Xmen science explore mind transferring

fredreload

Are you referring to having a consciousness transferred into an "empty" body, or have a just a non-conscious state transferred to an "empty body." If you are referring to the latter than this is already possible. It is simply transferring A.I. bot from one computer system to another. However if you are referring to the first one stated then currently it is not plausible until enough information is known about human/animal consciousness.

Are you referring to having a consciousness transferred into an "empty" body, or have a just a non-conscious state transferred to an "empty body." If you are referring to the latter than this is already possible. It is simply transferring A.I. bot from one computer system to another. However if you are referring to the first one stated then currently it is not plausible until enough information is known about human/animal consciousness.

Transferring consciousness to an empty body. Well technically you can just draw a 3D figure of the brain and have the consciousness transfer to it. The problem is you need to predict the next brain state as my friend pointed out, or you need to go faster than 150m/s. Scan the brain into a 3D image, have the signal spark origin(I am not sure how brain nerve signal origin is produced), predict the next available position of the signal, and just swap the consciousness into the 3D figure. That's how digital immortality will work.

P.S. You probably don't need to know what the wiring does, speculation

Edited by fredreload

Well technically you can just draw a 3D figure of the brain and have the consciousness transfer to it.

Scan the brain into a 3D image, have the signal spark origin(I am not sure how brain nerve signal origin is produced), predict the next available position of the signal, and just swap the consciousness into the 3D figure. That's how digital immortality will work.

!

Moderator Note

Apply some scientific rigor to these moments of "magic", please. Speculations at SFN is NOT about guesswork. Anyone can do that, anyone can imagine this happening. More brain, less imagination please.

!

Moderator Note

Apply some scientific rigor to these moments of "magic", please. Speculations at SFN is NOT about guesswork. Anyone can do that, anyone can imagine this happening. More brain, less imagination please.

Well, first of all you have to prove that consciousness can exist within a computer. The brain consists of both digital and analogue circuits. For instance, when you pinch the skin you feel pain, if you pinch is harder the pain increases, that's analogue circuit. The pain itself, however, should be comprises of AND, OR, Etc. logic gates. Once you get the logic gates in the correct order. Consciousness would be just comprises of the moving electrical signals. Let it be pebbles or any objects to swap in for the electrical signals as long as you have enough of them and let it move at 150m/s you generate a consciousness, you don't even need a brain. Think of electric current with inputs and outputs currents, but without the hardware that controls it. So can consciousness exist in a computer? Personally I think consciousness is a movement, the rest is for you guys to debate

P.S. There are also chemical synapses, personally I think they account for the delay in between circuits

Edited by fredreload

All the "electrical" activity in the brain is chemical. Nerves are not wires carrying electric currents. (That is why nerve signals are relatively slow.) So, inevitably, where signals are transferred from one nerve cell to another (at a synapse) it uses chemical messengers.

Right I know it's electro-chemical, but the transferring of sodium ions across the axon is similar to that of a current. And can you say that thought occurs within the axon, or the chemical messenger? It makes no sense. One idea is that the neuron is compared to a transistor similar to a computer with different input and outputs, each neuron has multiple input and output connections. So these transistors form what we perceive as consciousness, like an operating system, Windows