Attraction to heavier women?

TransformerRobot

I find myself attracted to heavier girls more than most.

But I don't understand why?

Is there a way to fully explain why I'm attracted to them? I figured there were people here who knew enough to tell me why.

Its upto personal prospective as what you find attractive in women

i saw a documentary about a year ago on discovery channel and they said that women with big bottom are preferred by our subconscious mind as they make healthier babies

so maybe this can be one of the reasons

It shouldn't matter, but I don't know why I feel this way. Is it because I'm tired of seeing anorexic-looking supermodels that put pressure on impressionable young girls?

That maybe the PC version of your question but let’s face it, we are what we are.

Its upto personal prospective as what you find attractive in women

i saw a documentary about a year ago on discovery channel and they said that women with big bottom are preferred by our subconscious mind as they make healthier babies

so maybe this can be one of the reasons

Is it also because there's more on heavier women to enjoy? Men usually like big breasts, and heavier girls have bigger breasts.

I think it was your early exposure to Renaissance paintings. When a bit of shapeliness wasn't considered shameful. ;)

Even up to the sixties. Marilyn Monroe for one. Haute Couture model recruiters would go up to her now and say: "Too fat darling, come back when we can see your ribs". I kid not.

I think it was your early exposure to Renaissance paintings. When a bit of shapeliness wasn't considered shameful. ;)

Could it also relate to my attraction to pregnant women? *braces to be stoned for being weird* I talked to my mother about it once, and she reminded me about how it's because sex is REQUIRED to get pregnant.

Even up to the sixties. Marilyn Monroe for one. Haute Couture model recruiters would go up to her now and say: "Too fat darling, come back when we can see your ribs". I kid not.

So true. But 30 years before Marilyn, it was all about the skinny, flat flapper girls.

Could it also relate to my attraction to pregnant women? *braces to be stoned for being weird* I talked to my mother about it once, and she reminded me about how it's because sex is REQUIRED to get pregnant.

It certainly could. And there's no weirdness in that. By the time a woman is showing her pregnancy, she's usually gone through all the trauma of learning she's pregnant, the morning sickness, the fatigue, and all the things that reduce sexual drive. When she's far enough along to show appreciably (and I do appreciate it), she's probably also more ready to have more sex.

And some doctors think sex can be used to help contractions in a woman who is overdue. A hormone present in the cervix during the final stages of birth is also present in semen. The mechanism is still uncertain though.

I happen to be a big fan of thick chicks, curvy girls, fat bottom girls, big legs >:D I have given it some real thought I think it had to do with my grandmother. We lived out in the boonies, no running water, minimal electricity, baths were taken by standing in a wash tub and pouring water over someone to rinse off after soaping up. I have a clear memory of sitting on the floor watching my grandmother bathe, I had to be a toddler, but she was a heavy woman and when I hit puberty memories of seeing her with he very long black hair standing in the wash tub were very clear. I'm not sure how but I think those memories had some influence on my choice of women.

Where I went to high school most of the girls were either thick or athletic and still a bit thick, so much so that skinny girls were made fun of.

Pregnant women are beautiful, they smell wonderful, they glow, the pheromones they give off makes a man want to protect them, be around them and yes they are sexy.

Is there any evidence then men with (for want to a more polite term) curvy mothers are more attracted to curvy women?

See above!

So true. But 30 years before Marilyn, it was all about the skinny, flat flapper girls.

It certainly could. And there's no weirdness in that. By the time a woman is showing her pregnancy, she's usually gone through all the trauma of learning she's pregnant, the morning sickness, the fatigue, and all the things that reduce sexual drive. When she's far enough along to show appreciably (and I do appreciate it), she's probably also more ready to have more sex.

And some doctors think sex can be used to help contractions in a woman who is overdue. A hormone present in the cervix during the final stages of birth is also present in semen. The mechanism is still uncertain though.

I always thought my wife was at her best when pregnant, I really think it's the pheromones...

I happen to be a big fan of thick chicks, curvy girls, fat bottom girls, big legs >:D I have given it some real thought I think it had to do with my grandmother. We lived out in the boonies, no running water, minimal electricity, baths were taken by standing in a wash tub and pouring water over someone to rinse off after soaping up. I have a clear memory of sitting on the floor watching my grandmother bathe, I had to be a toddler, but she was a heavy woman and when I hit puberty memories of seeing her with he very long black hair standing in the wash tub were very clear. I'm not sure how but I think those memories had some influence on my choice of women.

Where I went to high school most of the girls were either thick or athletic and still a bit thick, so much so that skinny girls were made fun of.

Pregnant women are beautiful, they smell wonderful, they glow, the pheromones they give off makes a man want to protect them, be around them and yes they are sexy.

See above!

I always thought my wife was at her best when pregnant, I really think it's the pheromones...

I've never thought about those because I haven't been around enough pregnant women, besides my physiotherapist.

The grandmother thing wouldn't be my reason because I didn't have experiences like that with my grandmother. My mother isn't a factor either because she didn't become heavy until I was at least a teenager.

It's not a matter of 'heavy' or 'thin' but people are just attracted to healthy people because they'll have the best chance of giving birth to strong, healthy offspring who are most likely to survive. For example men are attracted to women with wider hips, bigger breasts and thick long hair because it signifies fertility and good health. Most men aren't attracted to very overweight women though, excess weight in the abdomen puts you at risk of many diseases such as heart and liver, diabetes, high blood pressure etc. However, some excess weight in the hips, buttocks and breasts isn't a risk to your health. People who are slightly overweight are also more likely to survive disease and sickness at any given age. All these factors I think contribute to people being attracted to normal/athletic/curvy opposed to thin. However, I think being attracted to very overweight/obese people isn't that common.

I'll be honest, I'm very attracted to athletic/muscular men and don't find overweight/obese men attractive at all. When I think about why I don't find it attractive, I know I subconsciously think they will be less adequate and active in bed and less energetic. This might not be true for all athletic/strong men but on average it's a good indicator.

If ( that's a "big" if) most of the men in your area like blue eyed women, but not all the women are blue eyed then for you to be attracted to brown eyed women is an evolutionary advantage. You will have less competition for the brown eyed women.

You might want to rejoice in the fact that, for whatever reason, you are one of the lucky ones who isn't trying to chase a stereotype.

The basic question may as well be how and when are sexual preferences formed. Which leads to lots of literature but no simple models or answers. Considering the regional and historic variations of ideals obviously hard-wired biological explanations is unlikely to yield a useful answer. Rather, it is likely that preferences may have their origins in childhood exposure. I am not sure about the literature in this area, though (in humans at least).

You might enjoy reading 'The Mating Mind' by Geoffrey Miller. I didn't know much about how sexual choice helped shape the evolution of human nature and thought this book was accessible and engaging for those that have little background in evolutionary psychology.

I was thinking more about individual development of mate choice and imprinting rather than the sexual selection element. Though that is quite an interesting topic itself. I do not know Geoffrey Miller, although I have become slightly skeptical on the area of evolutionary psychology.

I was thinking more about individual development of mate choice and imprinting rather than the sexual selection element. Though that is quite an interesting topic itself. I do not know Geoffrey Miller, although I have become slightly skeptical on the area of evolutionary psychology.

He's not produced anything noteworthy since The Mating Mind and has some unconventional ideas on eugenics, although despite finding him somewhat unpleasant, I did enjoy the book itself. Although I agree with you on your skepticism of evolutionary psychology, I still find myself interested. Though the testability of theories is the biggest problem, I feel that they're at least a step in the right direction. However, it seems like we're still a long way off when it comes to psychology. At least evolutionary psychology is somewhat scientific or attempts to be.

Edited by Sirona

Actually, I think the lack of testability with regard to evolution is one of the most common problem with this area. Often, compelling narratives are provided but the link to evolution itself typically cannot be tested. This makes the whole evolution part seem to be just garnish without much substance. This is not universally the case, of course, but it seemed to me that the field has quite a number of fluff pieces, but are hyped due to the compelling stories they tell.

I guess the major issue is the imbalance about how big and attractive their story is, relative to the data they have or provide.

Attraction to heavier women?

Answer: They have more matter so they generate a lot more gravity. :)

Funny.

If it were also true, I'd be able to use my brain glucose for more useful things other than worrying about weight gain. I was a chubby teenager and completely overlooked, ignored and often teased; boys were absolutely horrible to me. I lost a lot of weight during my first few years of University and once I did, I practically had to beat the guys away. Perhaps men become more understanding and accepting as they get older, or at least stop worrying about what others think. However, I wouldn't want to gain weight again to test this theory. From my experience being both overweight and healthy/fit, I can tell you that men not only notice me a lot more now, but they're also a lot nicer. Thanks to years of insecurity, I unfortunately still have a 'fat' personality.

Funny.

If it were also true, I'd be able to use my brain glucose for more useful things other than worrying about weight gain. I was a chubby teenager and completely overlooked, ignored and often teased; boys were absolutely horrible to me. I lost a lot of weight during my first few years of University and once I did, I practically had to beat the guys away. Perhaps men become more understanding and accepting as they get older, or at least stop worrying about what others think. However, I wouldn't want to gain weight again to test this theory. From my experience being both overweight and healthy/fit, I can tell you that men not only notice me a lot more now, but they're also a lot nicer. Thanks to years of insecurity, I unfortunately still have a 'fat' personality.

What does that mean exactly? Fat personality - plenty of it, tons of it, more than enough to go around? Tells us some more.

What does that mean exactly? Fat personality - plenty of it, tons of it, more than enough to go around? Tells us some more.

No, that's not what I meant at all. By 'fat' personality, I mean I'm still not confident, feel insecure and shy about my body despite not being overweight anymore. The weight loss took about a year, but it's taken years to mentally adjust to getting more attention from the opposite sex.

No, that's not what I meant at all. By 'fat' personality, I mean I'm still not confident, feel insecure and shy about my body despite not being overweight anymore. The weight loss took about a year, but it's taken years to mentally adjust to getting more attention from the opposite sex.

We read about that, where people some people still see themselves as overweight and then they actually become anorexic. I'm not saying that is the case, but in your case as you say it is an insecurity because of the past.

Have you tried saying affirmations? It was a craze many years ago.