What is a graviton?

RedAlert

Well, it's like what the gluon is to the strong force, photon is to the electromagnetic force, the weak gauge bosons to the weak, gravitons is to gravity. They mediate the force in the sense they control it, the more of them, the stronger the force. It's just that our physicists have yet to truly confirm one's existence with hardcore evidence. All we have now is softcore temptations and naughty insinuations of the graviton's existence.

on the topic of gravity. is there a way to make a room in a house have a more stronger gravity force then the adjacent rooms. (just in a standard house for example)

Yes. Put a lot of mass underneath it. The gravity will drop off with r2

i meant to imply that the gravity induced in the one room wouldnt affect the other rooms. e.g 20ms^-1 in the one room and the rest 9.8.

if gravitrons where real could we set something like this up by manipulating there presence and lack there of.

It is very hard to detect the graviton because it is sooo weak. Gravity on a whole is thee weakest force, but a single graviton would be almost undetectable even if we knew how to 'see' it because its soo weak. It's like looking for atoms with the bare eye (although many scientists really hope that soon we will see them).

Additionally it has a rest mass of 0 so this further complicates it.

A graviton would be a quantum of gravitational raditation, in the same way that a photon is a quantum of electromagnetic radiation. And just like the virtual photon is the mediator for the electromagnetic force, it is the virtual graviton that would mediate gravity.

This is assuming that gravity can be quantisized.

Oh my! Behave yourself there naughty boy! ;)

I know how you feel' date=' I wanna be there when we finally unclothe her, I want to see her, to feel her essence, to understand her nature...ohh yes :confused::confused::confused::confused:[/quote']

Oh my! Do you always imagine in that way?

on the topic of gravity. is there a way to make a room in a house have a more stronger gravity force then the adjacent rooms. (just in a standard house for example)

make that room lower than the rest.

Yup, and we could have flying cars, effortless space travel, etc, etc......

Not necesarily (sp?) but if it [anti-grav] was possible it'd put us not only on that path but a long way down it.

make that room lower than the rest.

Not entirely correct. If by making the room lower you are removing mass from below it then you will reduce gravity, although by getting lower you are increasing the mass.