Need help on newton's Principia

bluephysics

I am reading Principia and i am not sure what he mains in certain paragraphs, such as this one:

"The orders of the parts of time is immutable, so is the order of the parts of space. Suppose those parts to be moved out of their places, and they will be moved...out of themselves. For times and places are...the places themselves as of all other things"

I suspect that since i am still at the beginning of the book, he is probably stating something simple, however i have little clue as to what he means mostly cause of his archaic writing style...

If anyone could help me understand this, it would be great and i am planning on using this forum in the future to ask more questions on Principia.

I am reading Principia and i am not sure what he mains in certain paragraphs, such as this one:

"The orders of the parts of time is immutable, so is the order of the parts of space. Suppose those parts to be moved out of their places, and they will be moved...out of themselves. For times and places are...the places themselves as of all other things"

I'll take a shot at it;

"The orders of the parts of time is immutable, so is the order of the parts of space." Immutable is unchanging, forever the same, but this also means it is predictable.

"For times and places are...the places themselves as of all other things" He's saying he can determine any objects location in the past, present or future by their own positions in relation to time.

• 5 months later...

He is stating that the constructs of the physical universe remain constant over time in the first part of the statement, the second statement could be interpreted as simply saying that for example a event in space as a event is palpable, given that events occur in space is space were to be removed the event would be rather non-conventional, similarly if space were to be effected somehow the way the event could be predicted to occur in the future based of a equation derived off events occurring in space would not provide accurate post the change to space definition.