Nonsense Hijack

B. John Jones

Governs what, exactly? Werewolves? And what do you mean by "always at the intersection"? You do know it's possible to sometimes see the moon even during the daytime, right?

Of course. But even when the moon is visible at day from one view on earth, it's more visible from over the horizon, where it's still nighttime. As far as the intersection, I'm talking about "nighttime" being a mere dome of darkness on the underside of the earth. People on opposite sides of the horizon can both see the moon for this very reason, the moon follows the dome of darkness, but always corresponds with the sun--because he is subject. Gen 1, if you will.

Of course. But even when the moon is visible at day from one view on earth, it's more visible from over the horizon, where it's still nighttime. As far as the intersection, I'm talking about "nighttime" being a mere dome of darkness on the underside of the earth.

You have had another thread about this. We all agreed, I think, that

1. night time is the shadow of the Earth

2. That shadow is a cone, not a dome

3. The moon is only in that shadow at times of lunar eclipse

People on opposite sides of the horizon can both see the moon for this very reason

Not always.

, the moon follows the dome of darkness,

No, it very obviously doesn't. Sometimes the Moon is directly between the Earth and the Sun.

but always corresponds with the sun--because he is subject.

I don't know what you mean by "always corresponds with the sun". It is a bit vague. Can you explain that?

Gen 1, if you will.

I would prefer we stick with observations of reality.

Of course. But even when the moon is visible at day from one view on earth, it's more visible from over the horizon, where it's still nighttime. As far as the intersection, I'm talking about "nighttime" being a mere dome of darkness on the underside of the earth. People on opposite sides of the horizon can both see the moon for this very reason, the moon follows the dome of darkness, but always corresponds with the sun--because he is subject. Gen 1, if you will.

You have had another thread about this. We all agreed, I think, that

1. night time is the shadow of the Earth

2. That shadow is a cone, not a dome

3. The moon is only in that shadow at times of lunar eclipse

Not always.

No, it very obviously doesn't. Sometimes the Moon is directly between the Earth and the Sun.

I don't know what you mean by "always corresponds with the sun". It is a bit vague. Can you explain that?

I would prefer we stick with observations of reality.

The shadow would necessarily be darker the nearer it is to the earth. The least dark point of the shadow will be the point of the cone. Therefore the highest concentration of darkness is a dome. Common sense. We all have it.

The control mechanism of the moon's orbit around the earth is it's governance role over the nighttime. It must maintain with light and nighttime.

In order for a solar eclipse to be visible, you must be in the shadow of the moon, so it's still going to be dark. And I'm guessing that the time of day of solar eclipse is always nearer to dawn and dusk.

Edited by B. John Jones

The shadow would necessarily be darker the nearer it is to the earth. The least dark point of the shadow will be the point of the cone. Therefore the highest concentration of darkness is a dome.

So you are insisting on calling the cone of the umbra, a "dome". Oh well, abuse the language if you must.

Common sense. We all have it.

And it is often wrong. Which is why we don't use it in science.

The control mechanism of the moon's orbit around the earth is it's governance role over the nighttime. It must maintain with light and nighttime.

I don't know what you mean by "governance". But as already noted, you can see the moon high in daytime sky.

In order for a solar eclipse to be visible, you must be in the shadow of the moon, so it's still going to be dark.

Correct. But hardly relevant. The moon is nowhere near the "dome" of the Earth's shadow.

And I'm guessing that the time of day of solar eclipse is always nearer to dawn and dusk.

Guessing, like common sense, is of little value. You are too often wrong. By definition, a total solar eclipse occurs near midday.

"Depending on where you are standing, the eclipse will happen at different times of the day and vary in length. If you are in the middle of the eclipse path, directly under its shadow, the eclipse occurs around midday and lasts longer than in the outskirts of the enormous shadow’s path."

http://www.isciencemag.co.uk/gallery/image-of-the-week-total-solar-eclipse/

It took a few seconds to find this picture of the sun and the moon both quite high in the sky in the middle of the day:

empire3-e1372017971178.jpg

Okay, but the moon is still visible over the horizon (where it's still night), still governing the dome of night, maintaining with light, while governing at night.

Okay, but the moon is still visible over the horizon (where it's still night)

But only a small distance over the horizon. And in the case of an eclipse at midday, it won't be visible over the horizon where it is night.

More generally, there are nights with no moon because it is on the daylight side of Earth.

So it appears you are now making stuff up to support what you wish were true.

, still governing the dome of night, maintaining with light, while governing at night.

Again, what does "governing" mean?

Prove it.

Does an ionic bond govern, as would the moon?

What does "govern" mean in this context?

As you are using the word in an apparently meaningless way, there is no way of answering these questions.