Bible Disproved By One Scripture

elizsia

Because accepting and recognizing that this amazing realty is all because of the generosity of God He would not be a lesser being if we don't honor Him but we are lesser people for not recognizing that everything is because of him

What if it isn't because of Him? What if it is because of Brahma? Or Amaterasu? Or Ahura Mazda? Or ... ?

Because accepting and recognizing that this amazing realty is all because of the generosity of God He would not be a lesser being if we don't honor Him but we are lesser people for not recognizing that everything is because of him

The great invisible unicorn in the sky wins yet again!

The existence of your "god" and Moontanman's "unicorn" seem equally probable. The major difference between your comment and his is that Moontanman doesn't actually believe what he said, while you do.

Moontanman seems to have the more mature belief system here.

This is a very immature quote that proves nothing please don't waste my time

Your comment proves nothing either.

I pretty sure he was using that unicorn thing as an insult to God who you loves and created him and everything else so you know

Please do

This one goes out to you UI and all the other theists out there because this is really all you have...

Edited by Moontanman

Look pal I am not sure if you think that you are making me lose any sureness in my belief of God but the insults aren't needed

Insults? Really? You are insulted by the truth? I care not one iota what you do or do not believe. Asserting it as truth brings you into my kill zone..

Atheists will always just brush away anything theists say but at least those who know try to address the concerns of atheists

So you just hand wave away anything that you do not agree with? The God of the bible is either a liar or nonexistent...

I pretty sure he was using that unicorn thing as an insult to God

Well, to the idea of a God, anyway.

...who you loves and created him and everything else so you know

And that's the rub of course. There is absolutely no evidence that what you say is true. You don't know it, you can't prove it, you've never talked to him. All you have to go by is hearsay and your ability to mentally play fast and loose with the facts so that you can see what you want as long as you squint your eyes.

And please don't take this as a personal attack on you. I was once exactly where you are, as are many people on this site, Moontanman being much deeper in religion than most of us.

My guess is when you were young you believed it all. When you got a little older you started to think that maybe some of the stories were a bit strange and probably not meant to be taken literally. If you keep an open mind, study science, psychology, sociology, anthropology and other topics, my guess is that even more of what you believe now will be doubted in the future. You may not get to the point to where you don't believe in God, but you will likely change over time.

Edited by zapatos

I'm not sure how old you think I am but I am 16

Hey I can tell you are all very smart and experienced in these fields and I admit I am very frustrated with dissuasions on this it's because I do feel like everyone here is opposed to y opinions I can guarantee you one thing though my faith will only get stronger

Hey I can tell you are all very smart and experienced in these fields and I admit I am very frustrated with dissuasions on this it's because I do feel like everyone here is opposed to y opinions I can guarantee you one thing though my faith will only get stronger

Well, that explains a lot...

So much for keeping an open mind...

Ultimate Infinity, before I ask, let me preface this by saying that I remember what it was like to be 16 and still largely coming to grips with what I believed about the world and trying to figure things out. I'd gone down a somewhat different path than the one you find yourself on, but regardless of what direction you're heading in, it's still a period of time where you're trying to navigate both what it is that you believe and how that relates to the beliefs of those around you, and I respect that process, so I'm going to try to avoid being too attack-y, even in instances where we may not agree.

I also think you seem like a fairly genuine and respectful person this far, and so I'll try to reflect that back to.

Now, on my own part, I'm fairly interested in the history and development of religion, and I've had some decent exposure to it and especially on the history of the Bible in particular as my father took and eventually began leading a Bible study class that deals with that history pretty in-depth.

So my question to you, for starters, is: given what we know about the history of the Bible and how it was put together, what about it has convinced you that it is absolutely the word of God?