Ages and Occupations?

blike

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest andrew

My names Andrew. I just found out about this forum and I'm from NY also going to a badly educating/funded/kept college. I'm not a nerd, but I like science, I'm mainly into the computer aspects. This site has a nice design.

Guest Optimus B

hey,

i'm 23, graduating from university in december with a B.Sc. in biochemistry and don't know what i'm going to do after that. i'm writing the MCAT in august so hopefully that will go well. cheers

B

Sorry radical I did not understand what you ment by nick (I thought you ment your name) but you ment your avitar.

I dont know a whole lot about anime (dont have lots of access to it) and I dont know japanese

the pic looks familiar but I dont know what one it is

could be the starship: nadesico one but the guy in the pic doesnt have the right clothes.

I dont really know alot of anime

only the ones that have been in america and ones I heard about from the exchange student we had for a few weeks

Aman,

Actually, i do live on a farm. My dad farms some land around here. We live a little west of little ol' auburn. We have plenty of barns and smells out here! We only have 2 stoplights too!! Im surprised you've heard about our school from academics. Right now our school district is in some money problems and no one will vote for the levy override, so some of our teachers have been laid off, extracurricular activities have been cut, some sports may even be cut too. It's pretty sad. But im a jr., so i won't have to stick around too much longer to worry about it. I'll have agree with you about the schools around here, it's nice to know everyone in your class. I've never been up in the Northeast corner, but might be headin up to Scribner sometime.

My wife went to school here 35 yrs. ago. Then UNO for her masters. I was born in Queens, NY. and raised In Anaheim, Ca.

Nebraska has em all beat so we bought a litlle house and property and are in retirement heaven. Good luck here.

See ya around

Just aman:cool:

Well i am an old friend of Blike and Fafalone's known em for at least 5yrs now if not more. Grew up on aol programming channels and went through all my phases of uberness and leetness. Now i'm a 15 (soon to be 16) year old who sits around content with my world that i have created for myself and always trying to understand people and things from the outside point of view in life. I go to school in the IB program which some of you may know of. If not basicly i do good and they pay for my college.

(My friend did it and can go to John Hopkins if he wanted to; not a bad program to try out if you wanted)

I play computer games to pass the time.

Read books and such

I live for music and dancing

with girls being my hobby

I make attempts at making sense but you might not always understand them if you try to think logically. Use your imagination and you will get far. The man with all the answers does not know why the cow jumped over the moon.

Originally posted by TrIVIAL/\bLue

Sorry radical I did not understand what you ment by nick (I thought you ment your name) but you ment your avitar.

oh right, my name(nick) is actually the name of the avatar too, a character called Radical Edward, from the series Cowboy Bebop. it's excellent.

I don't know enough Japanese to understand them, but I get my subbed versions direct from the US (plus a small fortune in post and packaging)

Originally posted by TrIVIAL/\bLue

For all of us who have no clue what the IB program is

could you tell us (me), never heard of it...:confused:

It is the 'Idiot Beating; program, where they take the worst of the students, and repeatedly beat them with sticks until they learn something.

actually I suspect it's like a fast track system, the bright students get shoved through the system faster cos they can cope. seems like a damn good idea to me, and one the UK could well do to adopt.

International Baccalaureate is an advanced program similar to AP, only across the entire curriculum. Also, it's typically on a 6.0 grade point scale (AP/honors is 5.0, general is 4.0). I complained about my school not having it many many times.

I got to be part of new program in 1962 at Walt Disney Elementary in Anaheim,CA. called GOAL, Guiding Our Able Learners. It took students over 140 IQ's and special classed them. The problem was it disappeared when we went into junior high. From then on surviving was just as important as learning.

I'm glad that some of you kids have an opportunity to get the learning at the level your able to take it. I wish it was available to more and I'll do what I can around here to pushing it.

Enjoy learning always. If ever I get a little down (rarely) I go learn something. The best cure.

Just aman

im 17. Im a senior at North Brunswick High School. I play Football for the school. I work part time at Mike's Sub and Deli on Hamilton Street in Franklin (ahem mike go >) Anyway, thats about it. im not the youngest. But im not the oldest. It happens. Oh well. I plan on going to Rutgers - New Brunswick with mike :D. Next year. I dunno what to major in. Someone give me some ideas! Im thinking computers, but I don't want to be like rikky and relearn everything i Already know.