Was wind given the name by a philospher or a scientist?

tracey

wind isn't a spiritual phenomenon. I was asking if the reason wind exists is because there is a disruption in the earths magnetic force. Scientists have all agreed that at every longitude and latitude there is some form of magnetism counting out all specific human involvements. So if at this coordinate and the next no matter how close or small the abruption is; is this do to a push or pull in the earths magnetic field which is define as wind? i was wondering if this was do to clusters of electrons bending or disrupting the magnetism?

What else might it be?

wind isn't a spiritual phenomenon. I was asking if the reason wind exists is because there is a disruption in the earths magnetic force. Scientists have all agreed that at every longitude and latitude there is some form of magnetism counting out all specific human involvements. So if at this coordinate and the next no matter how close or small the abruption is; is this do to a push or pull in the earths magnetic field which is define as wind? i was wondering if this was do to clusters of electrons bending or disrupting the magnetism?

What else might it be?

The reason for wind is pressure differentials in the atmosphere which arise due to heating and cooling. The whole atmosphere - land - Sun syetem is complex, but heating and cooling is the basic reason for wind.

so you dont have the exact answer your just deaming an understandable relationship between the words heating and cooling to explain this.....and you described photosynthesis not my answer.

so you dont have the exact answer your just deaming an understandable relationship between the words heating and cooling to explain this...

Well, if you want an over view of atmospheric physics then I cannot really help you much. Nor is this media great for very detailed answers of very general questions.

But I have given you something to start with... now see what you can find for yourself.

...and you described photosynthesis not my answer.

No he didn't describe photosynthesis.

And, while he missed out the fact that the Earth's rotation is a major factor, he did answer your question.

Troll

Probably, but this one is quite funny- perhaps we should keep it as a pet for a while. We can always flush it if we get bored of playing.

This is all off topic... please say something about wind and atmospheric physics next. We maybe able to help, maybe not, but please ask.

Edited by ajb

Is wind actually the feeling of clusters of electrons passing through the magnetic field?

No. It is the movement of air produced by pressure differences (ultimately resulting from temperature differences).

Was wind given the name by a philospher or a scientist?

No. It evolved naturally, like most words.

Scientists have all agreed that at every longitude and latitude there is some form of magnetism counting out all specific human involvements.

Citation needed.

Edited by Strange