Stay 25 forever?

DreamLord

Here's the link:

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/s/space/hangintherethe25yearwaitforimmortality

Now, what do people think about it? Does it sound at all plausable? This guy seems very confident that in 25 years we will be able to stop aging. I'm really not sure how on earth this type of thing would work exactly, seems very interesting... I'm still not sure if we'll be able to stop aging.

What do you think though? If this guy does figure it out, would you try it?

I've heard this particular guy's drivel before, along with similar drivel from others.

Look at science 25 years ago, and what people predicted for now. They predicted flying cars (which are a crappy idea anyway), but never foresaw the Internet, which has revolutionized all aspects of our world. Point is that such predictions are nothing more than guesses, and most Sci-Fi authors have more accuracy and plausibility than these so-called 'experts'.

Mokele

Yup, this guy came in Popular Science 3 or 4 months a go. He looks scary, huge massive beard, scar on his right cheek, etc.

I don't believe his rantings. Seriously, microorganism genomes in our body??!! Won't we be able to eat mud then, and many other things we normally wouldn't be able to.......

Even if he said it would work, I woudn't be the first to try it.......I may be the 50th, if the 1st isn't dead by then. :)

• 2 months later...
Here's the link:

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/s/space/hangintherethe25yearwaitforimmortality

Now' date=' what do people think about it? Does it sound at all plausable? This guy seems very confident that in 25 years we will be able to stop aging. I'm really not sure how on earth this type of thing would work exactly, seems very interesting... I'm still not sure if we'll be able to stop aging.

What do you think though? If this guy does figure it out, would you try it?[/quote']

Can't read that article.

I've read many news articles about molecular mechanisms of aging. Look, these articles are designed to attract funding.

Looks, these mechanisms such as "programmed cell death" or shortening of the telemere exist for a reason. Cosmic radiations dictate that there will be mutations in your cells. If cells are not programmed to die, they will more likely to turn into cancerous cells. Cancers can kill faster than aging.

• 2 months later...
nope, simply because some other creature will eventually evolve and become smarter than us and kill us ^-^

not likely, so far we are the most advanced species on this planet, so were already ahead of everything else here. and we are still evolving.

lol we have barely existed for more than 5000 years with regards to our level of advancement, who are we to say that we are the most advanced. I'm sure that dinosaurs thought they were the most advanced as well, and well you know the rest of the story.

not likely, so far we are the most advanced species on this planet, so were already ahead of everything else here. and we are still evolving.

In respect to intellect you may be right. But I hardly call a species that kills, enslaves entire sects of people and who consistantly ruins their planet all for the gain of green peices of paper "advanced." I think the chimpanzee has us on that award.

immortality is a secret...

I found the cure to growing older and you're the only place that feels like home. Just so you know, you'll never know. Some secrets weren't meant to be told. I've found the cure to growing older...