The Official JOKES SECTION :)

YT2095

Ireland's worst air disaster occurred today when a small two-seater Cessna plane crashed into a cemetery early this afternoon in central Ireland. Irish search and rescue workers have recovered 826 bodies so far and expect that number to climb as digging continues into the night.

• 2 weeks later...

A woman pregnant with triplets was walking down the street when a masked robber ran out of a bank and shot her three times in the stomach.

Luckily the babies were OK.

The surgeon decided to leave the bullets in because it was too risky to operate.

She gave birth to two healthy daughters and a healthy son.

All was fine for 16 years, and then one daughter walked into the room in tears.

"What's wrong?" asked the mother.

"I was taking a tinkle and this bullet came out, replied the daughter.

The mother told her it was okay and explained what happened 16 years ago.

About a week later the second daughter walked into the room in tears.

"Mom, I was taking a tinkle and this bullet came out."

Again the mother told her not to worry and explained what happened 16 years ago.

A week later her son walked into the room in tears.

"It's okay" said the Mom, "I know what happened. You were taking a tinkle and a bullet came out."

"No," said the boy, "I was playing with myself and I shot the dog."

Math 1950-2006

Last week I purchased a burger at Burger King for $1.58. The counter girl took my $2 and I was digging for my change when I pulled 8 cents from my pocket and gave it to her. She stood there, holding the nickel and 3 pennies, while looking at the screen on her register. I sensed her discomfort and tried to tell her to just give me two quarters, but she hailed the manager for help. While he tried to explain the transaction to her, she stood there and cried. Why do I tell you this?

Because of the evolution in teaching math since the 1950s:

1. Teaching Math In 1950

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

2. Teaching Math In 1960

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

3. Teaching Math In 1970

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

4. Teaching Math In 1980

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

5. Teaching Math In 1990

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers.)

6. Teaching Math In 2006

Un hachero vende una carretada de maderapara $100. El costo de la producciones es $80. Cuanto dinero ha hecho?

Math 1950-2006

Last week I purchased a burger at Burger King for $1.58. The counter girl took my $2 and I was digging for my change when I pulled 8 cents from my pocket and gave it to her. She stood there, holding the nickel and 3 pennies, while looking at the screen on her register. I sensed her discomfort and tried to tell her to just give me two quarters, but she hailed the manager for help. While he tried to explain the transaction to her, she stood there and cried. Why do I tell you this?

i hate to bring seriousness to an obvious joke, but often times the confusion comes in not understanding how the register works.

when they first put you in front of the register they tell you what buttons do what, and thats it. after that you just do your best to keep up with the customers orders without making some stupid mistake that is going to get them coming back complaining to your manager about the tomato on their burger.

there are certain parts of the transaction where, to undo it, you need to call over a manager and have them use a code to let you redo the transaction. so if she already typed in the amount you gave her and you hand her more money, and shes new to using the register, she may just be confused as to exactly what needs to be done as far as the register is concerned, not what your change should be.

if she had time to think about it, shed realize the register doesnt need to know what exactly went in and out, as long as the right amount of money ends up in there, but when your first thrown into the job you dont bother to think about that, you just try to remember all the stupid unlabeled buttons.

please, be nice to the ordertakers.

i believe i owe you a joke now.

there was an altercation between 2 turtles and a snail. the police were talking to the snail about what happened.

the snail said "well officer... it all happened so fast."

:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Not necessarily.. some women find those jokes funny.. at least I do anyway..:)
In that case, Elessarina, meet swansont. swansont, meet Elessarina. Elessarina loves physics, swansont is a physicist (and a male stripper), so the two of you can just get... physical. :D

Btw, you owe us a joke, Elessarina. That's the way this thread works.

A Physicist..? now you're talking ;)

A joke? Here goes:

A couple made a deal that whoever died first would come back and inform the other of the afterlife.

Their biggest fear was that there was no afterlife.

After a long life, the husband was the first to go, and true to his word he made contact,

"Mary. Mary. are you there?

"Is that you, Fred?"

"Yes, I've come back like we agreed."

"What's it like?"

"Well, I get up in the morning, I have s*x, I have breakfast, then off to the golf course, I have s*x,I bathe in the sun, and then I have s*x again. I have lunch, another romp around the golf course,then s*x pretty much all afternoon.

After supper, golf course again. Then have s*x until late at night. The next day it starts all over again."

"Oh, Fred you surely must be in heaven."

"Not exactly, I'm a rabbit in Suffolk".

My joke killed the thread! :(

• 2 weeks later...

I heard a classic the other day and apparently it`s quite True!

"Bono, the lead singer of the band, U2, is famous throughout the

entertainment industry for being more than just a little self-righteous.

At a recent U2 concert in Glasgow , Scotland , he asked the audience for total quiet.

Then, in the silence, he started to slowly clap his hands, once every few seconds.

Holding the audience in total silence, he said into the microphone, "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

A voice with a broad Scottish accent from the front of the crowd pierced the quiet. . ...

"Well, foockin stop doin it then, ya evil basturd!""

I am passing this on to you because it worked for me and we could all use a little more calmness in our lives.

By following the simple advice I heard on the radio yesterday, I have finally found inner peace.

"The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you've started but never finished."

So, this morning, I looked around my house to see all the things I had started and hadn't finished and before leaving the house, I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream, a bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin, a packet of Jaffa cakes, the remainder of an old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos and a box of chocolates............

You have no idea how bl**dy good I feel!!!!

The other point where I laughed reading The God Particle was where Lederman needed a collimator for particle output, and scored a scrap 20 ft. Navy destroyer gun barrel. It had rifling on the inside which had to be cut down, and a graduate student of relatively slight build was just able to go inside and grind. After an hour or two of this, the student crawled out, and told him where he could put this job. Lederman quipped, "Oh my, where will I find another student of your caliber!"

I started a new sales job working for one of those "everything-under-one-roof" department stores. After my first day the manager asks me how many customers I waited on and I told him one. He tells me most of the salespeople wait on 20-30 people a day. Then he asked me how much I sold to this one customer and I told him $121,447.65.

He asked me what I sold the guy and I told him at first it was a small fishhook, then a larger fishhook, then a new rod & reel. The customer mentioned he knew a place off the coast so I told him he should get a boat. After Sporting Goods set him up with a Boston Whaler we realized his Honda Civic wouldn't pull the boat so I took him to Automotive and sold him a 4x4 Expedition.

My boss says, "A guy comes in to buy a fishhook and you sell him a boat and an SUV?!" and I tell him no, the guy came in to buy tampons for his wife and I said to him, "Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing!"