Magnetic Pole Shift Reversal Imminent

tava6655

I Think this is important to post and I think is urgent. It is a video from a former NASA Scientist indicating that a Magnetic Pole Shift Reversal is imminent. We can discuss what a Magnetic Reversal is, but I think the video does a good job to give some partial explanation. I posted this also because I had a recent dream about A Magnetic Pole Reversal taking place and I was informing people what was going on and I've found this video.

Edited by tava6655

2012: Magnetic Pole Reversal Happens All The (Geologic) Time @ NASA

The Earth's magnetic field determines the magnetization of lava as it is laid down on the ocean floor on either side of the Mid-Atlantic Rift where the North American and European continental plates are spreading apart. As the lava solidifies, it creates a record of the orientation of past magnetic fields much like a tape recorder records sound. The last time that Earth's poles flipped in a major reversal was about 780,000 years ago, in what scientists call the Brunhes-Matuyama reversal. The fossil record shows no drastic changes in plant or animal life. Deep ocean sediment cores from this period also indicate no changes in glacial activity, based on the amount of oxygen isotopes in the cores. This is also proof that a polarity reversal would not affect the rotation axis of Earth, as the planet's rotation axis tilt has a significant effect on climate and glaciation and any change would be evident in the glacial record.

Another doomsday hypothesis about a geomagnetic flip plays up fears about incoming solar activity. This suggestion mistakenly assumes that a pole reversal would momentarily leave Earth without the magnetic field that protects us from solar flares and coronal mass ejections from the sun. But, while Earth's magnetic field can indeed weaken and strengthen over time, there is no indication that it has ever disappeared completely. A weaker field would certainly lead to a small increase in solar radiation on Earth as well as a beautiful display of aurora at lower latitudes - but nothing deadly. Moreover, even with a weakened magnetic field, Earth's thick atmosphere also offers protection against the sun's incoming particles.

ET friends? Good grief! :rolleyes:

Earth's Magnetic Field Flip Could Happen Sooner Than Expected @ Scientific American

..."Such a flip is not instantaneous, but would take many hundred if not a few thousand years," Floberghagen told Live Science. "They have happened many times in the past.

Still, there is no evidence that a weakened magnetic field would result in a doomsday for Earth. During past polarity flips there were no mass extinctions or evidence of radiation damage. Researchers think power grids and communication systems would be most at risk.

• 3 weeks later...

Hasn't a pole reversal been imminent for the last thousand years? Please do remember that the geological clock is just a trifle slower than our clocks so there's no need to panic. Also Our magnetic field will most likely maintain a strength sufficient to protect us from solar radiation, unless I'm horribly mistaken. So no need to panic. ^_^