Fungus Questions

Guest akwakeboard

Guest akwakeboard

Hey all, i have a science extra credit project that i need help with. Its just a few questions, but if anyone knows the answer that would be awesome!!!

3. I am a fungal disease caused by corn mold.

6. I am a type of fungus that grows on gardens created from piles of disks that ants have cut from living leaves.

7. I am a round of pear shaped fungus taht contains spores. I sit directly on the ground or on a rotten log. Irange in sixe from a golf ball to a watermelon.

8. I use a "shot gun" to blast my spores as far as possible.

9. If you were buying mushrooms i am the most expensive kind.

10. i am when on living organisms is used to harm or kill another one. I occur especially in farming environments.

11. I am a fungus that causes the hear muscle, lining, or valves to be inflamed.

12. i am the edible type of mushroom that people collect in the midwets each spring.

13. iam the only type of fungus who reproduces through budding.

8. Artillery fungus, aka shrapnel fungus.

A couple of years ago, we started seeing spots on our mailbox and the front of our house: dark brown, impossible to scrape off. One day a car parked in our driveway got nailed. We finally called the Connecticut agricultural extension; the guy chuckled and asked us what we were doing for a lawn. Sure enough, we don't have a lawn; we have bark mulch with junipers and annuals. As the bark mulch got old, it became an ideal host.

Artillery fungus shoots spore sacs at bright or light-colored objects (such as cars). The sacs can stick to almost everything. I forget how we finally got it off the house, but it involved a few cans of paint.

• 3 weeks later...