Do you have a solution for peace in Syria?

Robittybob1

I don't suppose there is a solution then. I just believe that life forms should say that they are what other people are: I suppose I have to accept though that even that is futile, in which case all one can do is be true to themself.

My philosophy is that because a forest can exist after anything anyone says, nations should be ended.

There is no dissention in a forest either. A young seedling is very suppressed by the dominant trees in a forest. Its not all glorious living in a forest either.

@Ten oz - you have begun to demonstrate how complex the allegiances are. Add in a few more countries and you've got it.

Do they trust him to pay? No one will ever trust Assad again.

It is also important to recognize that a hundred years of our (western world) interfering with sovereignty has helped create the state of affairs we are currently in.

It is also important to recognize that a hundred years of our (western world) interfering with sovereignty has helped create the state of affairs we are currently in.

Somehow they have to get over that too, if they want Syria to be one country. Splitting it up is a possibility that I haven't seen being discussed.

Years ago there were little kingdoms all over the place. This wasn't conducive to peace either.

Somehow they have to get over that too, if they want Syria to be one country. Splitting it up is a possibility that I haven't seen being discussed.

Years ago there were little kingdoms all over the place. This wasn't conducive to peace either.

Tough to get over it when drone are blowing up parts of your neighborhood and killing people you know. We need to accept that the outcome matters far more to them than us since they are the ones there. We keep trying to decide for them how this should end. We need to take step back and accept how it ends isn't our choice. I think we should pressure other countries in the region to get involved will our only insistance being peace. Then whatever the region decides to do, provided there isn't genocide involved, we have to live with. No reading the tea leaves on how Russia or China make out better or whatever.

But why do forests get perceived? "Nature" magazine. Poetry. The use of nature in the horror film Scream. It all must mean something - something which political leaders should reference in public.

JK Rowling is another example: was Harry Potter unique to her, or is Harry Potter or Scream or the history of the WWE what one could think of as content of reality?

I know it sounds bizarre, but if my perception of Scream is real, should that have any bearing on if nations exist?

I think the discussion misses on a large part of the issue which is how to create a stable nation. The conflict is a symptom of underlying issues and just letting one side (whichever it is) win does not necessarily to sustainable stability. Unfortunately, just listing the elements could easily exhaust the capabilities of standard online discussion. But one would also have to look into the formation of a well-educated middle-class, raising standard of living, reducing the gap between urban and rural areas, improving governance, rule of law, economy and infrastructure just to randomly name a few elements that will be crucial to sustain peace.

The whole thing gets complicated due to recent history, in which the major players in the middle East as well as Western and former Soviet forces actively shaped and destabilized the region and let various forces attain power whose aim is anything but a stable region (as it would diminish their power).

I think the discussion misses on a large part of the issue which is how to create a stable nation. The conflict is a symptom of underlying issues and just letting one side (whichever it is) win does not necessarily to sustainable stability. Unfortunately, just listing the elements could easily exhaust the capabilities of standard online discussion. But one would also have to look into the formation of a well-educated middle-class, raising standard of living, reducing the gap between urban and rural areas, improving governance, rule of law, economy and infrastructure just to randomly name a few elements that will be crucial to sustain peace.

The whole thing gets complicated due to recent history, in which the major players in the middle East as well as Western and former Soviet forces actively shaped and destabilized the region and let various forces attain power whose aim is anything but a stable region (as it would diminish their power).

That would be a great set of objectives, none of which seem unattainable. Right where do we start?