Google Maps Now Covers UK

Pangloss

http://maps.google.co.uk/

It doesn't seem to have the satellite feature yet, but you can do the mouse drag bit. I just thought I'd mention it since we were talking about it here a couple of weeks ago, and I know we have some UK folks in the forums here. Enjoy!

Looks like it'd be great for tourists planning a visit, by the way. I see they have all the Underground and British Rail stations marked.

I see the McDonald's is in place at Whitehall, so our plan to destroy your government is proceeding apace. :D

oh goodie how typical!

Everyone in america gets to see their house complete with trees,swimming pool and dog running around in the garden.While us in the uk get to look at a map compiled of a-z town plan brochures available at gas stations and WH Smith price £1.99.

Why bother!!!

Hehe, okay, but that's not really what it's for. Here, try this:

Go bring up your area again (by searching it like you did), and once it's displayed on the screen, click the "local search" button at the top. You'll see it change to a two-field form in which the right field says "the map area below". In the left field, type something like, say, "pizza", and click the search button.

You should see a lot of little balloons pop up, indicating all the pizza joints near your house. At that point you can click on an individual balloon, and it'll give you web site links and links that will bring up driving directions to or from that location.