Ginger beard in Asian male

Franky So

Hi everyone,

As far as I know, both of my biological parents are Asian, though dad side have shown some non-Asian features. Recently I start getting this ginger beard, and it seems to be getting more and more. I did some research and it appears to be a form of incomplete dominance. I did genetics as my major, but do correct me if I am wrong. I carry a mutated mcr1 gene from my parents. Can the mutated gene be Asian origin? Because I do show a lot of non-Asian features. Please let me know your thought guys.

Regards,

Franky

Hi, I cannot answer your question. Others have read it; one must assume they also do not know the answer. Generally, people who frequent this forum are thrilled to answer questions. Silence like this is an indicator, as you suggested. It is possible someone knows, has not had time to reply, and still will.

Edited by EdEarl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair

"In Asia, red hair has been found among the ancient Tocharians, who occupied the Tarim Basin in what is now the northwesternmost province of China. Caucasian Tarim mummies have been found with red hair dating to the 2nd millennium BC.[5]

Red hair is also found amongst Polynesians, and is especially common in some tribes and family groups. In Polynesian culture red hair has traditionally been seen as a sign of descent from high-ranking ancestors and a mark of rulership."​

I know one should be careful when citing Wikipedia but perhaps the links above will be of some help.