is it possible to memorize something complex/difficult...?

is it possible to memorize something complex for the rest of your life? hoe many times do you have to replete something to memorize it for life? I really want to learn chemistry, biology and other sciences but every time that I watch a lecture online or read a text book I dont remember enough things I try repeating them ,it takes me a long time to keep repeating something long enough to memorize it and i think what is the point of learning science.I spend so much effort in memorizing but dont use it. I need to repeat things every so often to know the information and not forget it and if I don't use it i will forget it, I am not going to want to reapete a whole textbook worth of information every month. I want to go into grad school for science but i am afraid im not going to pass I am not good at math and memorizing a whole lot of information. yet i understand the videos and i feel like i can explain everything while im watching them but I try and I dont remember it. learning is memorization and understanding of information. you dont learn if you cant repeat what oyu have learned. i memorized the calvin cycle in C3 photosenthysis and all i remember now is it has phosphoglycerate in it it has ADP ATP NADH I dont even know what they stand for but I remember them, and ribulosebiphosphate carboxylaceoxogenace. I even memorized that. i just feel like i can never be smart enough to go into a science career because I cant expand my memory enough but i really want to. maybe I have to find a better way of learning. any advice?

Unless you have a photographic memory, it's very hard to memorise the entire textbook with all the fine details. What works for me is understanding the material enough to have working knowledge of the information, which allows me to function effectively at what I do. Everything else can be referenced from text books when required.