how to browse citation index ( checking article's originality) ?

blue89

hello dear scientists;

as I mentioned before times ,I have some interdisciplinary studies and some of them are article and as I understood; because of it might take longer time (taking patent) for scientific pojects ,I think it might be better to prepare the article ones.

I am sure ,some of my article schemes should be unique and newest , but again some of them might be the articles that had been created and published in the past by other scientists. (how may we be confident that it had not been published in the past) ?

this was the first question, secondly I would ask something about citing ;

-->> do we have to cite from the articles which are published at that journal (the journal which we would like to publish at it)?

(evaluate please this question for all journals (I see some of them are more intellectual & respective))

-->> how can we search convenient articles for citing; more easily than searching one by one each journals.?

thanks

Edited by blue89

One of the major points of any academic research is an understanding of the work that has gone before - you don't look for articles to cite but rather you cite those articles which have helped develop your idea. Normally the first thing masters / doctoral candidate will do is an exhaustive document search and current research review - this means you know the stuff you would need to cite (in fact you know current work backwards, forwards, and any other way) and your question would not arise. You would also know whether your idea has been raised, disputed, and disproved many years before

One of the major points of any academic research is an understanding of the work that has gone before - you don't look for articles to cite (!) but rather you cite those articles which have helped develop your idea. Normally the first thing masters / doctoral candidate will do is an exhaustive document search and current research review - this means you know the stuff you would need to cite (in fact you know current work backwards, forwards, and any other way) and your question would not arise. You would also know whether your idea has been raised, disputed, and disproved many years before

thanks for your nice reply.

yes ,of course I know which kind material (article) I need it , but the exact question was about asking the information in which journal we would find it. and normally I thought we need to look for searching them. I would attract notice that because I would continue studying only as interdisciplinary it is being able changable from which kind of journal to cite/give references. for instance I would create some new theories, but these are related with both mathematics and sociology. in this case ,I think I will be able to cite/gicve references from journals both SCI and SSCI indexed ones.

eally I saw that you are deeply correct , yes; reading articles own may develop our ideas, this is very nice. but just in this time I am unsure whether we have to cite or not whenever we would submit article to any journal from your passage above.

really ,I do not imply you said this , I anly thought it. but it seems impossible. because I am sure the referees would want proofs why we alleged something in our articles.this is logical.

at last sentence: I would request you or others to renew the page when you/they are contacting with me at forum. I am making some faults frequently relevant grammar or forgetting something required :( (I mean it is being reformed by me time to time around that that time.)

Edited by blue89

-->> do we have to cite from the articles which are published at that journal (the journal which we would like to publish at it)?

(evaluate please this question for all journals (I see some of them are more intellectual & respective))

You just need to cite papers/articles that are relevant; it doesn't matter where they were published (as long as they are published in reputable journals).

-->> how can we search convenient articles for citing; more easily than searching one by one each journals.?

Google Scholar is a good way of searching published papers: https://scholar.google.co.uk

1)You just need to cite papers/articles that are relevant; it doesn't matter where they were published (as long as they are published in reputable journals).

2)Google Scholar is a good way of searching published papers: https://scholar.google.co.uk

thanks dear strange ;

really the first one seems logical. but in contrast ; the second one does not seem useful.probably there should be something more (useful) to check our literatures originality. to clarify it : I can give this example:

"ok , our litearature expected to be a new and current and also expected to be great at science society. ok this is not problem now. but I request you to think that there is enough probaility that there may exist other scientists who think like us.I am sure that I think different (like everyone).but again this should be the true : "this probability will exist evertime"

the clear thing is what I would not be relevant with Law and one word "plagiarism" . otherwise everyone will already feel no problem with their litearature for publishing. because this already their ownselves as it expressed..

Edited by blue89

the clear thing is what I would not be relevant with Law and one word "plagiarism" .

Plagiarism is really to do with the copying of actual text. In science and mathematics we are free to use the ideas of others - but we should try our best to cite the original sources.

However, we all miss things and our work can get missed. This is life. I sometimes find a quick 'google' with throw up papers of interest that I would otherwise have missed. I tend to do do a literature search before, during and after writing some work.

Edited by ajb

1)Plagiarism is really to do with the copying of actual text. In science and mathematics we are free to use the ideas of others - but we should try our best to cite the original sources.

However,

2)we all miss things and our work can get missed. This is life. I sometimes find a quick 'google' with throw up papers of interest that I would otherwise have missed. I tend to do do a literature search before, during and after writing some work.

1) I am sure ,I am already against plagiarism. if there exist some conflicts of/in undertanding , I offer reading the previous comment above.also read the step below to understand the thing that I were wondering was whether it would mean as a risk

a) you had created a literature b) you had not no enough experience ,thus you had told to someone c) you do not know the exact information whether it has been plagiarised yet but look the last step d) around those times you prepared that literature and submitted to a journal then

!!: if that journal detects that it had been published before (although you are the owner of original one!..) what would be happened ?

2) for this one I think that I need to publish at least 1-2 papers/articles to any journal to feel relax/relief :( :(

sometimes I also think this journal required to be an intellectual one, because as you see I would be an academcian at highly qualified universities. when I check their links written "prospective students" I just think that they are looking for someone like me: I would give/offer them some clear evidences why I thought me such good.

Edited by blue89

!!: if that journal detects that it had been published before (although you are the owner of original one!..) what would be happened ?

Journals won't publish work that has already been published. However, it may be possible to publish results more than once - and we do see this. It is not uncommon to publish something in a not so great journal and then publish the same results in a better journal, usually a longer paper with more details etc. In reverse, you can also write reveiew articles based on ones earlier works - this I have done as part of conference proceedings.

You don't need any association or advanced qualifications to get a paper published - the paper has to be worth publishing that is all.

a new question :

if we send our paper's (only) abstract to editor for checking convenience to a journal,

a))may we send the same abstract to another journal at the same time

b) after we send abstract, in assumption of reporting inconvenient for that journal ;

do we have to use same shape of abstract we had sent or

may we change it?

c) if we would like to submit wholely our paper , may we send it more than one journal at the same time , if the answer is yes ,then

must we express it in cover letter ?

Edited by blue89

a))may we send the same abstract to another journal at the same time

I don't see what not. I mean you are only trying to find out if the paper is in the right field for the jorunal. But this should be clear from the aims of the journal.

c) if we would like to submit wholely our paper , may we send it more than one journal at the same time , if the answer is yes ,then

must we express it in cover letter ?

Never submit a paper to more than one journal at the same time.

For one, they don't like it. Secondly it is quite possible that the journals will use the same referees!

1)**I don't see what not. I mean you are only trying to find out if the paper is in the right field for the jorunal. But this should be clear from the aims of the journal.

2)**Never submit a paper to more than one journal at the same time.

For one, they don't like it. Secondly it is quite possible that the journals will use the same referees! :)

thanks very much.

1)** really there various journals are available I think ,I also agree that this is normal. bevcause it contain at least 3 or 4 disciplines at the same time.

for instance ,I may send it a medical journal ,why not ,because the observations/experiments would be implemented at medicine.

it may be sent to any applied mathematics journal ,because already I created/constructed it based on mathematics' theories

it may be sent to a journal which concentrated on physical subjects ,because we will use physics disciplines

it also may be sent any engineering journal, because with extreme probability ,the literatıre would require a new device. (remember ,(do you know) I have opened that thread (about patend just for this paper!..) .

all these seem nice I thing ,here are only two question and actually these are making me feel negatively in spite of my highly strong and happy/positive personality.

1) --->> (after I had sent my abstract to a journal , they reported/recommeded me that contact other journals whiches have protocoles (to protect proposal projects) but I still have no information and do not know which journal will have such protocols

which type of journals may publish such papers (projects) , or how may I separate if they those ones which have such protocoles?

2) --->> this seems a bit confusion ; be sure all disciplines will be required , but I think I should responsible only for only mathematical subjects. I think anyone cannot already be enough at all above disciplines near my age ,but if I continue study ...why not for future() . because I know I am hardworking and I believe I am intelligent.

now the impediment is economy. but I think it may be solved if I success publishing my such papers (do you agree?)

at last , we have met on facebook , but dear ajb , really I do not know whether in turkey someone may injure/hurt me because of my sharings , (did you check some of them??) (you are already enough at subjects which you are interested in ,for instance your PhD degree programme ,MSc .etc) in this case could you state your opinion please?

-->> to clarify the question I may state it as: can anyone give me harm (via using law terms ) because of my academic posts at facebook?

(I thought they may think that because I have no published papers yet (related my posts) ,they may say/imply I am doing something wrong(illegal).

but as you see at my profile ,I am using no politic subjects and I also do not use any part (e.g. abstract.introduction. discussion..ets) of papr on facebook ,and already this would not be logical.

I need your idea dear ajb. this seems important for me a bit urgently :( ,because I also thought to shut /close my facebook account until publish them :(

I wish I make at least 1 one publish in short time. so that I would feel relax. these days I am studying too hard :)

in conclusion I would add this qustion , harvard gsas gave me a link ,and requested to contact related department directly ,but what did it mean?

contact by telephone or e mail? which one? I sent two e-mail ,but I can contact by telephone.

2)** I am not concentrated on pure mathematics my all studies are interdisciplinary now. however the citation/references is not completed yet ,too.(for article ones) probably it would be better after publishing any useful/great paper before applying to harvard officially.

I do not know your idea but I think that citation and references are the most exhaustive part for preparation papers..

Edited by blue89

I don't think you are doing anything wrong on facebook. Just make sure that whatever you say or link to you are happy for the world to see it.

ok ,thank you very much.this made me relax :) :-) :) have you any idea for other questions?

renew you page please when you contact with me..this is request.

Edited by blue89

I have edited it again, could you look one more time the main text there were two additional questions ,too. (written in bold)

okay ,I did do that the last one like your comment.

Edited by blue89

dear friendly academician ajb :) :-) :)

dont you see ,all the interdisciplines.

but thanks, exactly you succeeded making me happy , now I may use my facebook account reliefly ...

the questions reason was giving an offer to harvard gsas and a few other universities to visit my facebook profile.

I said them this would make us reach some further infıormative instruction if they were willing to choose me as a research student at their universities. furthermore ,I said they would have some additional information about my social profile.

thanks very much ajb ,I intimately have been delighted to meet you on facebook. check please just now my signature and I would add one expression too : "the knowledge is highly important for blue89"

this means ,I have been happy exxtra meeting you. (maybe we help us at some scientific subjects then..)

bt before ,I would publish at least one paper.I should do this ,otherwise it would be dificult to be relax :(

Edited by blue89

How you write the paper may depend a lot on the journal you send it to. Keep that in mind.

yes that must be true ,you are right!..

but ,are you sure to say it for all journals?

for instance , nature is one of intellectual ones. there will be other journals too. but of course we know nature is not only one journal. it contain probably over 100 journal in it.

Edited by blue89

Nature is hard to get publsihed in. Also, they may not publish the sort of things you have in mind - I don't really know.

I was thinking that a more medical focused journal may not want to see lots of maths, as where a mathematics journal would. You need to think about who you want to read your work.

Edited by ajb

Nature is hard to get publsihed in. Also, they may not publish the sort of things you have in mind - I don't really know.

I was thinking that a more medical focused journal may not want to see lots of maths, as where a mathematics journal would. You need to think about who you want to read your work.

:) :-) :)

are you sure??

you are able to see on my facebook only very litle piece of my project now.

but I would remind you that ...at first it was over than 22 page (only rudiment shape-->> which sent harvard gsas)

and as a second point : do you know that I had been contacting with nature over than 7 times :) :-) really I have not contacted with editors yet. but I have taken assisstance howw to find suitable journal ,how to publish (payment,funding ..etc).

really I am not willing to explain anything now ...but tehere exist too much interesting things available.

1) I give high probability that harvard aceppt me, this is already not goal!.. (are you series ,think please this should be normal for someone who express that they are intelligent.(I say this))

2) the interstşing thing (the real goal!) is to find the mathematical interferences effects.(if my allegement would be explored as truth ,I am almost sure: mathematics ---->> will be the most respective sceince parts in comparison all other parts of scinece (including medicine!!)

but unfortunately , as an original author/inventor of that project,I am unable to say anything before experiment/opbservation!!..

all the things at projects are now only consistences of allegements , to express them as any theorem ,the main allegement should be found true/positive after observation(s)/experiments.

:(

however I am fearing sometimes ,in assumption harvard accepted me ,if the main alegement will be found negative (false) ,will I have done something wrong??

Edited by blue89

are you sure??

Yes.

1) I give high probability that harvard aceppt me, this is already not goal!.. (are you series ,think please this should be normal for someone who express that they are intelligent.(I say this))

I imagine the sucsess rate is low - but I don't know. Maybe if you already have funding or pay for yourself the chances are much better. Anyway, wait and see.

Yes.

I imagine the sucsess rate is low - but I don't know. Maybe if you already have funding or pay for yourself the chances are much better. Anyway, wait and see.

be relief I am intellectual ,and because of this you can be relief to express everything you would. already I think you are not impolite. (even,I also think you are sympathic)

but to be intellectual and intelligent I need the reasons , and in addition , money (funds,payment) may not be the reason, I mean our economic status may not show our genuine or our understanding capacity ,or also knowledge..

but be relief, please do not hesitate to express if you have any logical reason to express I am not successfull enough.

if you say something like publishing papers -->> they this will be right!.. I will accept this.

but I cannot accept the economic sttaus as a success' ratio

Yes.

you must not be sure ,I think (if you saw the literature...) ,nature showed me an open access journal.

then ..if you were right ,why harvard would me to contact with related department directly.

may I not be right??

harvard is already one of the most qualified university..even also the most qualified.

Edited by blue89