Interaction, Interventions, Accidents, Coincidence . There appear to have been Notable events throughout History . Are we going through one NOW ?

Mike Smith Cosmos

( as commented on in the " Science News item "

-----------------------------------------------------

" DR. MICHIO KAKU " I have concluded that we are in a world made by rules created by an intelligence."

-----------------------------------------------------

Then NOW , would be a very appropriate period for the " Overlords or Creators " to return and have an Inspection , would it not ?

If you read that thread, you will find that he never said that. It appears to be a lie made up by someone else.

Apart from that, it is Kaku so I wouldn't take it too seriously anyway.

Way too many non-optimal features :/

We need to go ahead and intelligently design ourselves, then people will be happy :)

Yes I agree , we are quite capable of intelligent design .

But sometimes our designs go a bit , off track. Eg I suppose Nobel learned to regret inventing Explosives , if I have my facts right .

Dynamite must have blown millions near to-billions of people to pieces.

Perhaps not such an intelligent design.

ALSO we could do with quite a lot of intelligence to get us as a human society , settled into our immediate future ? Is that not a point ?

Mike

Explosives existed before Nobel. He made them safer to store and handle, which led to wider adoption.

No evidence that anyone ever showed up before after a great number of lifeforms ended up going extinct due to specific events.

We've got problems but we have considerably more options to deal with them than ever before.

Explosives existed before Nobel. He made them safer to store and handle, which led to wider adoption.

No evidence that anyone ever showed up before after a great number of lifeforms ended up going extinct due to specific events.

We've got problems but we have considerably more options to deal with them than ever before.

------ But what happens if they do " show up " , as you say ? ----------

Do you think our last hundred years performance , and our current state of chaos , look good ?

Surely we look like a, teacher coming back into the classroom after slipping out for 20 minutes to see the ' head master ' , and when the teacher returned , the classroom was ' bedlam' and the classroom was an utter shambles?

" What ever has been going on ? " the class master bellows above the sheer ' bedlam ' . "

What can we say , about the state of the last 100 year history of the world , including today ?

It's been and still is , an utter disgrace ! A complete shambles ! Even currently . There are people wandering about all over the place, not sure where to go, falling out of rubber boats as they flee for safety , mothers children and family , only to end up dead in the sea. People blowing others up and killing them , threat from terrorism quite disturbing , the resources are squandered, the environment in places is pretty hacked about , the population growth ,out of control . And nobody really knows what the future holds for our children.

Surely any visiting overlords or intelligent designers ,and creators ,

are not going to be , TOO , IMPRESSED

Mike

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

All I'm going to say is that I'm taking no chances on them messing things up any worse.

Everything but the population growth is typical historically. Diasporas, land development program that goes back to Roman times, random attacks by one group of marauders or another.

I suspect economics will eventually check population growth. Most of the ecological problems are going to leave the world changed, but most probably won't notice the difference after a generation or two. For better or worse, we are a species with short memories.

By and large as long we can continue to provide the necessities, beef up infrastructure and building codes, we should be able to weather what is to come for at least a few hundred years. New technology out and coming out that improves self sufficiency will also play a role. Supply chains tend to be the weak links in our armor.

------ But what happens if they do " show up " , as you say ? ----------

Do you think our last hundred years performance , and our current state of chaos , look good ?

Surely we look like a, teacher coming back into the classroom after slipping out for 20 minutes to see the ' head master ' , and when the teacher returned , the classroom was ' bedlam' and the classroom was an utter shambles?

" What ever has been going on ? " the class master bellows above the sheer ' bedlam ' . "

What can we say , about the state of the last 100 year history of the world , including today ?

It's been and still is , an utter disgrace ! A complete shambles ! Even currently . There are people wandering about all over the place, not sure where to go, falling out of rubber boats as they flee for safety , mothers children and family , only to end up dead in the sea. People blowing others up and killing them , threat from terrorism quite disturbing , the resources are squandered, the environment in places is pretty hacked about , the population growth ,out of control . And nobody really knows what the future holds for our children.

Surely any visiting overlords or intelligent designers ,and creators ,

are not going to be , TOO , IMPRESSED

Mike

I am not sure what excuses we are going to come up with , to explain away our last 100 years of performance.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Last Night :

6000 fleeing people were rescued in ' One Night ' . At sea . BBC NEWS HEADLINES ( am Today )

They were fleeing Africa . Found in a flotilla of boats (off the Lybian coast) , fleeing ( men women and children ) from Africa , hoping to cross the Mediterranean Sea for Europe .

At the same time , the roads to Calais in northern France , had men with branches , blocking the roads into the French Port of Calais, so as to threaten Lorry drivers to smuggle immigrants into the U.K.

We definitely , appear to be in a time of , some sort of , ' world migration Problem ' .!

When the ' have nots ' come to the ' haves' , as a well known ' Futurologists ' was heard to say , when questioned on the Future ! What do we do ? " Give them what they ask for ! " Was his reply . If not , you are in for real trouble ! I mean big trouble "

post-33514-0-07067500-1472553662_thumb.jpeg

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Today , images of the ongoing immigrant problems , show , or illustrate things are not getting better . In a refugee camp , one father said , desperately trying to keep his family together " it's like Hell , in here "

post-33514-0-24680100-1474284270_thumb.jpeg

Those that have got out are protesting in London and New York over the deaths of those who died by drowning in the crossing by the life jackets of those who died !

post-33514-0-82842300-1474284399_thumb.jpeg

To any possible external whole world observer , things are still not a pretty sight .

Somehow , we need to find a way to share the total world with all its inhabitants , pretty darn quick , if we don't want these images to be on our record .

Mike

• 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

. - To what direction can we look,

For the rebuilding of Paradise ?

1. We have to try our best to improve the world - locally and globally.

2. "Rebuild" is not the right word as it implies there once was a state of "paradise". There wasn't.

2. "Rebuild" is not the right word as it implies there once was a state of "paradise". There wasn't.

Well there was supposed to have been , but we ' screwed up '

What happens ' if you are Wrong , and there really was an original set up for mankind . Forget about all the animals , they could have come from all sorts of directions . But what if there really was an introduction of a Human species who is now accountable for his/ their actions .

And the instigators are returning to see what sort of success ' we humans ' have made .

I don't fancy the task of explaining our past and present behaviour ?

.We have to try

I think things are so convoluted now , :-

so wide spread , so vast numbers , we need to seek help from elsewhere ? ( higher up the administrative tree ) .

Admit we have screwed up , and ask for help ?

There is serious talk of a RE-VISIT . . But apparently ' we are on our ( INDIVIDUAL OWN MERIT ) , on this visit .

Mike

Well there was supposed to have been , but we ' screwed up '

I guess the fact that this myth has always been popular shows that people have always felt that the world was screwed up.

As it is, for most people continues to improve. There are fewer wars than in the past. Fewer people die in childhood. More people are educated.

I guess the fact that this myth has always been popular shows that people have always felt that the world was screwed up.

As it is, for most people continues to improve. There are fewer wars than in the past. Fewer people die in childhood. More people are educated.

I suppose it could be compounded by the fact that there is such a large world population . More people , less space . The pressure is on . All the more reason to seek help. But I suppose , if you do not think there is not any help there to seek . Then , where do you go now, when the problems are insurmountable. When my car goes ' silly ' with not working , I go to the man at the garage . Where do you suggest we go , because now nobody seems to know , " how to fix the cranky behaviour of the world ?

" you can't just say " oh just leave it , it will sort itself out ! "

it's not looking very promising right now ! Terrorists are running ' a mock ' migrants are on the move , where do we turn to for a " FIX" ?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

It is rather ironic that the recent attention to the horrific , 'goings on ' , in The Middle East , From a physical distance point of view this happened, not a stones throw away from the location of very early Civilisation .

I remember from my history lessons ' Messapotania ' and ' Summarian ' featured centre stage with the advent of 'Writing on stone tablets ' and thus the start of Civilisation . This was going on between the Tigres and Euphrates rivers , and the Caspian Sea to the North .

Ref :- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuneiform_script

Mike

post-33514-0-18021100-1484553002.jpeg

It is rather ironic that the recent attention to the horrific , 'goings on ' , in The Middle East , From a physical distance point of view this happened, not a stones throw away from the location of very early Civilisation .

I remember from my history lessons ' Messapotania ' and ' Summarian ' featured centre stage with the advent of 'Writing on stone tablets ' and thus the start of Civilisation . This was going on between the Tigres and Euphrates rivers , and the Caspian Sea to the North .

Ref :- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuneiform_script

Mike

Is this the coincidence we are looking for ?

Mike

post-33514-0-06875400-1484609097_thumb.jpeg

No.

(And most of us are not looking for a coincidence that would be, when all is said and done, just that - a coincidence.)

As evidence for my suggestion ( we are only in the Lounge ) , I have been reading up the explorative work , physically undertaken by the author of this book ( shown below ) of DAVID ROHL .

He followed the physical trail of previous explorers ( Enmerkar and Lugalbanda ) explorers of Summerian Historic sites.

The Map shows the Potential site For Eden . East of Tabriz.

Ref David ROHL :- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rohl

.post-33514-0-89092400-1484820159_thumb.jpeg

Map from WORLD ATLAS ( showing location of Eden )

post-33514-0-33247100-1484820219_thumb.jpeg

Quote from ' Book '

post-33514-0-92813600-1484820256_thumb.jpeg

Syria is a bit across to the left , and the rivers Tigris and Euphrates emanate out of the region illustrated of the valley East of Tabriz . These rivers being the natural flow of Summerian Civilisation down through the Syrian, Iranian , Iraq historic land areas. These three regions having been the seat of much of recent histories wars .

The valley East of Tabriz can be seen to be enclosed on three sides. To the north a range of mountains , to the south a range of mountains , and to the East a large High mountain. ( I think Kuhha ye Sabatan 4824 metres) . Open level country as it faces Tabriz . .

Ref :- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rohl#/media/File%3ANC_Middleeast_eden.png

The Four Rivers ( Tigris, Euphrates, Gihon, Pishon ) can be seen to emanate from this Region , as sources of 4 river systems , ( mentioned in various texts ) identified on the above Wikipedia ref map .

Also ( GAN " Garden of Eden " )

There is the possible coincidence ? ( From the beginning of civilisation, to the time that we now find ourselves in , which has been described by some ,:-

. " to be the 'end times 'during which period major changes need to be made . Really major ? " and by whom ? )

Mike

Ps I would appreciate not the ( -1 's ) . ( + 1's would be more pleasant ) . This is after all, ' the lounge' , where people sit around and posit interesting conversation . My painting ( in previous post # 93 above ) , is purely Abstract and Illustrative of The valley of Eden .

I've read the book. I have a copy. I have a few of his books.

I still don't understand what coincidence you are talking about, or how his investigations relate to it. Will you clarify.

Yes , I beleive there are coincidental scenarios , both by the subject matter of ' the world then ' described in RHOL's project , which is presented at great length and detail in his book. And today's World.

The first scenario is that of the detailed position for the start of human civilisation , Geographically . With articulate accuracy , he traces the Sumarian people's civilised evidence of its existence back from its later prominence in lower reaches of the Tigres and Euphrates rivers , back up to the source of these two and another two rivers and their encumbrance civilised evidence in tablets of cuneiform writing . He reaches the valley near Edin , east of TABRIZ.

Reasoning by comparative evidence, that this was the place of the START of human civilisation.

The second coincidental scenario is that civilisation on Earth appears now, to have reached the END of civilisation ( as we know it ) .

Over the last 100 years we have chewed up by War, resources plundering , pollution , overgrowth of land usage , and a hundred and one ways , that a 'stepped- back ' look at what we have done in those last hundred years , deserves a serious ' RAIN CHECK ' as to ' how are we going to get out of this state of affairs ?

The coincident being that comming from out of those ,recent 100 years , we are back at the same arena , namely ' THE MIDDLE EAST '. The last few wars have been in and involved with ' THE MESOPOTAMIAN TIGRIS AND EUPHRATES VALLEYS. AND EVEN WORKING UP THROUGH ( ASSYRIA and ALEPPO ) AND BEYOND . ' If ' one looks ' at this area on a World Map , it is not far off TABRIZ to the North and where The Garden of Eden was situated at the start . * Ps

If this is not a coincidence ' I will eat my hat '

* ps for the sake of this argument , I think it is fitting to rule out odd findings of bones in caves , dotted , here and there , we are talking about Civilised Mankind , ' writing at great length mankind ', mushrooming growth of population , civilisation , and vast 'archeological evidence mankind' . We are not talking about monkeys in trees , we are talking about , builders , farmers , traders ' enscribers ' as a start to civilisation . The evidence is vast in the Middle East region . The evidence is even vaster for today's civilisation . If external visitors arrived at the earth in 6000 years from now , there would be no doubt where this civilisation was 6000 years before ( everywhere on earth ) . And where they were 6000 years before that ( Mesopotamia - the Middle East ) . Is that not a coincidence , or do I have to eat my hat ?

MIKE

The second coincidental scenario is that civilisation on Earth appears now, to have reached the END of civilisation ( as we know it ) .

People have said that ever since the creation of writing. And probably before. I imagine they will go on saying it for a great deal longer.

If this is not a coincidence ' I will eat my hat '

How would you like it cooked?

QUOTE: "End of civilisation..."

End of civilisation? We aren't even a class 1 civilisation yet in the measurement of galatic civilisations. We are heading towards civilisation and we aren't there yet. Maybe when we stop killing each other for money, land and superstition we will be able to call ourselves a civilisation. It is easy to love your family, children and friends - how about loving your enemy? This was taught 2000 years ago and we still can't grasp it today.

People have said that ever since the creation of writing. And probably before. I imagine they will go on saying it for a great deal longer.

How would you like it cooked?

Yes , but the same source , for the start of civilisation , might well choose the time for the end of this current civilisation .

( A.) If we are inclined the extra terrestrial way , namely we have had a previous visit by space travellers , who seeded life . Well it's time for their return , as we are getting into a stressful situation .

( B.) If we are inclined the biblical way . The story goes civilisation was started by intervention , seeding at previously described injection East of Tabriz in upper Valley near Caspian Sea . An interim visit made 2000 years ago resulting in assassination . Not before a prediction was given of a future return with a new administration . " about now " . When the current conditions would prevail .

( C.) If we go the ' total chance ' route , by blind , spontaneous life , only evolutionary pressures being responsible for human life and civilisation . Well then we are on our own . May be we need to speed up the space program.

As regards ( my hat ) I prefer : well done , turned once , served with tomatoe ketchup ! Thanks !

Mike

QUOTE: "End of civilisation..."

End of civilisation? We aren't even a class 1 civilisation yet in the measurement of galatic civilisations. We are heading towards civilisation and we aren't there yet. Maybe when we stop killing each other for money, land and superstition we will be able to call ourselves a civilisation. It is easy to love your family, children and friends - how about loving your enemy? This was taught 2000 years ago and we still can't grasp it today.

Well you are of course , right , we have never really learned , how to administer the whole Earth in a responsible manner.

We are leaving it a bit late in the day for getting things in order!

It will be very interesting to see , which way things ' Go ' in the next few years .

Which way do you think it will go . And which way will have the best chance of working ?

Mike

Ps .. TWIMC. Why the. ( -1 ) . We are attempting to have a sensible , interesting discussion , here ! Why spoil it ?