Yet again our thoughts are with the French People

imatfaal

Once more we see those celebrating brutally attacked with the promotion of terror and creation of hatred as the primary motivation of terrorist murderers. I cannot begin to imagine the shock and horror of those directly involved nor even those just in the same city; but my heart goes out to them. France - the birthplace of so much that is good and progressive is being recast as a place of callous division, and extreme hatred, but this is not true, will never be true, and the French spirit will not be subverted by violence. I hope that the citizens can remain strong - as they did after the last two, so recent, outrages; and that they continue to refuse to give in to the hate, that the bonds between and within communities grow stronger are not fractured as the murderers wish them to be, and that France remains France

The sad thing about this and the other preceding incidents (apart from the loss of life, all the injuries and the grief and sadness of family and friends) lies not only in the fear that it instils but also in the hatred and bigotry that it fuels...not only in France but all over Europe, the UK and perhaps even so far as in the USA. Fear & hate tend to enhance ultra-nationalism, counter-extremism and xenophobia. These bring out the worst in people.

Edited by Memammal

I think terrorists are not intelligent.

something or someone that give harms to people cannot be logical.

I already feel me intelligent ,but itsb main reason only because I believe and hope to create some scientific developments to be efficacious to humanity (all people).

not anything else.

this is definite contradiction with the goal mines ..

Edited by blue89

What France needs to do is reintegrate their Muslim populations better, like in the USA. That is why France is terrorist target number one. Create soccer leagues for unemployed youths from the Muslim ghettos.

"I think terrorists are not intelligent...something or someone that give harms to people cannot be logical...."

It is logical in asymmetric warfare. The attack on USA on 9-11-01 was logical. There is a war going on. The terrorists, in their minds, are striking back, to the great satisfaction of their extremist sympathizers.

Edited by Airbrush

Why all this talk about Muslims? The driver of that truck just happened coincidentally to be Muslim. Your focus should be on the truck. Muslims don't kill people trucks do.

Most of your posts are merely annoying - it is sad to see you plumb new depths and cross over to the offensive.

Why all this talk about Muslims? The driver of that truck just happened coincidentally to be Muslim. Your focus should be on the truck. Muslims don't kill people trucks do.

Is there any tragedy that you won't exploit with your snide political comments?

Edited by zapatos

The ISIS message is a very powerful force to oppose. All you need to do to get into heaven, no matter what you did in the past, is to kill infidels and be killed in the process. This appeals to every petty criminal in the world that believes in Islam. This disaffected man from Tunisia had nothing to celebrate that day, his life was probably not ideal, like many other North Africans living in France. He was angry, so why not go to heaven?

Islam is the religion of piece. Islam can't possibly be the cause.

Ah, but if the world were that simple.

I agree that Islam, as all ideologies, should not be free to act with impunity: if people are killing in the name of a cause it should be scrutinised. But let's not fall into the trap of thinking it is as simple as that. With twice as much violence in the Bible than in the Koran, we need to find why adherents of one faith are apparently increasingly heeding calls to violence while others are not. I think we'll find it's the result of many interacting factors that cannot be reduced to religious membership.

"...

we need to find why adherents of one faith are apparently increasingly heeding calls to violence while others are not. I think we'll find it's the result of many interacting factors that cannot be reduced to religious membership.

Yes. But those "heeding calls to violence" are not necessarily "adherents of the faith". They are not devout Muslims. They are mostly petty criminals who are nominally Muslim by birth who have discovered the allure of the ISIS message that they can go to heaven in spite of what they have done throughout their lives. Just kill infidels and infidels are EVERYONE except those following ISIS, which is an absurd proposition, but delusion is very common among people.

Edited by Airbrush

I think we'll find it's the result of many interacting factors that cannot be reduced to religious membership.

Many interacting factors? Claims of complexity are always the last stand of the stubbornly wrong.

Just look at the facts. The driver, Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, is a member of the religion of piece, so it couldn't have been him. I'm sure he was repeating "allahu akbar" seeking allah's assistance in gaining control of that truck the whole time. Too bad allah was busy at the moment. It wasn't the fault of the French citizens of Nice. They were just enjoying Bastille Day waiting for a fireworks show with their now smashed an squished children. It's simple. It had to be the truck. We will just have to wait until the French equivalent of the NTSB figures it out. The truck manufacturer needs to be held accountable.

It is just a curious coincidence that guys named Mohamed are frequently involved in these types of tragedies.

Edited by waitforufo

Just look at the facts. The driver, Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, is a member of the religion of piece, so it couldn't have been him.

No such "facts" are yet available. You don't know anything about what kind of membership he had in any religion. We are making assumptions. He was probably Muslim by birth but may not have been very devout. He was a petty criminal and he discovered the powerful ISIS message "kill infidels and go straight to heaven" (and enjoy 72 raisins). Your sarcasm is annoying.

He is making the point ( not too subtly I might add ) that what is needed is people control not gun or truck or plane ( etc. ) control.

This may not be the best thread to make it in as its pretty sensitive and raw right now.

But he does have a point, and being a hypocrite ( and ignoring the actual problem ) won't fix anything.

People's stupidity, lack of training, bloodlust, greed, vengeance and violent ideologies ( among many more ) is what is in need of control. That is what causes untold misery, harm and death.

A crazy, violent, vengeful, suicidal ( tec. ) person will use any means at his disposal to do harm to himself and others.

I certainly didn't think a truck, in the hands of a madman, could do so much damage/harm

Is it annoying to be shown you are wrong ?

Yes. But those "heeding calls to violence" are not necessarily "adherents of the faith". They are not devout Muslims. They are mostly petty criminals who are nominally Muslim by birth who have discovered the allure of the ISIS message that they can go to heaven in spite of what they have done throughout their lives. Just kill infidels and infidels are EVERYONE except those following ISIS, which is an absurd proposition, but delusion is very common among people.

They may or may not be devout Muslims: we don't want to fall into the No True Scotsman fallacy. Ideology is one factor among many that we need to consider.

He is making the point ( not too subtly I might add ) that what is needed is people control not gun or truck or plane ( etc. ) control.

This may not be the best thread to make it in as its pretty sensitive and raw right now.

But he does have a point, and being a hypocrite ( and ignoring the actual problem ) won't fix anything.

People's stupidity, lack of training, bloodlust, greed, vengeance and violent ideologies ( among many more ) is what is in need of control. That is what causes untold misery, harm and death.

A crazy, violent, vengeful, suicidal ( tec. ) person will use any means at his disposal to do harm to himself and others.

I certainly didn't think a truck, in the hands of a madman, could do so much damage/harm

Is it annoying to be shown you are wrong ?

Who are you addressing?

Sadly, there is technology that prevents vehicles from hitting people, I'm afraid this is how we will cope with such horrors, always playing catch up with technology after the fact.

Glad to see you are with me. It was the truck.

Sadly, there is technology that prevents vehicles from hitting people, I'm afraid this is how we will cope with such horrors, always playing catch up with technology after the fact.

The media is with me too. Definitely the truck.

http://www.infowars.com/media-blames-truck-not-terrorists-or-islam-for-nice-attack/

Glad to see you are with me. It was the truck.

Moving beyond your Beavis & Butthead style argument for a moment, you should note that trucks are heavily regulated.

Their emissions, their engines, their tires, their internal parts, their seat belts, their airbags, their brakes, their impact and crumple zones are all heavily regulated, and also the people who drive them require insurance, must pass tests both written and practical before being allowed to do so, must renew those licenses on a regular basis, and often take training on repeating basis, etc. They are also often randomly pulled over for inspection, forced into weigh stations, restricted in where they can be, and more.

Are we to understand from your argument that you believe guns should be regulated like trucks are, or just that you're trolling and mistakenly suggesting that the acts of an extreme few are somehow representative of an entire religion of over a billion people?

Edited by iNow

Moving beyond your Beavis & Butthead style argument for a moment, you should note that trucks are heavily regulated.

Their emissions, their engines, their tires, their internal parts, their seat belts, their airbags, their brakes, their impact and crumple zones are all heavily regulated, and also the people who drive them require insurance, must pass tests both written and practical before being allowed to do so, must renew those licenses on a regular basis, and often take training on repeating basis, etc. They are also often randomly pulled over for inspection, forced into weigh stations, restricted in where they can be, and more.

Even with all those regulations and laws, that truck still killed all those people. Men, women, children and even babes. Trucks are a menace.

Are we to understand from your argument that you believe guns should be regulated like trucks....

Who said anything about guns? Why bring that into this conversation. Trucks kill people. Get with the program.

....or just that you're trolling and mistakenly suggesting that the acts of an extreme few are somehow representative of an entire religion of over a billion people?

I said Islam is the religion of piece.

Islam is the religion of piece. Islam can't possibly be the cause.

The driver, Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, is a member of the religion of piece, so it couldn't have been him.

Edited by waitforufo

WaitforUFO, is clearly a proponent of strong firearm regulations and is a firm believer in separateing those commiing terrorist actions from the religions they claim to support.

Anyhow been busy, so I need to go get caught up on the news. Peace.