is it meaning of taken rejection??

blue89

hello dear scientists ..

I have created one interdisciplinary project ,and at first time when I contacted with harvard GSE , they replied in the same day

of course, it was sent to incorrect department (it had been realised later) ,but in this e-mail it was said

..our office is not able to advise you regarding the subject of your inquiry. We recommend you contact the Harvard University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at admiss@fas.harvard.edu for further help.

after this e-mail, I wrote my project and sent to this e-mail given above , but it has not been responded for 2 months.

in this case ,I would ask you whether this means rejection or not ? (it has not been taken any replying from this department :gsas)?

here are some useful information/clues to make interpretation

1) the written tex included lots of faults by spelling and also grammar faults. because unluckily I have had difficult economic problems and at this time I did not have computer.

2) the project has been assessed in istanbul university by expert of mathematics anf physics and it is said that it was great.

3) I have called on telephone around 2 week ago , and I only remember from this short communication that she asked me whether I had checked the interdisciplinary subjects/fdepartments on the list ,and she asked me whether ,I had read all admissions on website.

4) the project was written in three parts and it was total 22 page..(note: this was the rudiment ,of course the whole project will be very wide if it is accepted)

exactly , I am very very curious or fear whether it has been refused? :(

I am MSc student on functional analysis.

regards.

Edited by blue89

22 pages for a proposal sounds quite alot to me. You must make sure that this is within their gudelines. (Fellowship applications can be very long with all the different sections and general BS they require)

+ Ajb

Universities expect you to be meticulous when filling out applications and generally won't contact you to let you know you've made a mistake. On their website they usually have application guidelines in PDF format that you can download to make sure you've filled the application correctly and submitted the correct accompanying documentation. This is your responsibility to submit your application correctly. Fellowship applications are very competitive so they're only going to review and consider those who have filled out the documentation to their specification. If you sent it to the incorrect address, it's possible that you also did not apply correctly. If the application date has not closed, you could try sending it again. Good luck. :)

Edited by Sirona

If you didn't get a confirmation that they received it, I think you should assume that they did not.

I did not understand what you meant. if you requested me to inform whether I have taken any e-mail from this department (gsas) then ,yes. but this was only automatic replying and it contains this clause ,too.

"..be patient. we will respond to you." , unfortunately I have not read their all admissions.I had thought only their respect before writing. and because of this I predicted they will take attention to only the content project. of course I have incorectness'

22 pages for a proposal sounds quite alot to me. You must make sure that this is within their gudelines. (Fellowship applications can be very long with all the different sections and general BS they require)

it was rudiment that 22 page is. by the time ,it is contained some other parts ,not only the main body of the project, for example it contained "privacy -policy" before implemention and when it in process is. by the time I thought that they would it to be comprehensive.

of course if is accepted , I predict it will be possible to be wider than PhD thesis. because it is also interdisciplinary of mathematics-medicine-physics.

about only mathematics part ,it may be over 80 page the main body (I would remind that it was the rudiment that had been sent) , but as I said ,this is assumption in probability of being taken acceptance.Now it is impossible for me to make any interpretation about their ideas..

+ Ajb

Universities expect you to be meticulous when filling out applications and generally won't contact you to let you know you've made a mistake. On their website they usually have application guidelines in PDF format that you can download to make sure you've filled the application correctly and submitted the correct accompanying documentation. This is your responsibility to submit your application correctly. Fellowship applications are very competitive so they're only going to review and consider those who have filled out the documentation to their specification. If you sent it to the incorrect address, it's possible that you also did not apply correctly. If the application date has not closed, you could try sending it again. Good luck. :)

oh dear sirona , sometimes I think your comments are mysterious.I can not differentiate whether you would advise something or warn someone to be better :) (be free, not for this message ,in general meaning.)

in this case I would ask you whether you are sure/confident??

from australia (adelaide university they informed me to reapply that they opened.and this was after the deadline was over.)

are you sure that every universities do this so?

, my goal was only making this great project had been indexed/implemented. this was trial interdisciplinary research project to have the new form of treatment for mortal disease named CANCER. actually ,I have some questions in physics.and I see Mr ajb is also interested in physics. if he would reply I will ask some questions to him ,because this trial project is more relevant to find out some physical and mathematical theories at real. being relevant for this mortal disease is only , because of technique of treatment. as you know it is being treated by radioactive lightening (waves/undulations) the term which given in bold is mainly the subjects costained in physics , I have no accurate informatin of this..(ajb??)

Edited by blue89

I am a bit confused with what you have actually sent to the university. Have you sent a proposal for some project or essentially a completed peiece of work?

Depending on what they have asked for, 22 pages seems a lot. But that I do not know what they have asked you for or what is generally expected. I will just say that for the positions I am applying for a research statement of 3-5 pages is usually all they are looking for. No-one wants to read anything much longer.

For fellowships from funding councils the situation is very different and they tend to want a lot more, including lots of impact statements, ethics considerations, breakdown of costs, a detailed plan...

The key thing is please check very carefully what they expect from you.

Edited by ajb

I did not understand what you meant. if you requested me to inform whether I have taken any e-mail from this department (gsas) then ,yes. but this was only automatic replying and it contains this clause ,too.

"..be patient. we will respond to you." , unfortunately I have not read their all admissions.I had thought only their respect before writing. and because of this I predicted they will take attention to only the content project. of course I have incorectness'

I thought you said they had not responded to you, and it's been 2 months.

...I have some questions in physics.and I see Mr ajb is also interested in physics. if he would reply I will ask some questions to him ,because this trial project is more relevant to find out some physical and mathematical theories at real. being relevant for this mortal disease is only , because of technique of treatment. as you know it is being treated by radioactive lightening (waves/undulations) the term which given in bold is mainly the subjects costained in physics , I have no accurate informatin of this..(ajb??)

Feel free to post questions in the physics section. Maybe people with more experience in medical physics can help you more than I can. Still, I will see what I can do.

• 1 month later...

I cancelled that message. a new e mail reached from harvard gsas and it seems positive but I have quite bad conditions in turkey.and I apologise if I gave unrest to anyone.I will try to solve my troubles by my own.

regards

Edited by blue89