Darwin's theory

I have never heard that term, but I suppose it is reasonably accurate: evolution proceeds by random changes ("trial") that are "tested" by the environment. As a result, some of the changes survive and some don't (the "errors").

I wouldn't be entirely happy with the word trial since it seems to imply some kind of positive forethought, whereas the changes happen due to errors in DNA copying.

Though error and error does sound a bit silly, I admit.

The term also ignores drift at the phenotypic level and neutral theory at the molecular level. Darwin was right - natural and sexual selection are the main drivers of evolution and since the raw material of evolution is mutation, it can be said to be like trial and error solutions. However, we now know that there are stochastic drivers of evolution, such as drift and neutral theory.

I wouldn't be entirely happy with the word trial since it seems to imply some kind of positive forethought

Yes, I have argued against it for just that reason in the past. (I never claimed to be consistent!)

There is some logic to the descriptor of trial and error. There is evidence of numerous 'failed' attempts at everything from vision to flight. Though calling that an 'error' is potentially erroneous. Perhaps the most efficient, most effective mode of flight was developed by a beast on some island that was wiped-out by a volcanic eruption. . .and we'll never even know what it was.

The implication of a conscious effort is probably a mistake, as well. Wide genetic variation within a population is an observed phenomenon. If some combinations work under certain circumstances. . .and are passed-on to allow for more progeny with these combinations. . . .that's hardly a 'trial.'

Anthropomorphism is always a challenge when describing nature.

I have never heard that term,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_and_error

If you follow the theory of Darwin, man evolved from monkeys (work made, from monkey man) why then currently monkeys evolve?

Because they are good prepared to life in their environment.

If f.e. there would be catastrophic winter world-wide,

humans could survive, heat by artificial energy sources, below the ground,

but the all animals not prepared for cold on the surface of Earth, would die (assuming no human help).

Dinosaurs also lived parallel to their ancestors.

Sometimes successors cause extinction of ancestors, but so far it didn't happen yet in the case of monkeys.

Edited by Sensei

If you follow the theory of Darwin, man evolved from monkeys (work made, from monkey man) why then currently monkeys evolve?

Monkeys evolve. Everything evolves.

And of course, humans didn't evolve from monkeys. They both evolved from a common ancestor.

Sorry, I just meant I hadn't heard it in relation to evolution.

Edited by Strange

1) It's a common misconception that hominids evolved from other extant primates. We share a common ancestor - in a similar sense, you and you cousins share a common ancestor (i.e. your shared grandparents), but you didn't come from your cousins.

2) Even if humans did split from an extant primate population, there's no reason to expect that the ancestral population wouldn't continue to evolve along it's own independent trajectory.