I went to see a kids play as a family and at one point during the play my identical twin brother and I turned to each other and said "didn't this happen before?" to each other. Both of us had deja vu at the same time! what's that about?

i had deja vu also. i mean i started a thread here but then they deleted the thread. i am serious. it was called "inexplicable" and the next day i cant find it.

well talking of the subject. i just recently moved to new york. well when i was going in the car, i saw this building and some kids playing there. it was like , have i been here before? then sometimes my om tells me abt when she was a kid how it was in the war. black curtains. and all that stuff. even before letting her say something i told her exaclty wat she did .

i mean how can i remember something from when i was not even born. well now ull think that its all coz of telivision and i have seen this allin the T.V. well i havent.

this happens to me regularly, but somehow i cant predict it . i mean its only when it happens that i know this happened. not before

pllzzzz tell me everything u know abt this