The Official JOKES SECTION :)

YT2095

45 minutes ago, TheVat said:

I would guess that he is continuing down the road of circumcision jokes.  A double entendre on "complete prick." ☹️

I only gave the post a passing glans...

29 minutes ago, mistermack said:

How do you make a Zapatos laugh on a Monday ??? 

Jeez. That's embarrassing! 🤪

I knew I shouldn't have lit that second bong...

I heard that cosmetic surgeons are using foreskin for eyelid replacements. Unfortunately the recipients turn out a bit cockeyed. 

A man who had visited Israel proudly described his adventure riding on a male camel.  How did you know it was male? his pals asked.

Because, said the man, everywhere I rode people kept calling out, "hey, look at the putz on that camel!"

A 75-year-old man walked into a crowded waiting room and approached the desk. The Receptionist said, ‘Yes sir, what are you seeing the Doctor for today?’

‘There’s something wrong with my dick’, he replied.

The receptionist became irritated and said, ‘You shouldn’t come into a crowded waiting room and say things like that.’

‘Why not, you asked me what was wrong and I told you,’ he said.

The Receptionist replied; ‘Now you’ve caused some embarrassment in this room full of people. You should have said there is something wrong with your ear or something, and discussed the problem further with the Doctor in private.’

The man replied, ‘You shouldn’t ask people questions in a roomful of strangers if the answer could embarrass anyone.

The man then decided to walk out, waited several minutes, and then re-entered.

The Receptionist smiled smugly and asked, ‘Yes??’

‘There’s something wrong with my ear,’ he stated.

The Receptionist nodded approvingly and smiled, knowing he had taken her advice.
‘And what is wrong with your ear, Sir?’

‘I can’t piss out of it,’ he replied.

The waiting room erupted in laughter.
Mess with seniors and you’re going to lose!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, koti said:

8E61AD25-E23A-4019-A1DB-F7D89033ECA8.jpeg

He wasn't actually wrong, despite all the dunking the internet has done.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/paul-krugman-got-something-very-right-about-the-internet-the-fax-machine-and-the-economy

"What people see as a major economic impact is really the social impact. From a true data impact, Krugman wasn’t wrong. “Productivity growth has been substantially weaker during the age of the internet,” Amarnath wrote. “The same deceleration is visible in terms of both nominal and real investment in software and even the broadest definition of hardware (information processing equipment). There has been some shifting and cannibalization of activity as a result of retail moving to e-commerce channels, and new media dominating advertising services at the expense of old media, but if we’re talking about macro impact beyond substitution, the burden of proof is with those eager to mock Krugman on this point.”

You can see the chart here, showing that the era of the internet has not been an impressive one for tech investment. And we all know, of course, that measured productivity states have been mediocre.

1200x-1.jpg

Furthermore, as Matt Darling, vice president of behavioral economics lab Ideas42, has pointed out, the quote came in the context of a big, national debate about how the internet would have some turbocharging effect on economic growth. There was for example a WSJ piece by Rudi Dornbusch that year arguing that we would experience a forever boom.
<...>

There was a considerable discussion at the time that the internet would fundamentally change something. Either lead to a perma-boom, or faster growth, or greater productivity, or something fundamentally new in how business cycles worked. And yet we've seen none of that. Instead we’ve had mediocre growth, long broad downturns, and declines in both productivity and general tech investment.

So yes, for sure Krugman was wrong on the societal impacts, such as how much we all have to say to each other. But on the question of the difference between the internet and the fax machine, the data back him up."

8 hours ago, iNow said:

"the burden of proof is with those eager to mock Krugman on this point.”

This shows that if you put your mind to it and use a certain rhetoric you can successfully attempt to prove that the fax maschine had the same impact on the global economy as the internet does.

aged-like-milk12.png

14 hours ago, koti said:

This shows that if you put your mind to it and use a certain rhetoric you can successfully attempt to prove that the fax maschine had the same impact on the global economy as the internet does.

It shows that, if you put your mind to it, you can excuse anything... 😉