Obtaining IQ test database

Chriss

Just now, Strange said:

. However, there is, so far, zero evidence for any such relationship. Your made up numbers don't count.

Not only is there zero evidence, there is strong evidence that it's not true. John Cuthber posted a statistic which downright disproves everything this guy is saying. Yet somehow he managed to ignore that data (which is what he was asking for in the first place) and instead relies on his 1 person sample sized research (and it's 1 person because it's one person from each date; not even two).

3 minutes ago, Lord Antares said:

Not only is there zero evidence, there is strong evidence that it's not true. John Cuthber posted a statistic which downright disproves everything this guy is saying. Yet somehow he managed to ignore that data (which is what he was asking for in the first place) and instead relies on his 1 person sample sized research (and it's 1 person because it's one person from each date; not even two).

Ah yes. I managed to miss that link.

Well, there you are then. Hypothesis (wild guess) disproved.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

5 minutes ago, Lord Antares said:

In that article there is no data : IQ and birthdate. Twins have the same intelligence. I know twins. And I also had two colleagues born on the same date with me and is a very small difference in intelligence depending on the birth hour.

7 minutes ago, Chriss said:

In that article there is no data : IQ and birthdate.

Yes, there is. How do you think they got the result? It's just not made publicly available, but it was determined from a large sample size of people. Your imagination does not beat their research

7 minutes ago, Chriss said:

And I also had two colleagues born on the same date with me and is a very small difference in intelligence depending on the birth hour.

And? I struggle to see how someone with an IQ of 130 wouldn't understand the inaccuracy of small sample sizes. If I were a researcher set with a task of finding out the average height of the people in the US and I stumbled into 2 pro basketball players, I would conclude that the average height is 210 cm. That's exactly what you're doing.

Also, it has been determined that children with high IQ parents are more likely to have an IQ, which, yet again, disproves your assertion by default.
Give it up. Actual scientists have gathered the data and there's an overwhelming amount of evidence against you.

Edited by Lord Antares

4 minutes ago, Lord Antares said:

Actual scientists have gathered the data and there's an overwhelming amount of evidence against you.

Maybe they don't have good intelligence tests. The fundamental truth about intelligence is that it is a cycle of nature, and there are more cycles for example the cycle of memory  which coincides with rotation of the moon (the moon cycle). If you want to know your memory and physical energy level watch how moon was when you were born. If someone is born on a full moon day, he has maximum of memory here is a link with moon phases for 1901-2000 http://astropixels.com/ephemeris/phasescat/phases1901.html

Check how the moon was when you were born and you will see a confirmation of your memory level.

3 hours ago, Chriss said:

I am interested in birthdays since I understood what a birthday is at about 10 years old. And I asked their birthdays when we were colleagues  or check on hi5 before I discovered the cycle. I didn't knew why I'm interested.

Basically, you 've just been curious about your friends and gathered some data, made some assumptions, and now you want to know whether that data matches the big data gathered by (scientific) organisations ? This is pretty good, it's how science generally works, only with very VERY high standards regarding how the data is collected(and used)
hence why some members may have overreacted a bit when you passed your data off as "true"

So, ARE you trying to turn your data into science ? if so, i recommend to check out the scientific method first so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Or are you just curious about the data you collected? if so i recommend to post the full data tables you collected, leave out the graphs and wild guesses about height of IQ and just post the more/less IQ compared to you, if anything that data is probably the least corrupted.

48 minutes ago, Chriss said:

Maybe they don't have good intelligence tests.

I'm sure they are better than your wild guesses.

49 minutes ago, Chriss said:

The fundamental truth about intelligence is that it is a cycle of nature,

No, it isn't.

50 minutes ago, Chriss said:

there are more cycles for example the cycle of memory  which coincides with rotation of the moon (the moon cycle). If you want to know your memory and physical energy level watch how moon was when you were born. If someone is born on a full moon day, he has maximum of memory here is a link with moon phases for 1901-2000 http://astropixels.com/ephemeris/phasescat/phases1901.html

You're starting to spew pure drivel here. You have no references. You have no data. You have no evidence. Your words contradict the data shown by actual scientists. You have no idea what you're talking about. There have been multiple independent test on stuff like this with a big sample size of data. There have also been confirmations that people with high IQ parents will typically have high IQs which also disproves your crackpot theory. Also, you can very easily search the highest genius scientists and find which are born in your ''low intelligence periods''.

What if IQ tests done on me show different results than what you predict in your imaginary graph? Those IQ test are dumb, right? I should trust you because ''trust me, moon phases n shit''.

1 hour ago, Lord Antares said:

You're starting to spew pure drivel here. You have no references. You have no data. You have no evidence. Your words contradict the data shown by actual scientists. You have no idea what you're talking about. There have been multiple independent test on stuff like this with a big sample size of data. There have also been confirmations that people with high IQ parents will typically have high IQs which also disproves your crackpot theory. Also, you can very easily search the highest genius scientists and find which are born in your ''low intelligence periods''.

What if IQ tests done on me show different results than what you predict in your imaginary graph? Those IQ test are dumb, right? I should trust you because ''trust me, moon phases n shit''.

Erwin Schrodinger and Niels Bohr predicted that there are laws that operate in living organisms that are not in contradiction with the laws of physics. The cycles that I know are a kind of laws because this is the way nature works.

4 hours ago, Chriss said:

Maybe they don't have good intelligence tests.

Probably better than your guesses. 

The fundamental truth about intelligence is that it is a cycle of nature, and there are more cycles for example the cycle of memory  which coincides with rotation of the moon (the moon cycle).

There is no evidence for any of this, so I am going with "pseudoscientific nonsense". 

Yes. I need someone to do a study of intelligence.

Studies have been done. You could  also look for tests of horoscopes. I am cerytain that all the evidence will contradict your guesses. But then you will just dismiss them. 

1 hour ago, Chriss said:

The cycles that I know are a kind of laws because this is the way nature works.

Not without evidence. 

Edited by Strange

9 minutes ago, Strange said:

Studies have been done. You could  also look for tests of horoscopes. I am cerytain that all the evidence will contradict your guesses. But then you will just dismiss them. 

What about the cycle of memory, are there any studies ?

26 minutes ago, Strange said:

You tell us. You seem to be the expert. 

Well it is harder for me to look on the internet because I'm not fluent in english. Anyway the ones that got good scores on memory tests are born on full moon day or close.

For an intelligence test to be good it must not contain general culture questions.

2 hours ago, Chriss said:

It took me 18 years to discover them.

It took you 18 years to get the birth dates of less than 10 people?

50 minutes ago, Chriss said:

Anyway the ones that got good scores on memory tests are born on full moon day or close.

Are they? Provide references for that. Also, provide references that good memory equals high IQ.

51 minutes ago, Chriss said:

For an intelligence test to be good it must not contain general culture questions.

What makes you think they do? 

12 hours ago, Lord Antares said:

It took you 18 years to get the birth dates of less than 10 people?

Are they? Provide references for that. Also, provide references that good memory equals high IQ.

What makes you think they do? 

I know a lot of birthdays.

I didn't say that good memory equals high IQ.

I've seen intelligence test with that kind of questions.

12 hours ago, Strange said:

Don't believe it.

What is your birthday and I will telll you your memory level ?

My cycles represents the fundamental truth about human mind which will be necesary for science to know it.

12 minutes ago, Chriss said:

Then what should I do ?

Stop claiming that your guesses are true.

Look at research into the relationship between IQ and birthdate. (You have already been give one, I'm are there are others).

Look at research into the relationship between memory and birthdate. 

Look at research into the validity of horoscopes (hint: none of them show any validity to horoscope predictions of characteristics).

You could write to the authors of papers that seem relevant and ask if they know of any other relevant research

But, most importantly: Stop claiming that your guesses are true. If you keep doing this you will be dismissed as a crank who has no interest in science.

Edited by Strange

Actually, we kind of know that this idea of cycles isn't true.

People have looked into this sort of thing- you can Google it, as I did, and find reports.

Those people analysed the data in detail.

If they had found anything interesting,  they would have reported it.

But they didn't.

That very strongly suggests there was nothing interesting to find.