Rape Repellent

Flareon

Callypgous:

Are you doing this on purpose?

Can you not read?

Read 3 posts' date=' oh seeker of enlightenment.

Then read the rest.

There is nothing here keeping you from doing it [i']but emotions[/i].

ive read all your posts already. apparently you think being interested in animal violence and gory movies is the same thing as wishing misfortune on another person. yes, love watching movies where people get shot. do i want someone to actually get shot? no. would make a joke about someone who got shot and mugged getting shot and mugged again because i THINK their ignorant or stupid? no.

why arent you banned yet? :confused:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear...our illuminate society-one of virtual perfect Internet communism-is shattering...

>_>

<_<

Down with the anti-revolutionary!! :eek:

Anywho, confidence does go a long way towards preventing, not only rape, but a host of other humiliating (yet oddly erotic) situations.

Obnoxious:

Anywho, confidence does go a long way towards preventing, not only rape, but a host of other humiliating (yet oddly erotic) situations.

Dude- a million Dr. Flaming Phil sermons will not stop a hormonal, insecure brute from his power fetish.

He wants it.

If you want to stop a human from doing anything, make him not want it.

I think this is the first time I've been the sanest girl involved in a thread. Where's Coral? I need someone to balance me out....

Blasbah!

If sanest = bloody predictable in thy dictionary....

Callypygous:

ive read all your posts already. apparently you think being interested in animal violence and gory movies is the same thing as wishing misfortune on another person.

Suffer....

No, Einstein.

The point is that all you sacharine fluff bunnies, you know- the nice and polite- claim the being offended at my rudeness.

Yet you are only giving stature to your ruddy animalism by the claiming being offended.

Look at how you swarmed to denoucnce me.

Look at how the church ladies gape at traffic accidents- transfixed but ..but..no, theyr'e offended.

Look at how the civil swarmed to the gullotine and scaffolds some yesterwhen.

Oh, but you're only protecting little Klanga-what's-her-name.

Right?

Encore:

I RULE.

Callypygous:

Suffer....

No' date=' Einstein.

The point is that all you sacharine fluff bunnies, you know- the nice and polite- claim the being offended at my rudeness.

Yet you are only giving stature to your ruddy [i']animalism[/i] by the claiming being offended.

Look at how you swarmed to denoucnce me.

Look at how the church ladies gape at traffic accidents- transfixed but ..but..no, theyr'e offended.

no you moron... whos offended at a traffic accident? maybe disturbed, not offended. you get offended when some little weasely excuse for a human being comes in and says he hopes someone gets raped again.

Look at how the civil swarmed to the gullotine and scaffolds some yesterwhen.

wierd how a few hundred years of oppression finally being overthrown combined with mob mentality will do that... :rolleyes:

whats your point?

Oh, but you're only protecting little Klanga-what's-her-name.

Right?

protecting her from what? you being an idiot doesnt hurt her. you came in and made a statement, we all told you what we thought of it. when does that turn into protecting her?

Encore:

I RULE.

only in your own pathetic little mind.

your so arrogant. you come here and start preaching about violence and human hipocracy and all this other BS you have come up with about the clean, pretty, elite class and how it someone how applies to each and every one of us because you say so and you read a book recently that talked a little about society and human morals. even you arent heartless, whether or not you would like to believe that you alone are in tune with the fact that were all animals inside.

It hurts me to see the perfect SFN society of educated individuals having a polite conversation be shattered by the rotten apple-ness of one devious internet troll.

But seriously, confidence tends to impede people from mentally dominating you as well as physically mastering you.

God, you're all a bunch of WOMEN.

Are you not "scientists"? Or at least exited by science, as you claim? Wassamatta? Don’t like me ‘cause I’m icky? Push your Pier 1 imported chairs to the screen and read:

Science requires scrutiny.

Scrutiny requires analysis.

Analysis requires data.

Which in the end should be the OBJECTIVE.

ALL impossible if one cannot slow down, put the emotions on hold, and do something as simple as READ.

I said:

"'twas a trap.

Lighten up. "

That comment, my intellectual little friends, was a trap just to prove what would happen.

And.it.bloody.did.

Thread is right damn near bottom until something stirs up and presto you sit back to watch all these plasticine heroes not only come to the rescue but sit there and watch.

Such is the noble biped posturing with its Reason. Know what knights were?

Moral rogues.

They'd protect a maid's virute tooth and nail but crucify a harlot.

Like all you modern nobles who claim an open mind and relativity until one hits up on a soft spot.

Or rub them the “wrong way “, you know like picking on a weakling or calling Jesus something as stupid as feeding third world countries.

Difference between you and I is I don't claim it.

Here's the smartest god in this manicured Olympus:

Callypigous:

no you moron... whos offended at a traffic accident? maybe disturbed, not offended. you get offended when some little weasely excuse for a human being comes in and says he hopes someone gets raped again.

Quit smearing concepts, you imbecile.

You are OFFENDED that I picked on what's-her- name.

So much so you can't climb off your little moral highground to READ it was a trap.....set just for those like you.

Tatum.

And to cow to your stupidity, I’ll even help you through it:

"no you moron... whos offended at a traffic accident? maybe disturbed, not offended"- ca

You are all like church ladies gaping at an accident.

You are all transfixed.

But claim to be offended..

I used a thing us literateurs coined Metaphor, my brilliant one.

protecting her from what? you being an idiot doesnt hurt her. you came in and made a statement, we all told you what we thought of it. when does that turn into protecting her?

Then why not just..................shut up?

whats your point?

My left nipple when its chilly.

your so arrogant

If that means I love me at your expence, I'm your Arrogancia.

even you arent heartless, whether or not you would like to believe that you alone are in tune with the fact that were all animals inside.

No, Simplicio.

Real.

Not heartless, that's your word.

Speaking of reading books and posturing-

"One knows the kind of human being who has fallen in love with the motto, “To understand is to forgive all.”

It is the weak, it is above all the disappointed: if there is something to be forgiven in all, perhaps there is also something to be despised in all. It is the philosophy of disappointment that wraps itself so humanely in pity and looks sweet"- the Freddy

Perhaps this is why females are so nice. Society has disappointed them.

Obnoxious,

It hurts me to see the perfect SFN society of educated individuals having a polite conversation be shattered by the rotten apple-ness of one devious internet troll.

Are you all really so caught up in your own self-righteousness that you will continue to refuse to see her point?

Look at you all. There have been almost as many posts in this thread in the few hours since her initial post as in the three days prior. What does this say about you?

"Nothing!" says the band of merry men so eager to decry the foul troll and proclaim their own righteousness. "It says nothing about us. The only thing said in here is about YOU, foul Sycorax."

Callipygous,

you come here and start preaching about violence and human hipocracy and all this other BS you have come up with about the clean, pretty, elite class and how it someone how applies to each and every one of us because you say so and you read a book recently that talked a little about society and human morals.

And are you a mind reader? Look at the wealth of details you've gathered up here to use against this troll. Has she said any of this? I've seen nothing like it in her posts, and yet you sound so sure.

"the clean, pretty, elite class"

That's what you think of yourself then?

"and you read a book recently that talked a little about society and human morals."

And do you fear your own knowledge is so shaky?

You realize that it is very telling the knives we throw at others? We only see ourselves and the yourself that you see is very telling. Very telling indeed.

no you moron

And witness. Which side throws down the ad hominems? Is it the troll? Or the paladins?

whos offended at a traffic accident? maybe disturbed, not offended. you get offended when some little weasely excuse for a human being comes in and says he hopes someone gets raped again.

Semantics. You know very well what she meant. And here you are. Gawking. And making sure that you're seen gawking.

This whole latter half of this thread is nothing but a gawker's block. The topic is gone. Why? Because Syphill said something that offended you? Why don't you deal with her with your vaunted intellectualism rather than your... offended conscience?

wierd how a few hundred years of oppression finally being overthrown combined with mob mentality will do that...

Ah.

And so that's the only time that humans become bloodthirsty?

Because there's such brutal oppression in America where lynchings have taken place and were once quite common.

Where public hangings were a fine way to spend an afternoon.

Yes. It's all because of the oppression.

You generalize far too easily.

do i want someone to actually get shot? no. would make a joke about someone who got shot and mugged getting shot and mugged again because i THINK their ignorant or stupid? no.

Why not?

why arent you banned yet?

Heh. Is this a drinking game? Every time you say banned we take a shot?

AzurePhoenix,

Interesting thought. Maybe rapists should use such an argument in court. "Your Honor, I'd just like to know why you're attempting to prosecute me for attacking and violating just one woman when I've been perfectly nice to at least one other!!"

What are you talking about?

She asked you if you read the post where she explained why she made her rude comment. So that you could get some blood on you.

Flareon,

My fingers got itchy for a good verbal slap,

I'm sure they did. Still itchy aren't they?

Wonder what a rapist feels like before he rapes someone?

unless you are banished before then.

*chug*

Lance,

I'm sensing a ban in coming about.

*chug*

Did I miss any?

Wouldn't be surprised.

Now. Can you all please. Stop. And look. At what. You're doing.

You're covered in blood.

And loving every minute of it.

Now.

Back to the topic.

Syphill,

Pardon, but you think your nose in the air deters rape?

So you think rape a personality contest?

I would have to say that while having a confident attitude won't prevent all rapes, no. It will prevent some. And that's the best you can hope for really.

Look at it this way. An old friend of mine has a saying. Locks only keep honest people honest. The same can be said for having a confident attitude.

Who isn't dying to hear that Klanger- she of the Ann Coulter stupidity- got raped again because she thought confidence deters rape?

The dreaded comment.

Oh. Look at it. How it lays there like a knife. Or a slimy penis all fresh from a rape. How horrible it is.

Can't anybody see that what it is saying (beside the effect of drawing out the bloodmongers) is that it would serve her right for thinking that attitude alone will keep you safe from violence.

Klanger,

Hehehehe females raping men? mmm sounds like a male fantasy to me, but joking aside I too wondered this one when I was your age. Women can rape men, but possibly not in the way most people think, she would have to use some kind of implement and rape him anally.

Others have already pointed a method or two that woman could rape a man, but there is one other. One that is violent and aggressive.

Take a cord. Tie up the man's penis and scrotum. Tight. It'll swell. And won't go down. Tug on it every now and again. Give it a little massage. THe man will have no choice in the matter.

And. This method could cause a man's death, as well. It's very violent. Can be.

As to 'the device'. Meh. It's not very well thought out. A woman could do more damage to a man as has been stated. Eyes. Crotch. Throat. Scream.

However, damaging him may just bring about more violence.

Yeesh. What a long post. It wouldn't have been if you all weren't such a lot of pansies.

God, you're all a bunch of WOMEN.
ah, the mark of the teenage moron... you gonna call us all gay next too?

Are you not "scientists"? Or at least exited by science, as you claim? Wassamatta? Don’t like me ‘cause I’m icky? Push your Pier 1 imported chairs to the screen and read:

Science requires scrutiny.

Scrutiny requires analysis.

Analysis requires data.

Which in the end should be the OBJECTIVE.

ALL impossible if one cannot slow down, put the emotions on hold, and do something as simple as READ.

I said:

"'twas a trap.

Lighten up. "

That comment, my intellectual little friends, was a trap just to prove what would happen.

And.it.bloody.did.

yes, i know. which is where your arrogant preaching comes in. :rolleyes:

You are OFFENDED that I picked on what's-her- name.

So much so you can't climb off your little moral highground to READ it was a trap.....set just for those like you.

Tatum.

yeah, im offended that you would make such a comment under ANY circumstances. what a surprise... im human.

you just reek of someone who has never had anything actually go wrong in their life. when life finally does smack you across the face crap like that loses its humor value really quickly.

And to cow to your stupidity, I’ll even help you through it:

"no you moron... whos offended at a traffic accident? maybe disturbed, not offended"- ca

You are all like church ladies gaping at an accident.

You are all transfixed.

But claim to be offended..

congratulations... you got an entire group of people "transfixed" by the idea that anyone could be so stupid and insensitive. do you feel smart now?

Gorgeous fiend.

Nothing!" says the band of merry men so eager to decry the foul troll and proclaim their own righteousness. "It says nothing about us. The only thing said in here is about YOU, foul Sycorax."

*chuckle*

Semantics. You know very well what she meant. And here you are. Gawking. And making sure that you're seen gawking.

This whole latter half of this thread is nothing but a gawker's block. The topic is gone. Why? Because Syphill said something that offended you? Why don't you deal with her with your vaunted intellectualism rather than your... offended conscience?

Look at you all. There have been almost as many posts in this thread in the few hours since her initial post as in the three days prior. What does this say about you?

And have you seen them on the Who's Online?

Fascinating.

We are the music makers..and we are the dreamers of the dream- Herr Wonka.

Now.

Back to the topic

Let's roll...

I would have to say that while having a confident attitude won't prevent all rapes, no. It will prevent some. And that's the best you can hope for really.

Look at it this way. An old friend of mine has a saying. Locks only keep honest people honest. The same can be said for having a confident attitude.

Do you honestly think so?

The pull to steal being nowhere near as strong as the pull of one’s violent sexuality and the need to impose it on another- add to this that rape is most common between 'friends' or occurring at night when the person is alone- what good is confidence then?

That's like thinking one can stop a bull elephant's musth with philosophy.

No?

A friend knows you personally and that is a vulnerability no matter how confident.

And at night and alone is…. just asking for it, head held high or not.

You are prey.

Calypigous:

Eat me.

Syphilla,

And have you seen them on the Who's Online?

No.

But I'm not surprised.

Do you honestly think so?

The pull to steal being nowhere near as strong as the pull of one’s violent sexuality and the need to impose it on another- add to this that rape is most common between 'friends' or occurring at night when the person is alone- what good is confidence then?

Ok.

As I've said, the attitude will help in certain circumstances. There are opportunistic rapists. They aren't out looking for peole to rape. They don't even have rape on their mind. But they see a victim and instincts kick in.

This reminds me of the bear. If a bear is inspecting you curiously, don't run. Why? Because if it's unsure as to your status as prey or not prey, running will cinch the deal. Prey.

Now. You make good points as to 'friend' rape. A confident attitude is not going to work here as the 'friend' knows more about you than just your outward appearance. They will know (or at least suspect) your weaknesses and strengths. They will have gauged themselves against you already (even if only subconsciously.)

In this case, the confident attitude might just play a part in making them gauge themselves as weaker than you, but it might just inspire them to fu... (can you cuss in here? I bet you can't. The peope seem to be so damn... uptight) rape you real hard. A good violent rape. A grudge rape.

So. It can be good. Can be bad. But when you're dealing with a bull in heat an attitude isn't going to be anything but waving a red rag in his face. I agree with this.

But there is something to be said for confidence. However, confidence is not enough against a determined foe. Such a one would love to rape a confident (snotty) woman. Raper her real good and leave her bloody and dying. In fact, some might seek out these types of women. After all, all the confidence in the world is going to stop a 7 foot tall giant from doing whatever he wants with you.

Eat me.

Slut. You're just asking for it now. He's going to be raping you soon.

Or...

Is your confidence enough to keep him at bay?

So. It can be good. Can be bad. But when you're dealing with a bull in heat an attitude isn't going to be anything but waving a red rag in his face. I agree with this.

interesting analogy... i think it tends to go the other way though. for example, when dealing with a dog the worst thing you can do is bend down to do anything. you command him with your posture absolutely straight because it shows dominance. bending over is submissive and hell jump all over you. from what i have been told the same thing goes for elephants. the guy at my dog training class said he used to be an elephant tamer for the circus, and that the same rules apply. you have to be absolutely confident or the elephant tosses you aside like the flea you are.

as for rapists, i think it can go either way (which seems to be the same general message you are giving). when looking for a feeling of power, you get a stronger one from doing it to someone more resistant. as for victimising someone, if someones already making themselves look like a victim... thats the obvious choice.

id say it depends on the brand of rapist you get, but in general i would say confidence is something you should strive for in regard to such situations. confidence will keep you fighting and keep you focussed. i think youve got better chances both of not getting attacked and of defending yourself if your confident.

confidence will keep you fighting and keep you focussed. i think youve got better chances both of not getting attacked and of defending yourself if your confident.

I mostly agree. Just a couple of points.

Consider that false confidence is not confidence. You can't pretend to be confident when you're not. You may be doing more harm than good. By trying to be confident you may be making yourself even more noticeable as a possible victim.

And too. Some are astute at reading body language. In fact, we are all astute at body language on some levels. And those who are predators in the form of rapists might be more in touch with that part of the brain. The animalistic drive.

You've given the example of a dog. Well. First, a dog is another kind of animal than a man. A dog's sense of heirarchy is very strong. But. Regardless of this, a dog has a way of seeing through people. Through their 'disguise', for lack of a better word. It's because they don't dwell on the surface as man usually is wont to do. They see what the body is saying. Not the mind. The conscious mind.

(Hey. What's the deal? 1 post still? I take it that posts in General Discussion don't count towards your total in here? Interesting. I guess this is the Cesspool then.)

Edit: Almost forgot. Trying to concetrate on 'being confident' might well distract you from being safe. One sign of confidence is in being loud and boisterous. Not trying to hide your presence. Attracting attention. Putting yourself in dangerous situations.

Also. If one is busy trying to 'be confident' it might detract from focus needed to be fully aware of the environment. And also needed to be in full control of the body.

In other words, there is a huge difference in being and trying to be.

You've given the example of a dog. Well. First, a dog is another kind of animal than a man. A dog's sense of heirarchy is very strong. But. Regardless of this, a dog has a way of seeing through people. Through their 'disguise', for lack of a better word. It's because they don't dwell on the surface as man usually is wont to do. They see what the body is saying. Not the mind. The conscious mind.

true. but as you practice faking confidence it gradually becomes true. i used to have a very hard time with the whole dog thing i just discribed, but after doing the body language in a forced way for so long it becomes true. youd be amazed how quick a mean dog on the side walk will get out of your way if instead of slowing down you bark back at it. :D

Also. If one is busy trying to 'be confident' it might detract from focus needed to be fully aware of the environment. And also needed to be in full control of the body.

In other words, there is a huge difference in being and trying to be.

once again, true. this is why you need to do it always, so it becomes natural and you dont have to think about it.

This thread is wandering dangerously away from the topic.

Get it sorted.

youd rather have us focus a discussion on a spring loaded needle device a woman uses like a tampon? :confused:

seems to me this convo has turned in a much better direction. /shrug

Are you blind?

With all due respect (realizing that you are #2 of this establishment), maybe you are.

Once you get past the offended conscience that Syphill caused by uttering one statement to which she was forced to respond and to explain for two pages after, the conversation has turned towards a much more productive vein, I should think.

Actually, it's not even that it's changed track from what was spoken before her arrival. Even back then it was speaking of alternate means of rape repellent. Now it's focused on the benefits and disadvantages of exuding and air of self-confidence as a rape repellent. And even more than a rape repellent. A violence repellent.

But, you're the admin and you'd rather we stick to the topic of the tampon with spike. Ok.

:On-topic:

Lol. Hey guys. That tampon thingy looks really icky. I bet it would hurt a guy's pee-pee if he stuck his who-who in her hey-hey. It would suxxor to be that d00d.

Pause.

Can't resist. Sue me.

once again, true. this is why you need to do it always, so it becomes natural and you dont have to think about it.

Reminds me of martial arts. However, there is no self-confidence training dojo and you might well be practicing a flawed form. In fact, you most likely are. If it's not real self-confidence then it's not real. Simple as that.

And even when real, as I stated earlier, self-confidence is a loud, boisterous, putting yourself in dangerous situations because you can. But. You can't. Not really. It's an act. And one that will collapse quite quickly when your bluff is called.

Syphill, invert_nexus you two have to be the lowest of all animals.

You took a real life ordeal for me and turned it into some sort of sadistic game. You got your wish syphill I have been raped again.... by you and invert_nexus! You are a cold hearted evil b***h. How dare you do that to me or anyone else, what gives you the right to be so smug and conceited to do that to another person.

I never said confidence STOPS rape, I said in certain circumstances it can and DOES deter it happening. You have absolutely no idea what the difference is between holding your head up and sticking your nose in the air, yes the latter is snooty and suprise suprise that sums you up in one!

Rape can happen at any time to anyone, and that includes YOU! I can only hope that when it does happen to you that you will be able to swallow your over inflated ego enough to not choke on it.

Rape is horrific and remains with you for the rest of your life, I found a way to get over it and move on with my life, instead of allowing that act to dominate me and keep me permenantly housebound, it is NOT a joke! and it certainly isnt something that should be scoffed at or used to make YOU sound more important than the little insignificant tramp that you are.

Invert! well done!! Your astounding observation that any female out after dark is asking to be raped just took women back to the 18th century. It is not being out after dark that is the problem it is self centred egotistical twats like you and Syphill thats the problem.

To everyone else, I appologise for the delay in posting my reply, I have sat on this information and followed this thread for the last two days and finally I am a tad less angry than I was before. I would like to thank all of you who stood up to those two moronic idiots, I appreciate your words greatly.

Rape is something that is a threat to everyone young and old alike, statistics are only ever of those rapes that are reported, I dread to think how many more go unreported and simply because of this kind of backlash from cretins like syphill and inverted, who clearly think they know it all. If more people came forward and admitted having been raped, I would be very suprised if there was one of you who could say "I have never known anyone thats been raped".

Klanger,

Syphill, invert_nexus you two have to be the lowest of all animals.

Por que?

ou got your wish syphill I have been raped again.... by you and invert_nexus!

Ah. Hyperbole. Wonderful gimmick. Yes?

So. Did this latest rape compare to your first then?

Really?

Are you going to call us nazis next?

You have absolutely no idea what the difference is between holding your head up and sticking your nose in the air, yes the latter is snooty and suprise suprise that sums you up in one!

Uhm.

That's exactly what we were talking about.

You are obviously taking my comments about how some rapists might love to attack "snotty" women as being me actually calling self-confident (or self-confident-seeming) women snotty. Not at all. I was merely illustrating how this type of rapist might view her.

But, much of the conversation has turned towards the difference between true self-confidence and pretended self-confidence.

But I guess you're too busy calling us rapists to get past the block.

At least you have a reason to gawk, unlike the rest.

Rape can happen at any time to anyone, and that includes YOU! I can only hope that when it does happen to you that you will be able to swallow your over inflated ego enough to not choke on it.

You just wished a rape on us? Is that a threat?

I feel raped...

Anyway. Yeah. I don't think that anyone was saying any different. Try actually discussing what we've said. Not what you wish we'd said.

Rape is horrific and remains with you for the rest of your life, I found a way to get over it and move on with my life, instead of allowing that act to dominate me and keep me permenantly housebound, it is NOT a joke! and it certainly isnt something that should be scoffed at or used to make YOU sound more important than the little insignificant tramp that you are.

Congratulations.

Really. No sarcasm.

Now. Who's trying to sound important?

And where did you get this idea of 'insignificant tramp' from?

Invert! well done!! Your astounding observation that any female out after dark is asking to be raped just took women back to the 18th century.

There's a feature called quotes that prevent you from putting words into people's mouths.

Use it.

I never said any such thing.

I have sat on this information and followed this thread for the last two days and finally I am a tad less angry than I was before.

Should have sat and read a couple more days. Maybe you could have addressed the points instead of some imaginary conversation.

I dread to think how many more go unreported and simply because of this kind of backlash from cretins like syphill and inverted, who clearly think they know it all.

Backlash? For saying that the idea that self-confidence can prevent rape is not necessarily the best option?

You might note that I agree with you about it. That self-confidence and not acting like a victim actually is likely to work in many instances. However, the question is how effective will it be. And how does one pretend self-confidence when one really does not feel self-confident.

The mind may try but the body will not lie.

Many people are adept at reading such signs and might even be a beacon. Add to this the fact that self-confident behavior is often expressed as foolhardy behavior and....