Plumbing...

Externet

Silence... obviously no plumbers here...

Rethinking; any partial vacuum implemented to the sewer would drain the toilet trap and other traps in the drain pipes. Not a viable way.

What if these modern toilets apply full water supply pressure into the jet orifice at the moment of flushing its tank ? That could achieve the fast observed effect.

Will search for details. Bring your findings too.

Edited... not far from suspicion ----> http://www.flushmate.com/

and jump to 16:40 time stamp ---->

Edited by Externet

I did plumbing on the sub, but the toilets we had were a simple two valve affair. I can't remember if they used the siphon effect or not at this point.

Looks like it may just be based on the supply line pressure differences between commercial and residential.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/tankless-toilet2.htm

If you can, try and catch the manufacturer. Most are good at providing info about their products.

I have a friend who's wife made him buy a pressure-assisted, quick-flush toilet in their guest bath at home, with the idea of getting rid of the waste FAST. The problem is, it hisses so loudly that it scares the hell out of you when you flush the first time. I've never gotten used to how loud it is, and I don't consider it worth the quicker flush. It might use less water, but it's hard on the nerves.

• 4 years later...

Forget about vacuum implementation. Tankless toilets can simplify this issue. Tankless toilets have become popular in recent days. This is not only for their high-tech, compact, and fashionable design but they also come without a tank.
Unlike regular toilets, they don’t have water in their tanks and directly connected to the water supply pipes. So, how the water draws into the bowl? Well, small electric pumps are used.
As some models allow the water flow to be regulated electronically, they tend to be eco-friendlier.
When I was at Urban Assembly New Work Harbor School hostel, I noticed the authority like to use tankless toilets as they are also ideal to fix in tight spots. Note that- that place was also in a non-residential area.

Edited by kaimichel