Does a speculation if proven become accepted science?

Have you discussed this as a separate thread?

No, I generally don't discuss the details of unpublished work on the forum. I sometimes post papers I have published in my blog, and generally do on my lab's website.

My major point here is that things generally take several published studies to move from "speculation" to "experimentally supported speculation" and even more to move to "generally accepted hypothesis". It's typically not going to happen over the course of a thread on a forum, and is also beyond the capabilities of the average speculative forum poster to do it.

No, I generally don't discuss the details of unpublished work on the forum. I sometimes post papers I have published in my blog, and generally do on my lab's website.

My major point here is that things generally take several published studies to move from "speculation" to "experimentally supported speculation" and even more to move to "generally accepted hypothesis". It's typically not going to happen over the course of a thread on a forum, and is also beyond the capabilities of the average speculative forum poster to do it.

I had heard about the effect you are studying. It seems to be in the public domain already. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hygiene_hypothesis