Is masterbation healthy?

Mr Rayon

Hi.

I keep hearing on the internet that it's actually healthy to masterbate (Is this true?).

That it decreases the chances of getting prostate cancer for men.

What about for women?

What are some negative repurcussions of masterbating (e.g. removing nutrients/essential resources from the body like vitamins + minerals etc.)?

Does it really cause erectile dysfunction?

Does masterbation lower sexual libido in the long-run?

Thanks,

Mr Rayon

Stimulus-wise, how does it differ from intercourse; the mechanics is the same?

Does ones genitals know, or care, how it is stimulated. No.

Historically, it's probably all housewives tales based on religious/moral grounds that forbade it. These were fabrications intended to instill fear in the ignorant community.

Hi.

I keep hearing on the internet that it's actually healthy to masterbate (Is this true?).

That it decreases the chances of getting prostate cancer for men.

What about for women?

I think the odds of a woman getting prostate cancer is low to begin with. I imagine it would be difficult to obtain a statistically significant difference between your samples.

For obvious reasons, I hope.

HarvardProstateKnowledge.org

As part of Harvard’s Health Professionals Follow-up Study, 29,342 men between the ages of 46 and 81 reported their average number of ejaculations per month in young adulthood (ages 20–29), in mid-life (ages 40–49), and in the most recent year. Ejaculations included sexual intercourse, nocturnal emissions, and masturbation. Study participants also provided comprehensive health and lifestyle data every two years from 1992 to 2000. The scientists found that men who ejaculated 21 or more times a month enjoyed a 33% lower risk of prostate cancer compared with men who reported four to seven ejaculations a month throughout their lifetimes.

IDK if this is reliable, but sounds like having fun is good for you.

IDK if this is reliable, but sounds like having fun is good for you.

My urologist told me something similar. He said that I should have sex at least 5 times per week, for a healthy prostate, etc.. When I asked why, he said that in old times part of the treatment for prostatitis was the massage, performed similar with the rectal exam ... Of course it was at least awkward ... Through statistics they found that men with more than 5 ejaculations per week enjoyed a lower risk of prostate cancer, so, he said, probably the ejaculation is similar to a prostate massage.

BUT, if this is true, than mountain-biking should be also good/healthy for the prostate, because off-road you get the ultimate prostate massage :)