Do you often dream of disgusting toilets when you can't wait to pee in your dream ?

I must go to toilet before bedtime, or i may dream of dirty & disgusting toilets or of looking for toilets that make me uncomfortable in my sleep ....

Every time i dream of going to toilet i really need to after wake up.

Is it a kind of protection our brain orders us not to wet the bed ?

Therefore whatever we dream is a hint we shouldn't do it in our dream ? in other words, it is a way how our brain functions in a proper way ?

Do you have the same experience ?

There are neurological and psychological components to understanding the nature of dreams, dream function, and the sleep process overall. Since you have posted to the Neuroscience Forum, I can tell you that research suggests that the sleep process overall, which includes dreaming, serves the metabolic needs of brain and body. In the brain specifically, the sleep process removes accumulated cell waste and toxins more efficiently (Glymphatic System) and restores the brain's glucose and oxygen reserves (glycogen). Even more specifically, dreaming elevates activity in the brain, which increases our respiration, heartrate, and delivers more glycogen restoring blood to the brain. Dreams, the imagery and experiences we recall upon arousal from sleep, are how our waking brain synthesizes the lingering neurological effects of the activity it engaged amid sleep. Our dream recall forms amid the incongruity we sense between the lingering mental effects of dreaming and the real physical perceptions we experience during arousal from sleep. Toilet and bathroom dreams are very common. One could suggests that such dreams reflect how our waking brain interprets the lingering neurological effects of the glymphatic process. However, your dream may have deeper, psychological implications not explained by this process. After years of study, it is my opinion that dreams and dreaming have material value beyond our neurological sphere of interest.

Edited by DrmDoc

@Toilet and bathroom dreams are very common.

yes, it is common, but dreaming of intolerable dirty toilet is a common way to stop us from wetting the bed ?

If a person's brain doesn't function properly, would he dream of clean and luxurious bathroom and he may urinate in his dream ?

I believe what we dream could indicate our health problem.

@Toilet and bathroom dreams are very common.

yes, it is common, but dreaming of intolerable dirty toilet is a common way to stop us from wetting the bed ?

If a person's brain doesn't function properly, would he dream of clean and luxurious bathroom and he may urinate in his dream ?

I believe what we dream could indicate our health problem.

Yes, dreams can reflect our physiological state; however, continual dreams of the same or similar content likely suggests a deep-set unresolved psychological issue. Empirically, dreams are entirely mental phenomena originating from brain function. This means that our dreams more than likely suggests something reflective of their mental nature. When our dreams reference our physical condition, the empirical nature of dream construct suggests that it is likely referencing the mental effects of that physical condition--something more indirect than what a dream's content directly depicts.

Edited by DrmDoc

• 1 month later...

I have had a dream like this where i had to go to the bathroom but the only bathroom around was disgusting it had rats swimming in it. but when I woke up I did not have to go to the bathroom. it could be just a coincidence because every time i got this dream i didn't have to go.

I have had a dream like this where i had to go to the bathroom but the only bathroom around was disgusting it had rats swimming in it. but when I woke up I did not have to go to the bathroom. it could be just a coincidence because every time i got this dream i didn't have to go.

I agree; frankly, a lot of dream content is incidental to the metabolic processes that occur in the brain when we dream. I've had dreams involving physical injuries and pain with no real physical connection to my actual experiences upon arousal from sleep. These types of experiences suggest that dream content could be more about something happening mentally rather than what may be happening physically when we dream.