Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson - the new and improved foreign secretary

ajb

What a great come back for a man who did not go for the top position - well done sir...

But he does not have a good record with dealing with 'those bloody foreigners'.

This is not a joke -- I repeat -- this is not a joke

Edited by ajb

What a great come back for a man who did not go for the top position - well done sir...

But he does not have a good record with dealing with 'those bloody foreigners'.

This is not a joke -- I repeat -- this is not a joke

this is a joke -- I repeat -- this is a joke.

I really hope various world leaders just tell him to flip off

this is a joke -- I repeat -- this is a joke.

I really hope various world leaders just tell him to flip off

...or "Go forth and multiply" or "Take a long walk off a short pier"

Edited by StringJunky

Not that I personally dislike Boris, but he now does seem to change his mind to suit his own agenda. I am not sure he is anything like the best man for this job. Lets see what happens.

Not that I personally dislike Boris, but he now does seem to change his mind to suit his own agenda. I am not sure he is anything like the best man for this job. Lets see what happens.

I think he's more personality than character.

he now does seem to change his mind to suit his own agenda.

What if he starts changing his agenda to suit his mind? Oh I am getting confused again, that would be Trump...

No seriously, I think Ma'am May made a terrible boo-boo

Edited by Memammal

The upside of some of these controversial appointments and something that first eluded me is the way that Mrs. May is in fact holding the very persons who were driving Brexit personally "accountable" by empowering them to now put their money where their big mouths were...and Boris is a case in point.

Edited by Memammal

The upside of some of these controversial appointments and something that first eluded me is the way that Mrs. May is in fact holding the very persons who were driving Brexit personally "accountable" by empowering them to now put their money where their big mouths were...and Boris is a case in point.

Or, to put it another way, even though they showed they were idiots, rather than being sacked- they still get paid.

I don't see that as a good thing.

^ True, but the "you created the mess, you fix it" - attitude is, in a way, admirable.

I'm applying this to the US GOP-controlled Congress in my mind, and I see them all wielding shovels, not brooms. This may seem admirable, but isn't it also possible it could make things far, far worse?

^ True, but the "you created the mess, you fix it" - attitude is, in a way, admirable.

It is noteworthy that he has been given the job of Foreign secretary. But others have been given the jobs of sorting out the brexit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Davis_(British_politician)

and building the new trade deals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Fox

Presumably that's because they don't want Boristo f*** it up twice.

I'm applying this to the US GOP-controlled Congress in my mind, and I see them all wielding shovels, not brooms. This may seem admirable, but isn't it also possible it could make things far, far worse?

Fair comment. I was wondering whether the incidents at the GOP Convention could be a backlash by a portion of the Republicans realising they may be heading in a similar direction (towards turmoil) than Britain and to try everything possible to get out of a sinking ship..?

It is noteworthy that he has been given the job of Foreign secretary.

He also caused serious damage to England's foreign relationships, especially his negative criticism of Pres Obama's backing of the pro-EU stance.