Interaction, Interventions, Accidents, Coincidence . There appear to have been Notable events throughout History . Are we going through one NOW ?

Mike Smith Cosmos

Plato' s

Story of the people in the cave and the shadows of the Animals :-

Quote "

Imprisonment in the cave

Plato begins by asking Glaucon to imagine a cave where people have been imprisoned from childhood. These prisoners are chained so that their legs and necks are fixed, forcing them to gaze at the wall in front of them and not look around at the cave, each other, or themselves (514ab).[2] Behind the prisoners is a fire, and between the fire and the prisoners is a raised walkway with a low wall, behind which people walk carrying objects or puppets "of men and other living things" (514b).[2] The people walk behind the wall so their bodies do not cast shadows for the prisoners to see, but the objects they carry do ("just as puppet showmen have screens in front of them at which they work their puppets" (514a)[2]). The prisoners cannot see any of this behind them and are only able to see the shadows cast upon the cave wall in front of them. The sounds of the people talking echo off the shadowed wall, and the prisoners falsely believe these sounds come from the shadows (514c).[2]

Socrates suggests that the shadows constitute reality for the prisoners because they have never seen anything else; they do not realize that what they see are shadows of objects in front of a fire, much less that these objects are inspired by real living things outside the cave (514b-515a).[2]

Departure from the cave

Allegory of the Cave. Left (From top to bottom): Sun; Natural things; Shadows of natural things; Fire; Artificial objects; Shadows of artificial objects; Allegory level.

Right (From top to bottom): "Good" idea, Ideas, Mathematical objects, Light, Creatures and Objects, Image, Analogy of the Sun, and the Analogy of the Divided Line

Plato then supposes that one prisoner is freed, being forced to turn and see the fire. The light would hurt his eyes and make it hard for him to see the objects that are casting the shadows. If he is told that what he saw before was not real but instead that the objects he is now struggling to see are, he would not believe it. In his pain, Plato continues, the freed prisoner would turn away and run back to what he can see and is accustomed to, that is the shadows of the carried objects. He writes "...it would hurt his eyes, and he would escape by turning away to the things which he was able to look at, and these he would believe to be clearer than what was being shown to him." [2]

Plato continues: "suppose...that someone should drag him...by force, up the rough ascent, the steep way up, and never stop until he could drag him out into the light of the sun." [2] The prisoner would be angry and in pain, and this would only worsen when the radiant light of the sun overwhelms his eyes and blinds him.[2] The sunlight is representative of the new reality and knowledge that the freed prisoner is experiencing.

Slowly, his eyes adjust to the light of the sun. First he can only see shadows. Gradually he can see the reflections of people and things in water and then later see the people and things themselves. Eventually he is able to look at the stars and moon at night until finally he can look upon the sun itself (516a).[2] Only after he can look straight at the sun "is he able to reason about it" and what it is (516b).[2] (See also Plato's Analogy of the Sun, which occurs near the end of The Republic, Book VI.)[3]

Return to the cave

Plato continues, saying that the freed prisoner would think that the real world was superior to the world he experienced in the cave; "he would bless himself for the change, and pity [the other prisoners]" and would want to bring his fellow cave dwellers out of the cave and into the sunlight (516c).[2]

The returning prisoner, whose eyes have become acclimated to the light of the sun, would be blind when he re-enters the cave, just as he was when he was first exposed to the sun (516e).[2] The prisoners, according to Socrates, would infer from the returning man's blindness that the journey out of the cave had harmed him and that they should not undertake a similar journey. Socrates concludes that the prisoners, if they were able, would therefore reach out and kill anyone who attempted to drag them out of the cave

(517a).[2].

Unquote " ( quote and image from Wikipedia as per previous post )

post-33514-0-08301100-1461044358.jpg

Ps . It would be very easy to dismiss this and other stories, from these Ancient Greeks and Latin thinkers, yet these were the people who laid the Basis for modern science, coming up through the ages to , today.

They introduced both the procedure and words of science , what with ' observation' , ' hypothesis ' ' theory ' , all probably traceable back to the 'Greek ' and ' Roman ' , language. The Middle Ages experimenters would refer back to these early thinkers to support their investigations , and so to our current research scientists.

Maybe the words of earlier thinkers speak wisely to our present generation, do they not ?

Mike

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

So , the choice is ours, is it not ?

Do we take a look and comprehension of the shadows on the wall ( the way the animals and plants shared the whole earth . )

Do we ? Live in reasonable harmony , with totally shared facilities , access for all the resources of whole shared Earth ? Or do we limit who goes where , and who has access , and spoil the Earth and face the consequences of so not doing?

post-33514-0-07612100-1461132774_thumb.jpg

Mike

Surely if we follow plato's " analogy " , then

The animals and plants when illuminated , cast a shadow , where :-

A whole world of shadowy animals and plants existing in mutual coexistence , across the whole undivided expanse of a shadowy world .

Although this is not the world of humans of different types , but just the shadow of what ' could be ' .

If we follow Platos theory , then if we want reality , we must go outside the cave . Away from shadow , into reality.

So it behoves us , as a whole world, to exist across the whole undivided world without borders ? As previously specified?

Yes / No?

One could argue ( yes but you are just making it up ! ) , but I would say No !

Because the shadows were generated from a real living system , that geological history shows '( Actually , was a Reality ) ' so now they act as 'The shadows in the cave ' which can indicate a real Human environment enacting a reality BUT following the style of ' The shadows in the cave '

Mike

Mike,

You need to take a big step back and re-think what's going on in the world.

Look at it from another perspective.

The current "wars", mass migrations & other political/financial issues are created on purpose.

You're talking about an organisation that needs to step in, but this is exactly what’s been going on for a while now, things are heading in the exact direction they need to for this to take place.

Soon the world will become a Type-1 civilization, we are heading that way now, however wars & the likes are required for the "push" into forming a global government, to help set one type of rule (law) for everyone to follow, to give this world government complete power to be able to do as you suggested - To control all the problems, to fix the wars and govern all of man-kind.

The world all speaking one language is one of the first steps to becoming a Type-1 civilization, English is almost a Type-1 language, this is why it is used in mathematics, international business, airports & radio communications etc.

For everyone to unite and have everyone integrated into 1 type of system, wars, distrust, hate & violence are all unfortunately needed to basically trick the population into electing a “stronger” political power, to make everyone feel safe…

We are on our way to becoming a Type-1 civilization, that’s what’s going on right now and has been for the past hundred years, it’s the final deciding factor before we either destroy ourselves or finally make it to Type-1.

Most people reading this reply of mine will think I’m a nut, I’m just someone who can remove all emotions & take a bigger look at the things going on around.

Mike.. You need to take a big step back and re-think what's going on in the world........Soon the world will become a Type-1 civilization, we are heading that way now, however...........Most people reading this reply of mine will think Im a nut, Im just someone who can remove all emotions & take a bigger look at the things going on around.

Well I have listened with interest to the two Peter Kakoo You tube comments. .... Quite interesting and thoughtfull..

The dangers of a civilisation not making it to Type 1 .

Well that is quite a correct assessment , as far as I can see . We are in serious danger of ... So near and yet so far .. We could mess things up badly if we do not take extreme care , not to .

The big question is ? What organisation is capable of taking a controlling hand in preventing a " disaster " ? We could so easily " screw up " ?

Mike

That's up to humans, we hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

The Astronimer Royal .. Sir Martin Rees , a few nights ago , came on Television , along with other Scientists , like Steven Hawkins and others . Sir Martin Rees was saying it was very , very likely we are being observed . Almost inevitably , because of the numbers , making up the expanse of the Universe.

Martin Rees comments lead one to ponder :-

If we are observed by a much advanced life form , it must be obvious we need a hand , to sort the current situation out .

Apparently it is inevitable , civilisations , reach this stage of development , and do not make it . Which is what Michio Kaku was saying ?

So it's "make your mind up time " for Earth Human Civilisation ? Is it not ?

Mike

Yes Mike, you said it just right, it's for humans to make up their mind and decide.

I can't comment too much on the "being observed" in fear of another court battle, but let's say:

Humans aren't being observed from a far, it's been done right here on Earth. Only in certain situations when actual ready-built nuclear warheads are armed & ready to fire during war & political tensions between certain countries do they come and "disarm" the warheads temporarily by disrupting the electrical circuits, not exactly sure how they do it, but they do.

I won't go into this any further, but it's not up to them to fix our own problems, however they do assist right when things are about to get bad for everyone (including them).

• 3 weeks later...

Discussions are going on in the u.k. ( Bank of England ) At a very high level as to the fragile nature of the current Economic Condition world wide .

I have heard other debates in the USA between high ranking individuals , as to the current stagnation in the various major Countries economies , and political systems , for that matter .

This condition surely begs a major change , WorldWide ? Does it not ?

Is this yet another ' Coincidence ' , or ' Tipping Point ' ?

Perhaps it could also be called an. HIATUS . ( Hyatus )

Definition :- https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hyatus&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

A view of marabou on a mass migration between two countries , show no borders, no fenses, no passports .

70,000 marabou just migrate each year , to where they know they can get food.

The lands are not owned by them but they have an inalienable right to migrate there and exist .

We have a bit of catching up to do and copy the Marabou, and allow all people to cross all borders . It is their inalienable right ! We must do this before it is too late

post-33514-0-97957500-1463945795_thumb.jpeg

post-33514-0-15643700-1463932296_thumb.jpeg post-33514-0-51284800-1463932349_thumb.jpeg

Still the human migrant problem remains unresolved in the Mediterranean Sea amongst other places as 10,s to 100,s of thousand remain stranded , unable to pass . We do not even do this to the animals . As illustrated above .

We can not just leave this, and hope it will get resolved ( somehow ) .

Ps . We need to lower ALL borders everywhere instantly . And establish a new FAIR world currency instantly .

" Where there is a will , there is a way "

Do this within two weeks ! There are no excuses !

mike

Ps . We need to lower ALL borders everywhere instantly . And establish a new FAIR world currency instantly .

" Where there is a will , there is a way "

Do this within two weeks ! There are no excuses !

mike

Are you comfortable with people having free access to your house? Taking food from your pantry? After all, your front door is simply a border crossing on a smaller scale.

Are you comfortable with people having free access to your house? Taking food from your pantry? After all, your front door is simply a border crossing on a smaller scale.

No, not at all , And I was not really meaning the border to our family houses. But to countries with borders.

Earlier ( post # ... 47 * see link below ) I was suggesting we should follow the shadow from Platos cave, in looking at how animals functioned for thousands upon thousands of years before ever Humankind spread about the globe. Namely they roamed the world wherever they could for food, space , water etc . And I was saying we should follow this shadow and go wherever on the globe as they were able ( NO BORDERS) . I further stated that the animals did in fact respect ' each other's family space ' . Nest , warren , lair or whatever a breeding couple tended to use as its own family space ( metres not 1000's of miles , namely human country borders) .

So all country borders to be opened totally, keep a small family patch ( up to an acre or two say ) . Produce and print a fair single world wide currency .

post-33514-0-36495700-1464038594_thumb.jpeg

Each person being issued a basic survival allowance ! Worldwide. Individual entrepreneurial earnings could be accrued to a fair level as explained previously .

Mike

* link http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/93919-interaction-interventions-accidents-coincidence-there-appear-to-have-been-notable-events-throughout-history-are-we-going-through-one-now/page-3#entry916934

I further stated that the animals did in fact respect ' each other's family space ' . Nest , warren , lair or whatever a breeding couple tended to use as its own family space ( metres not 1000's of miles , namely human country borders) .

Unfortunately each family's 'family space' can be quite large, 1000 square miles or more in the case of gray wolves. It feels like you are looking to animals for an example but then abandoning the details to arbitrarily choose the size of a family space that sounds good to you.

If animals can choose to be live alone, with a nuclear family, or in herds of millions, why shouldn't humans do the same? Why limit human packs to single digits?

In most regions where wolves live, each wolf pack has its own territory, an area in which it lives, hunts and raises its offspring and which it actively defends against other canids (dog-like animals) including other wolves. Exceptions are nomadic wolves whose prey is migratory such as the tundra wolves that follow the caribou herds on their annual treks over huge distances. Territory size is highly variable and depends on a number of factors such as prey abundance, the nature of the terrain, climate and the presence of other predators including other wolf packs. Gray wolf territories in the lower 48 states may be less than 100 square miles while territories in Alaska and Canada can range from about 300 to 1,000 square miles or more.

http://www.wolf.org/wolf-info/basic-wolf-info/wolf-faqs/#h

Zapatos said "

---------------------------------------

Unfortunately each family's 'family space' can be quite large, 1000 square miles or more in the case of gray wolves. It feels like you are looking to animals for an example but then abandoning the details to arbitrarily choose the size of a family space that sounds good to you.

If animals can choose to be live alone, with a nuclear family, or in herds of millions, why shouldn't humans do the same? Why limit human packs to single digits?

"

---------------------------------------

Well , I must acknowledge , you provide a good counter argument to my reasoning on ' animal behaviour ' .

However I would say ' the wolf , behaviour ' is perhaps an ' exception , rather than the rule ' . Although if we follow the behaviour of many generally migrating animal types , I suppose the predictors , migrate quite often with their prey? Such is the case you and I both are quoting here , namely the Canadian and Alaskan migrating Calibou .

I have personal association historically with such ' Wolf ' behaviour. The location of our Italian home in Umbria , exists near Gubbio, up in the hills . Here we can look for miles down the Appenines and nearly see Assisi ( the past dwelling place, of St Francis of Assisi) . His reputation was one of familiarity with animals . It was said the Authorities in ancient times called from Gubbio for St Francis to come to subdue the Wolves surrounding Gubbio which were stealing children of the town . He came and there are statues of the large wolves standing up to human height in front of St Fransis but to no harm to him. He is said to have returned to Assisi , unharmed , and no more did the wolves attack the children. Now yearly many pilgrims walk the famous trail down the Apennines to Assisi , near our house . ( see picture below )

I appreciate this is ' folk law ' . But although the wolf packs no longer roam , occasional isolated , wolves remain .

I was not trying to make ' heavy weather ' of the particular animal behaviour , in my argument . Other than to point out that the animal kingdom does not seem to lay down ' inpenatrable borders' that can not be crossed by others.

Namely , the animals , before humans , and even now in parts of the world , move about over large distances . And whilst doing so respect each other's family space ( apart from times of predation ) . Whether you feel this is not a good example . That is fine . But I think the mass carnage of wars of the 20 th Centuary have gone way beyond predictor and prey .

Mike

View to Assisi

post-33514-0-36930400-1464071428_thumb.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

It seems to be that ' WE ' as the human animal , seem to be included in the list of endangered species .

This time , now having been brought to the fore , as the 6th Major worldwide Extinction event That the earth has experienced in its Geological History.

Could this be tied in with the other coincidences which appear to be happening to our human experience at this time ? As identified throughout this thread ?

With the recent diliberation about the European issue, and the world wide issues such as , the economic systems , the political and national disputes, the migration phenomenon , etc etc . There is an ' air ' of panic and fragility about the world at this time . Maybe we feel this at a subconscious level both individually and nationally ? And are acting accordingly ! ..?

Animals generally sense that something is wrong during and even slightly in advance of earthquakes, forest fires and other major disasters. Are we as humans , the animals that are sensing disaster this time as we are the sentient animal , at this time . Perhaps this is why 'we' appear to be stampeding about the place ?

Link to animals sencing impending disaster :- http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/can-animals-predict-disaster-tall-tales-or-true/131/

Man-made global warming, environmental changes and an associated mass extinction event. These are the notable events of today.

Is this what you were referring to early on in this thread , Ajb , I did not really pick up on this , Mass extinction event , recently identified ( at least me personally) . When you put that point up , I did think at the time to myself ( ' what mass extinction event ? , is he talking about? )

If that is the case then could it be ? Whatever caused the previous 5 ' mass extinction events ' , will similarly be , what is causing the current , ( 6 th Mass extinction event ) ?

Here, pictures of animals sensing disaster, before it occurs !

post-33514-0-74601400-1466067578.jpegpost-33514-0-74240200-1466067592.jpg

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

We have spoken or mentioned ,

Coincidence: ... sirendipedy is a fortunate coincidence:

Here is an example I found at the bottom of a river two weeks ago !.

post-33514-0-37264600-1467454851_thumb.jpeg

Mike

Ps. The story behind this is :-

I was walking the dog by one of the ancient rivers running near where I live ( the Culm ) . At this time of year it is not in flood , so I was able to walk out , on one side of the flow, on a pebble bed in the river . Clearly sand grit, ancient stones and round pebbles had been washed down and consolidated , compacted, and remained ,year by year on the bed of the river, with other detritus.

I gazed at the river bed speculating as to how far the pebbles had come in recent times. They looked fairly blackedned, and had some form of blacked thin surface algae or some other biological covering .

I noticed a white glint coming from a partly buried , thin, rusty , piece of metal. It did not come out easily. As I carefully prised it out , still under a centimetre of river water, it came out about (4 inches by 9 inches ) .

I identified it as a small part of some discarded kitchen appliance from a 100-200 years ago . It's metal ( iron/steel sheet construction was covered in an enamel white surface . The surface was shot through with a multitude of fracture cracks. The piece had an uncanny resemblance to something I knew and identified.

As I turned it it became clear a part of it resembled the coast of Scandinavia. As I continued to examine much of the coast went right up through northern Russia . Although not totally complete , I gives me a " Sirendipedy " type feeling whenever I lay it down , alongside a map of Uk. Europe, Russia and moving into more southern countries.

I learned a new word today, but the condition it describes has been with me for quite some time: cartocacoethes – the compulsion to see maps everywhere.

In its most general definition, this experience of seeing patterns in random data is called apophenia - a term that also covers the phenomenon of ‘false positives’ in statistics, for example.

A more specific type of apophenia, appliccable here, would be pareidolia: perceiving significance in stimuli that have none.

Accidental Maps: Cartocacoethes or Blatant Pareidolia?

You mean , I suffer from some form of Mental Dissability . Called " . Apophenia. And Blatant Pareidolia ?

I knew I had a problem , I am comforted it has a name . Is there any use for this skill, like helping people find there way out of a Forrest ? Or the hinterland of Russia and Siberia ?

I was going to suggest some highly creative, Sirendipedy, was responsible for a very interesting ' apparent map ' with all sorts of meanings for the world's immediate future. Because if I lift the picture of the ( World ) , it would reveal a new dimension to the Aral Sea .

post-33514-0-69879700-1467458610.jpeg.

Mike

It is not a disability. It is normal human behaviour.

Oh good, then I am normal .

I can go on to reveal the remainder of the ' Metal Map ' and the new expanded Aral Sea ?

Some amazing prediction from 250 years ago ? Left by some visiting futuristic overlords ?

post-33514-0-82970000-1467470083_thumb.jpeg

Mike i

• 4 weeks later...

The biggest Coincidence that appears to be happening 'ALL at once ' in this recent time period ( the last 100 years ) , is the accelerated changes to our life style .

Technology Development , Population , Science , Technical capability , Space Exploration ( both physically , and by observation ), Education , Self distruction , Computational capability, Living coverage by humans of the land surface worldwide.

If there are any Intelligent Overlords, or an Origination of Matter and Life in the Universe by some Intelligent Designers ,

( as commented on in the " Science News item "

-----------------------------------------------------

" DR. MICHIO KAKU " I have concluded that we are in a world made by rules created by an intelligence."

-----------------------------------------------------

Then NOW , would be a very appropriate period for the " Overlords or Creators " to return and have an Inspection , would it not ?

I think we need to take this 'POSSIBILITY ' Seriously ? Not flippantly, or dismissively! To our cost !

Mike