My near death event? (I hope you find it of interest?)

Alan McDougall

How do you know the Golden Light was Jesus?

And why do you now have no doubt about the Afterlife? Since you really did not spend any time there, nor experience anything that could not be construed as being in a dream state. Sure, your heart and breathing had ceased (so you say) but all it takes to experience a dream is a few neurotransmitters firing back and forth in the brain. Just some chemicals being excited by the millivolts of electrical current that is in our brains and nervous systems. Which still, btw, trickles for up to several hours after clinical death. Hell, we say this in H.S. Biology with the frog dissections, right?

I mean, sorry, sir, all due respect. Your story was mildly interesting. And I am sure you believe in God and a Risen Jesus and the Afterlife. But as an atheist and a scientist I do not, and personally I consider your story no more proof of the Afterlife or of God than a crazy dream I had last night after eating too much ice cream before bedtime. And while you claim you have "no doubts" and believe you saw The Tree of Knowledge and Jesus, please know that this is all purely anecdotal. What would be far more impressive is if you had come away from the dream with some knowledge you did not have before. Like a fact from one of those books you said you saw by the Tree. Which, btw, if they were from the Tree of Knowledge in Genesis, would have been written in Hebrew, correct? Since that is the lingua franca of the original Torah.

Thanks for sharing!

VB

I was there you were not, some people as an analogy would laugh at you if you told then you came from Timbuktu, or Dar- es -Salaam.

I did come back with knowledge that I did not know about before the episode, but I am wise enough not to share it with those that jeer.

It is highly presumptuous of you to think I was trying to free you from the grip of atheism, believe what you like!

What is consciousness?

I accept the fact that you are a scientist, God is the primordial scientist and he just might be using this thread to reveal how much he loves you, regardless..

Paul Dirac the great physicist , quoted that "he saw God in the beauty of his mathematics"

To dream a persons brain needs to be flooded with blood, how can a a totally inactive brain that was devoid of blood think and think about a place so beyond any earthy imagination a place so full of beauty , love and wonder?

The Golden orb seem to fill existence with unconditional love, only Jesus fits.

Why do people think that we retain a physical body like we have in this mortal life on earth. In the afterlife there is no need for legs as just one example . We take on any shape that fits and Jesus passed me buy as a golden orb condensed golden of energy or spirit.

The fact that you "an atheist and a scientist", makes no difference, there are hundreds of accounts by atheists that had had a NDE of becoming firm believers in Almighty God.

Did I say the book was written in English I did not check your facts?

Edited by Alan McDougall

Does it matter?

Death is something we will all face, whatever we believe; proximity doesn’t lead to understanding any more than age leads to wisdom.

Age does lead to wisdom Period!

Does it matter?

Death is something we will all face, whatever we believe; proximity doesn’t lead to understanding any more than age leads to wisdom.

@ Alan, you are making unsubstantiated claims again and even highlighting some of them. Please stop doing that, preach your beliefs somewhere else.

Who are you to tell me what to do? I am not preaching anything, you can believe in the tooth demon as far as I am concerned. Most of my life I was an angry theist, now I an a believer, but stay well away from exclusive fundamentalism, which I despise!

I am saddened to what happens to threads like this.

Either way, I may point out that you can't disprove god exists, even though there's a lot of things you can't disprove. (Like a tea cup orbiting Neptune :) ) which trying to prove to someone that their god isn't real rarely works with christians. Its kind of pointless trying too. Also, being a christian doesn't make you a fool, nor does being an atheist. Infact, the christian bible preaches about a lot of good things that you should\shouldn't do, if they truely follow the bible they make the best citizens, so don't critizse them. Whether you believe in it or not, it doesn't matter. Why must you constantly try to stamp out religion just because you don't believe in it? Sure your going to say your just pointing out things,but is that really the truth -.-? Once again, state your opinion, arguing will never get you anywhere for arguing religion.

Age does lead to wisdom Period!

That depends on how these ages of life were spent.

Farmer from 3rd world country, not reading any books, because he has not learned it, will most likely have only useful knowledge about vegetables and animals he worked with entire his life.

Edited by Sensei

I was there you were not, some people as an analogy would laugh at you if you told then you came from Timbuktu, or Dar- es -Salaam.

I did come back with knowledge that I did not know about before the episode, but I am wise enough not to share it with those that jeer.

It is highly presumptuous of you to think I was trying to free you from the grip of atheism, believe what you like!

What is consciousness?

I accept the fact that you are a scientist, God is the primordial scientist and he just might be using this thread to reveal how much he loves you, regardless..

Paul Dirac the great physicist , quoted that "he saw God in the beauty of his mathematics"

To dream a persons brain needs to be flooded with blood, how can a a totally inactive brain that was devoid of blood think and think about a place so beyond any earthy imagination a place so full of beauty , love and wonder?

The Golden orb seem to fill existence with unconditional love, only Jesus fits.

Why do people think that we retain a physical body like we have in this mortal life on earth. In the afterlife there is no need for legs as just one example . We take on any shape that fits and Jesus passed me buy as a golden orb condensed golden of energy or spirit.

The fact that you "an atheist and a scientist", makes no difference, there are hundreds of accounts by atheists that had had a NDE of becoming firm believers in Almighty God.

Did I say the book was written in English I did not check your facts?

Please make no mistake. A full 90% of all my colleagues and their predecessors are atheist or agnostic. And when Dirac or Einstein with his famous "God does not play dice" comments, speak of a good, it is NOT a personal biblical type of a god. Rather, they posit an impersonal non caring sort of Deist Universal Intelligence. Nothing remotely close to a Yahweh or Allah.

Please make no mistake. A full 90% of all my colleagues and their predecessors are atheist or agnostic. And when Dirac or Einstein with his famous "God does not play dice" comments, speak of a good, it is NOT a personal biblical type of a god. Rather, they posit an impersonal non caring sort of Deist Universal Intelligence. Nothing remotely close to a Yahweh or Allah.

Einstein was an atheist he said it he had to believe in God it would be "the God of Spinoza" a Dutch philosopher who liked the idea of a deist type of God.

However, Paul Dirac was not an atheist!

Presumably you are very young, then.

Actually you make a lot of sense, sorry I mean nonsense.

Why do you bring Allah or Yahweh into the thread, in my essay I make no mention of names , in fact I do not believe God has a name or many names, like the fabricated Allah or Yahweh?

In my opinion God is the "Ever-Existing One!

Who are you to tell me what to do? I am not preaching anything, you can believe in the tooth demon as far as I am concerned. Most of my life I was an angry theist, now I an a believer

You were (and still are) preaching Alan. It is right there in the post that preceded mine and in most of your posts above. Full of unsubstantiated statements of faith with zero facts. Seems that you cannot spot the difference between fact, faith, or fallacy..? I sense that being a believer clouds your sanity.

God is the primordial scientist and he just might be using this thread to reveal how much he loves you, regardless..

I.m.o. this thread serves to illustrate a great deal of ignorance on your part, nothing more.

trying to prove to someone that their god isn't real rarely works with christians. Its kind of pointless trying too. Also, being a christian doesn't make you a fool, nor does being an atheist. Infact, the christian bible preaches about a lot of good things that you should\shouldn't do, if they truely follow the bible they make the best citizens, so don't critizse them. Whether you believe in it or not, it doesn't matter. Why must you constantly try to stamp out religion just because you don't believe in it? Sure your going to say your just pointing out things,but is that really the truth -.-? Once again, state your opinion, arguing will never get you anywhere for arguing religion.

This was just irrational blabbering that seemingly refute some of the writer's own points (spot them). To argue that we need the Bible to make better citizens is far-fetched.

Einstein was an atheist he said it he had to believe in God it would be "the God of Spinoza" a Dutch philosopher who liked the idea of a deist type of God.

The "God of Spinoza" is nature, which is referred to as pantheism.

Why do you bring Allah or Yahweh into the thread, in my essay I make no mention of names , in fact I do not believe God has a name or many names, like the fabricated Allah or Yahweh?

Well, firstly Yahweh and the God of the OT are - according to scriptures - one and the same. You do believe in that God, no? The concept of a Holy Trinity was something that was devised later by the early church fathers during the Ante-Nicene Period leading up to the Council of Nicaea. So your many references to Jesus have little significance then as you here acknowledged that you do not believe God has a name..?

Edited by Memammal

This was just irrational blabbering that seemingly refute some of the writer's own points (spot them). To argue that we need the Bible to make better citizens is far-fetched.

Irrational babbling eh? I can live with that. Though on no account did I remotely claim we needed the bible to make better citizens. What you did there is called strawmanning. To sum it up, you took what I said and purposefully twisted it to make me seem like a fool,which seems stupid to me, but if you want to do it then fine.

Also,during this entire thread, you have done nothing but insult people and call their arguments pointless that contribute nothing to the conversation, which makes you a hypocrite. Rather then clogging up this thread with useless insults, twisting peoples words, and acting like a little child, please act responsibly and contribute something ok?

Now,I come from a town full of achoholics, drug addicts, fighting, murders,and much worse things. My family is very poor, and in all probability I won't be able to get into college. Yet, I'm still happy. The reason is because I know Jesus. Maybe I'm insane, maybe its irrational, but I can make the irrational choice to make my self feel better ok? May e you come from a rich family, and your all Mr. Know it all, but not everyone is as perfect as you. Once again. Leave. It. Go.

Irrational babbling eh? I can live with that. Though on no account did I remotely claim we needed the bible to make better citizens. What you did there is called strawmanning. To sum it up, you took what I said and purposefully twisted it to make me seem like a fool,which seems stupid to me, but if you want to do it then fine.

Also,during this entire thread, you have done nothing but insult people and call their arguments pointless that contribute nothing to the conversation, which makes you a hypocrite. Rather then clogging up this thread with useless insults, twisting peoples words, and acting like a little child, please act responsibly and contribute something ok?

Now,I come from a town full of achoholics, drug addicts, fighting, murders,and much worse things. My family is very poor, and in all probability I won't be able to get into college. Yet, I'm still happy. The reason is because I know Jesus. Maybe I'm insane, maybe its irrational, but I can make the irrational choice to make my self feel better ok? May e you come from a rich family, and your all Mr. Know it all, but not everyone is as perfect as you. Once again. Leave. It. Go.

"Thanks for an intelligent post void of religious judgmental statements" like the one emanating from our unpleasant other forum member, who in reality knows nothing about NDE simply because he has never experienced it 'yet'

His smug dismissal, will quickly change to cold fear, the moment he knows he is in "the actual process of dying" as I did, something that will sober him up if he survives.

You are following the only one in all of creation, that has the power and love too free you and set you down beside Almighty God forever

Alan

God Bless Alan

You were (and still are) preaching Alan. It is right there in the post that preceded mine and in most of your posts above. Full of unsubstantiated statements of faith with zero facts. Seems that you cannot spot the difference between fact, faith, or fallacy..? I sense that being a believer clouds your sanity.

I.m.o. this thread serves to illustrate a great deal of ignorance on your part, nothing more.

The "God of Spinoza" is nature, which is referred to as pantheism.

Well, firstly Yahweh and the God of the OT are - according to scriptures - one and the same. You do believe in that God, no? The concept of a Holy Trinity was something that was devised later by the early church fathers during the Ante-Nicene Period leading up to the Council of Nicaea. So your many references to Jesus have little significance then as you here acknowledged that you do not believe God has a name..?

Dear most unpleasant person read what I say below very carefully?

I do not associate myself with hateful judgmental rants Period!

Edited by Alan McDougall