Social implications in real life of SFN

Obnoxious

More specifically, in high school. A few people at school discovered my love for science and math, and my consistent attempts at improving my knowledge of our world. In response, they've branded me as a heretic - a traitor to the cause; and anti-revolutionary, destinied to face the social gulliotine. Despite my obvious ignorance compared to a good majority of you guys at SFN, I can't help but feel a hot spit of injustice upon my face everytime my fellow schoolmates edge away from me upon my arrival. Anyone share similar experinces? :embarass:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people think I am a real nerd, and make me a "social outcast" when they see me go onto SFN. I have suffered similarly too, but I hear it gets better in College and University, where everyone can be branded: NERD. :P

Only one girl (a pure and mighty Bible-Thumper) ever made a fuss over my brains, so I brained her.
I'm curious as to what her fuss was about.

Eve: "Azure, no man will ever make you his wife if he thinks you're smarter than he is. It says so in Deuteronomy!"

AzurePhoenix: "Ever met my monkey?"

I'm curious as to what her fuss was about.

Eve: "Azure' date=' no man will ever make you his wife if he thinks you're smarter than he is. It says so in Deuteronomy!"

AzurePhoenix: "Ever met my monkey?"[/quote']

I'm crying with laughter. But no, she was claiming that my obsession with life-sciences and paleontology and astronomy was a direct spit in God's face, by wasting time seeking out heathen sciences when a clean soul should devote their energies to faith in God, and repentence. I tried to take the higher ground and walk past her, but she grabbed my arm, so I turned around, gently took her Bible out of her hands *cough, loser*, gently set it aside on the grass, and socked her. She goes down, I kneel down, one knee in her gut, and very softly I tell her that if she wanted to see the morning, she'd better not even breath in my general vicinity for as long as she might live. Should I now mention she also called me a whore?

A few people at school discovered my love for science and math, and my consistent attempts at improving my knowledge of our world. In response, they've branded me as a heretic - a traitor to the cause; and anti-revolutionary, destinied to face the social gulliotine.
Eventually, though these people are making your life hell now, you will be better off with knowledge of science. The only social skills you will need in the future is to tell your fellow schoolmates no, you don't want fries with your burger.

More specifically, in high school. A few people at school discovered my love for science and math, and my consistent attempts at improving my knowledge of our world. In response, they've branded me as a heretic - a traitor to the cause; and anti-revolutionary, destinied to face the social gulliotine. Despite my obvious ignorance compared to a good majority of you guys at SFN, I can't help but feel a hot spit of injustice upon my face everytime my fellow schoolmates edge away from me upon my arrival. Anyone share similar experinces? :embarass:

of course. everyone gets rejected in highschool. thats what its for. you didnt actually think you were there to learn academic stuff did you? your there to learn how to put up with all the crap your going to deal with regarding the idiots in the workplace.

aim for the other nerds. they arent all nothing but gamers whos closest relationships are with their computers. there are some that just oooooze personality, as can be seen by a quick glance at some of the posts that can be found in this forum. (and this thread for that matter...)

if someones being obnoxious go find someone else. youll find some people you get along with.

I'm crying with laughter. But no, she was claiming that my obsession with life-sciences and paleontology and astronomy was a direct spit in God's face, by wasting time seeking out heathen sciences when a clean soul should devote their energies to faith in God, and repentence. I tried to take the higher ground and walk past her, but she grabbed my arm, so I turned around, gently took her Bible out of her hands *cough, loser[/i']*, gently set it aside on the grass, and socked her. She goes down, I kneel down, one knee in her gut, and very softly I tell her that if she wanted to see the morning, she'd better not even breath in my general vicinity for as long as she might live. Should I now mention she also called me a whore?

Wow. :eek:

If you've read any of my other posts, you'd realize the normal rules don't apply to me. For instance, my icon and hero is a two-foot tall, bat-eared lizard with ESP, a speech impediment, and a laser-stick! Anyway, I haven't hurt anyone since (except on the soccer field, and that one guy who came on a little strong).

The point is, somone tried to prosecute me for my nerd-related beliefs, and I nipped the problem in the bud.

obnoxious, while i have a good deal of respect for APs attitude and style, i wouldnt recommend punching each person at school who shuns you. if someones in your face, as in her example, by all means stand up for yourself. but violence isnt really the way to go because of funny looks.

Agreed. I hope I didn't give the impression that he should seek out each of these punks and bludgeon them in their sleep. :eek:

if someone's being obnoxious go find someone else. youll find some people you get along with.
unless he himself is as obnoxious as his name implies. :)

A few people at school discovered my love for science and math, and my consistent attempts at improving my knowledge of our world. In response, they've branded me as a heretic - a traitor to the cause; and anti-revolutionary, destinied to face the social gulliotine.

Admit it.

You get a charge out of being this pariah. Social outcast. You find a sense of satisfaction that you're above those cretins. Look at them. Miserable maggots that they are. Look at them scoffing at knowledge. Watch them as they squirm and fall into miserable little ignorant lives filled with bling bling and fo shizzle or whatever the catch phrase of the week. Listen to their enlightened conversations on American Idol or The Simple Life or whatever the latest craze might be.

Isn't that right?

You like it.

Otherwise you'd conform to their standard.

Nobody in Realworldia cares what kids think, so neither should you.

Soon enough you'll all be going your separate ways to different colleges, universities, and then jobs. The difference is that you'll be much better equipped to handle Realworldia on Realworldian terms.

Underaged social lives barely count anyway. It's not like you're missing anything.

Fair point sayo, but they count when you're there.

At the end of they day what I do is my choice and what they think is their choice, you gotta be kidding me if I'm actually gonna care what they think, esp. if they are trying to insult me!

Mind, I don't really go on SFN that much at school, not many people ever knew I did go on it. 5605, 5485, 5441 are all friends, and when was the last time you saw any of them around? They all lost interest and at the same time I saw something I liked.

If they wanna insult me they may as well talk to a brick wall, there's nothing in it for me to listen to them so I don't! Mind, it doesn't really happen much because, as I said, I don't go on SFN in school that much.

I find it hard to beleive that going onto a Science website would/could produce so much greif?

there surely has to be Other aspects in your demeanor that incite these insults etc...?

just a thought.