Several questions about multiverses

mikelam

Assume there is multiple universes, is the dark matters(or energies) in our universe actually the matters(or energies) of another universe?

According to quantum theory, is it possible to use quantum computer to communicate with other universes in future?

Can we use LHC to test the correctness of questions above?

Thanks all brothers and sisters for joining the discussion.

I don't think it's possible to answer your first question.

There's nothing in qm that in aware of that would allow for cross universe communication, or even showing if the multiverse interpretation in correct.

I'm going to go with no.

Thanks Klaynos for replying my topics.

Any other replies from brothers and sisters will be deeply appreciated.

To be honest, I am not a pro in Physics(but i kept read science news for years). I dreamed about something yesterday so I converted my dream to above questions.

I heard that some dreams may inspire other things. So even you might think that my questions are odd or crazy, all your replies will be deeply appreciated.

Edited by mikelam

Assume there is multiple universes, is the dark matters(or energies) in our universe actually the matters(or energies) of another universe?

I don't think it's a very valid approach. You assume the premise, then ask us to assume dark matter is either related or not. It's too much guesswork with no supportive evidence, so I'd have to go with "we don't know".

The idea that matter in our universe could be interacting with matter in another universe is an idea taken seriously by string theorists. For example, the idea is discussed in the book "The Hidden Reality, Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene

I wrote a blog entry discussing some aspects of this issue of dark matter residing in another universe.

See http://blogs.scienceforums.net/billangel/2013/11/18/does-dark-matter-reside-in-another-universe/

Edited by Bill Angel

Sorry everybody for reply you all so late. I had left my town these days for some personal issues and just came back last night(Hongkong Time, I live in Hongkong).

Thanks for Phi and Bill's reply. I had read Bill's article and believe that what you wrote are very close to truth.

Then now it is about my third question: is it possible to use LHC to examine if it is true?

Thanks for Phi and Bill's reply. I had read Bill's article and believe that what you wrote are very close to truth.

Then now it is about my third question: is it possible to use LHC to examine if it is true?

There is research going on in that area. See

"Detection of mini black holes at the LHC could indicate parallel universes in extra dimensions"

http://www.phys.org/news/2015-03-mini-black-holes-lhc-parallel.html