The Official JOKES SECTION :)

YT2095

Horses don't (generally) generate as much as a horsepower.

Yep - IIRC James Watt wanted to be certain that any engine/device that he denoted as x horsepower would not possibly be less powerful than x horses so he over estimated the power of one horse to be certain

Horses don't (generally) generate as much as a horsepower.

Yep - IIRC James Watt wanted to be certain that any engine/device that he denoted as x horsepower would not possibly be less powerful than x horses so he over estimated the power of one horse to be certain

What? ? :blink:

So my weed wacker is as powerful as a horse??

My car is more powerful than 200 horses????????

I know a gasoline engine can maintain power without getting tired but seriously. 200 horses can be pretty powerful.

Or imagine not being able to pull a riding lawn mower unless you have 20 horses.

Is this some kind of joke?

Oh yes I guess I didn't pay attention to the thread.

Edited by BusaDave9

What? ? :blink:

So my weed wacker is as powerful as a horse??

My car is more powerful than 200 horses????????

I know a gasoline engine can maintain power without getting tired but seriously. 200 horses can be pretty powerful.

Or imagine not being able to pull a riding lawn mower unless you have 20 horses.

Is this some kind of joke?

Oh yes I guess I didn't pay attention to the thread.

Your Hayabusa will do a mile in about 27 seconds and continue to accelerate for a bit more and given a nice empty road continue at damn close to 200 miles per hour. The fastest horses in the world take around 95 seconds to do a mile. Those speed gains are not linear - double the power does not double the speed.

Your Hayabusa will do a mile in about 27 seconds and continue to accelerate for a bit more and given a nice empty road continue at damn close to 200 miles per hour. The fastest horses in the world take around 95 seconds to do a mile. Those speed gains are not linear - double the power does not double the speed.

That's not funny!

(as in, that's way too serious for this thread)

Now, this is funny:

1622164_1630590193655545_761688595_n1.pn

Anyone who has been married or in a relationship for a very long time will appreciate this one:

A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover.

In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box. When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money totalling $95,000.

He asked her about the contents.
'When we were to be married,' she said, ' my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll.'

The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. Only two Precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two Times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with Happiness.

'Honey,' he said, 'that explains the dolls, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?'

'Oh,' she said, 'that's the money I made from selling the dolls.'

For sale - demolition derby car. 2012-2013 NATIONAL CHAMPION. Arbitrary rule revision for this season changed the ambiguous and contentiously debated section titled "Auxiliary Armor" to no longer be interpreted as, or “allow anywhere on the premises”, a 75mm rapid fire cannon. My loss is your gain.

post-88603-0-07179900-1394763256_thumb.jpg

No, I should of said something else, but if something is falling down an escalator, and the escalator is going up fast enough, then it will never stop falling...

Ah right lol, didn't come across that way at first but I get you now. :P