Where do you find a cow with no legs?

Right where you left it!

Why are doctors always so calm?

Because they have a lot of patients!

Why was the math book so stressed out?

Because it was full of problems!

Edited by iNow

14 hours ago, MigL said:

Oh, now we have arbitrators of humor on SFn ?

I just thought the pronoun thing wasn't very funny.  We are allowed to react to the jokes, right?  

For example, my SpaceX/SpaceY joke was tasteless and crude, and I would support anyone's right to say so, or reject it any other way.

Personally I find the pronoun choice for nonbinary folks a poor one that's kind of been forced on them by the fact that people are unable to adapt to new pronouns which would surely work better and without ambiguity.  Instead of she and her, why not assign a new NB set of pronouns like de and der?  This would eliminate what would seem to be a chronic source of confusion with they/their/them.  

2 hours ago, TheVat said:

I just thought the pronoun thing wasn't very funny.  We are allowed to react to the jokes, right?  

For example, my SpaceX/SpaceY joke was tasteless and crude, and I would support anyone's right to say so, or reject it any other way.

Personally I find the pronoun choice for nonbinary folks a poor one that's kind of been forced on them by the fact that people are unable to adapt to new pronouns which would surely work better and without ambiguity.  Instead of she and her, why not assign a new NB set of pronouns like de and der?  This would eliminate what would seem to be a chronic source of confusion with they/their/them.  

Do you find this at least a little funny?

Clown/Clownself as pronouns considering the context has to be a little funny no?

Edited by koti

On 11/13/2022 at 9:20 AM, TheVat said:

But still doesn't answer the question: is a zebra a white horse with black stripes or a black horse with white stripes?

It doesn't matter if they aren't spotted. 

The interesting question is which side of a zebra has the most stripes? And of course, it's the outside.

Last time I bought zebra, the clerk scanned the wrong barcode and I got charged for rhino.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An elderly lady has just finished discussing the arrangements for her late husband's funeral, and the director of the mortuary asks her if there's anything else they can do to honor the dearly departed, anything at all. She tells him, "Well, I hate to mention it. I chose that black suit because it was the most expensive one he had, but blue was really his color. I first met him in a blue suit, and he wore blue when we married. If you could buy him a really nice blue suit to be buried in, I'd appreciate it greatly. I know that's over and above what we discussed, so take this." She hands him a blank check and he tells her he'll do his best.

The next day the viewing starts and the elderly lady is very pleased to see her husband in a very stylish blue suit. She thanks the funeral director and compliments his choice. He assures her it was his pleasure, and then returns the blank check. The lady objects, saying, "But that's a really nice suit! Aren't you going out of pocket for it?"

"Madam, by a complete coincidence, another woman wanted her deceased husband buried in a black suit instead of a blue one. One of my assistants remarked on how both men were about the same size, so it was the easiest thing in the world to just switch their heads!"

10 minutes ago, TheVat said:

Wow.  That joke really succeeded in going a different direction than I expected.  I bet funeral directors love that joke.  

One of the best I've ever heard for misdirection. Right up until the last word, you're convinced you know how they did it. 

• 2 weeks later...