Ideas...

Kylon

Do people, would people plagurize ideas on this forum if they were good enough?

If an idea were good enough would somebody else steal the idea on this forum and use it for their own profit?:confused:

I'm sure people do and would plagiarise ideas on any forum - that doesn't mean that I condone that sort of behaviour. Why can't people be honourable? It's standard practice nowadays that anyone with a great idea/invention keeps their trap shut until they have the patent in place. Don't even tell anyone down the Pub. Plagiarising other people's research or theories in an essay/thesis is a similar matter - you MUST reference other peoples work properly or you are taking credit for ideas that aren't yours. However because it's published work you may be using, there's every chance you will be found out.

Plagiarising on the web is absolutely inexcusable.

Even if the site uses a frameset, finding the direct URL to the material you are referencing is EASY.

Passing off somebody else's work or wisdom as your own is sad.

Yes, they could. Fortunately this site is often crawled through by a bot that helps teachers detect plagarism from the web.

If an idea were good enough would somebody else steal the idea on this forum and use it for their own profit?

Profit? I doubt it. Anyone who is in the position to make a profit with ideas is likely far beyond the stage of plagarism. I hope

right;)

well anyway, I don't think any of us here is interested in plagiarizing.. well maybe someone or two, but really most people I know interested in science would rather die than to steal someone else's reasoning